Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    * I was working for NBC Olympics at the time, and I was spending a day as Ahmad Rashad's personal assistant. Ahmad Rashad is a nice guy.
    I've met you AND I've touched you! I can die a happy man.

(And yes, he is a nice guy.)

I don't know why I mentioned that. Context? Or maybe it's because I'm a giant, giant douche. Yeah, that's probably it.

He totally gave me a sweet golf umbrella. It was totally sweet.

poach it and then base jump it
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Outrageous costs notwithstanding; one of my friends went and did the bridge climb last year and said it was a blast. He said there was lots of vertical exposure (obviously) and that the experience of climbing a bridge was all around cool.

Then again, this person is not as adventurous as most of the people on the board, and hasn't rock climbed or skied big lines or BASE jumped or pretty much left the couch in a few years; I think the climb is geared to people who want to experience something different and vertical, and that have the cash to do it. $500 for climbing a bridge makes $5 for driving across it seem like a bargain.

There's enough other things to do that you'd have to really want to see the harbour for that cost. If you are going to do it, I'd do it around twilight - everything looks nicer then. For slightly less, go to one of the over priced bars with a view of the harbour (like the old ANA).