Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likwid
    Considering he was
    A: Drunk driving (fucking stupid)
    B: Tried running from the cops (sup retard?)
    C: Was a danger to the public (woulda been THRILLING if he hit someone's kid)

I'm not fighting any of those facts, just the underlying ones. Speed, what happenes after the car came to rest, etc (more of the opinionated ones). Damn, all I meant was in the example of what happened to me. Guilty yes, but what they tacked on made it worse than what it was. I guess I am a little narrow minded when it comes to grouping one COP with another. I'm sure there are some good ones, but very rare.
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    He'd have to be drunk to hire a dead guy.
    yeah, I needed to add a couple of these to my post:

doh!
    Old's Cool.

He needs to implement the Chewbacca defense.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Talking

Sounds like a case for Jackie Chiles
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

The Yeti Rundown of offenses the story suggests he may have commmited:
    76-8-305. Interference with arresting officer (class B misdemeanor)
    76-8-305.5. Failure to stop at the command of a law enforcement officer (class A misdemeanor) (note that this doesn't include failure to stop a vehicle at the command of a law enforcement officer)
    76-8-306. Obstruction of justice
    41-6a-210. Failure to respond to officer's signal to stop -- Fleeing (felony of the third degree; fine of not less than $1,000; driver license automatically revoked for one year; vehicle seized)
    41-6a-502. Driving under the influence (class B misdemeanor if first time and nobody got hurt)

plus the speeding and recklessness charges, plus any property damage, plus possibly assaulting an officer

Drunk driving is stupid, eh? Nobis gets two yeti paws up for skiing, but two paws down for this.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    I forsee a gay little scooter in his future.

Also the various danger to the public charges they can stack up on him, pretty much go through the book on driving offenses and flip a coin and you'll get the free addons.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste
    The guy is a skiing legend in a ski dependant town. I will not be surprised if he gets nothing more than a "slap on the wrist". ...even if he is a repeat offender. You know, two year license suspension + community service at Deer Valley.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    If he were a pro football/basketball/baseball player or a "real" celebrity, I would agree with you. But he is a glorified ski bum in the eyes of ANY member of law enforcement. In fact being a skier, and sort of a rowdy guy in general, probably does not bode well for the outcome of his case.

Not to mention that he ran from the cops and if there is one thing to learn from this little SNAFU it is- DON'T RUN FROM THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once they got his ass out of that car, I am not entirely surprised that they had more manpower or used more force than necessary to intervene. By the time he had lead them on a high speed chase, the cops are on heightened awareness of police/public safety issues presented by the situation. As soon as they get him stopped, the cop's number one objective is to stop this person from getting away at all costs. And since he started off by showing a complete lack of intent to cooperate with an ordinary DUI stop, they weren't inclined to play nice nor do they have to.

Hemlock- I will concede that even as a prosecutor relying on law enforcement I don't entirely agree with or trust many of the cops that I work with. But Nobis did nothing that didn't warrant excessive force and I am sure that it could have been worse.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Quote Originally Posted by hemlock hiker
    So what would judging me make you ??
    I'm not judging you. Ralph Waldo Emerson is.

He thinks you're a douche, too.
    Nevermore, however weary, should one faint by the way who gains the blessings of one mountain day; whatever his fate, long life, short life, stormy or calm, he is rich forever. -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by hemlock hiker
    I guess I am a little narrow minded when it comes to grouping one COP with another. I'm sure there are some good ones, but very rare.
    Well, it's settled then, you are an idiot.
    Change is good. You go first.

It's very wrong and reprehensible etc but there was some fucking comedy in there. Tell me that the image of him nerfing a tree and then a cop's SUV didn't make you chuckle.

Bottom line is that nobody got hurt. People could have but didn't. Let's retain some perspective. Maybe next year's Super Nobis skis come with a file in a cake.

Will he get more or less BJ's in prison??
    . . .

Watch your cornhole, Jeremy.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

i'll drink to that
    there will never be no peace, down here, in a babylon

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Bottom line is that nobody got hurt. People could have but didn't. Let's retain some perspective. Maybe next year's Super Nobis skis come with a file in a cake.
    With black and white striped top sheets and handcuffs for a complimentary ski carry.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Will he get more or give more BJ's in prison
    that's the question.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    It's very wrong and reprehensible etc but there was some fucking comedy in there. Tell me that the image of him nerfing a tree and then a cop's SUV didn't make you chuckle.

I was thinking it would make for a nice video game with a film tie-in. Grand Theft Auto 7: Nobis Unleashed, with cross-marketed advertising for his next film: Take It to the Streets: Nantucket Sleigh Ride 2.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti
    I was thinking it would make for a nice video game with a film tie-in. Grand Theft Auto 7: Nobis Unleashed, with cross-marketed advertising for his next film: Take It to the Streets: Nantucket Sleigh Ride 2.
    Dude, I so need a cheat for the Albertson's Parking Lot stage.

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo
    sucks, but if true, he is an idiot and deserves whatever happens.
    Sad but true. Sometimes I think the ski culture encourages drinking and craziness. but I guess so does every sport giving the personality of athletes. However, innocent until proven guilty.

Looks like Nobis was foreshadowing his future:

The legend pro is already jumpsuit orange. The nobis edition should have a jail name and inmate id number on it. That would be badass.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    He should have told him who he was: THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH. They couldn't hurt him then...

That said, it's just dumb. Morrison did some silly shit when he was a kid, but I think we can all agree that Nobis ought to have a little more maturity now than Seth did when he stole a car (he was like 16 or 17; Nobis is now 35).

Just dumb, Jer. Dumb.

I like the guy, and I hope he doesn't get it TOTALLY in the ass, but he definitely deserves some severe punishment, particularly if this is his second DUI.
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

AA meetings are in Nobis’ future.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Stop talking about Jeremy's anus being destroyed. Guy deserves a bit more respect than that.

This place is a hotbed of respect.

For God's sake.

ugh, dumb as all hell. As to the cop abuse crap: There are times when cops do use excessive force, but it's pretty common knowledge that if they have to chase you, they're bringin' an ass-whuppin' with 'em. That's just the price you pay.