Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: LASIK

LASIK

Had it yesterday. My vision this morning was 20/20. I got glasses over 25 years ago when I was in second grade. What a great feeling! I should have done this years ago, but always had lingering doubts. Lifestyle finally dictated the move (I'm moving to Hawaii in couple months and can't imagine all the water sports while wearing contacts/glasses).

Other LASIK experiences???
    "Girl, let us freak."

I want to have it done but am terrified. ohh and I also can't afford it

Official slogan:

"LASIK - It works most of the time!"

no thanks

Yeah, I want it too, but I can't afford the $800-1300 PER eye cost. How much did you pay?
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

I used the same surgeon as my optometrist. Freakin' sweet. Oh, and they have financing/payment plans.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUCK
    I want to have it done but am terrified. ohh and I also can't afford it
    My wife is the most timid, pain-fearing person you could imagine. And she said it was a breeze. Her vision has been perfect ever since the surgery.
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by huck4bucks
    Yeah, I want it too, but I can't afford the $800-1300 PER eye cost. How much did you pay?
    $2300 per eye. Same dude who lased Tiger Woods and many other rich and famous. I guess I was willing to pay for the best. Unlike the rest of my life where I am very frugal (old car, several roommates, even got my dog at the pound), I figured my eyes were the one thing worth paying the most for!
    "Girl, let us freak."

"From the taste of it, I'd say the doc had his dick in my mouth"

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nails
    Other LASIK experiences???
    Yesterday. Dropped a buddy off for Lasik then went and test drove a Porsche 911S Carrera 4 and the new Porsche Cayman while I waited for him to undergo the procedure. Told the salesman I was "coming into some dough soon." Got the Carrera up to about 130 ("I'm not going to buy this thing if I can't feel how it performs").

Went back to Martha Jefferson hospital to pick my now-loopy-on-Valium buddy up after the procedure. At his request, I pulled over at a Texaco and went inside to buy him assorted fruit drinks becuase, based on the taste in his mouth, the now-loopy-on-Valium buddy suspected the doctor had inserted his penis in the buddy's mouth while he was under anesthesia.

Loopy buddy told me to "buy something nice" with the $3 change from the Texaco. This morning I went to Bodo's and bought an everything bagel with egg, sausage, cheddar and muenster.

I love lasik.
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

Rusty, were you in Rockville MD for the surgery?

Had it done 3 years ago. No complaints, perfect vision. When all was said and done it cost maybe $2200 total?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Rusty, were you in Rockville MD for the surgery?
    No. Here in C'ville. They schedule the surgeries here every other Tuesday or so.

For what it's worth, I have no idea who this "nugget" character is or what the hell he is talking about... Obviously he's some freakin' JONG that needs to be excommunicated from this board at the earliest opportunity.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Are you still taking the dope, Rusty?
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

Hawaii????? When did that factor into the plan?

Good move on the LASIK stuff...I know that they are risks, but there are plenty of people who are really happy. Haven't quite gotten to the point that I feel the need to pull the trigger though.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

My mom, professor of opthamology, points out that we don't really know what the real long term effects will be -- what happens in your 70s and 80s if you had it in your 20s or 30s?

She suggests that people wait until either:

(a) age 50 or so (on the theory that we know enough to be reasonably sure that it can last 30 years);

(b) retinal deterioration or the like threatens (on the theory that if you're risking blindness anyway, you might as well see better until then); or

(c) all the opthamologists stop wearing glasses (on the theory that they should put their money where their mouth is).
    not counting days 2016-17

Yep. Hawaii. Not bad, eh?
    "Girl, let us freak."

newer motto:

"LASIK - Hardly Anyone Goes Blind!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Are you still taking the dope, Rusty?
    Off the dope and high on life. Bling me on the cellie if you gots a dinner plan, yo.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Off the dope and high on life. Bling me on the cellie if you gots a dinner plan, yo.
    Hollatcha. Can you still taste that dude's dick?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad
    My mom, professor of opthamology, points out that we don't really know what the real long term effects will be -- what happens in your 70s and 80s if you had it in your 20s or 30s?

She suggests that people wait until either:

(a) age 50 or so (on the theory that we know enough to be reasonably sure that it can last 30 years);

(b) retinal deterioration or the like threatens (on the theory that if you're risking blindness anyway, you might as well see better until then); or

(c) all the opthamologists stop wearing glasses (on the theory that they should put their money where their mouth is).
    First, how old is moms? She may not be "cutting edge" in the opthamology world at this point.

Second, wait 'till 50? What's the friggin point? How many old people need LASIK because of their active lifestyle?

Every doc in the clinic I go to had LASIK.

All this said, I still had/have all the concerns you point out. They are why I did not get it done a decade ago. For me, the benefits finally soundly outweighed the risks.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Hollatcha. Can you still taste that dude's dick?
    Cann't talkmmp. I'm choking. Grmummp.
    "Girl, let us freak."

First, how old is moms? She may not be "cutting edge" in the opthamology world at this point.

Second, wait 'till 50? What's the friggin point? How many old people need LASIK because of their active lifestyle?

Every doc in the clinic I go to had LASIK.

All this said, I still had/have all the concerns you point out. They are why I did not get it done a decade ago. For me, the benefits finally soundly outweighed the risks.
    Yeah, but, can you still taste the doc's dick? Seriously, man. That might be an important factor to some maggots who are sitting on the fence about this.

Had it done 5 years ago... I love it.
    We hold daggers in the side of the Moon...

I had both of my eyes done just over a year ago. My vision is now 20/15 and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. It wasn't cheap, mine was $2400/eye, but they did have 12 month, 0% financing so it was easy to pay off. My brother and a friend both went to the same doc after I did and their experience was the same.

You might want to consider a different doctor, because my experience did not include any dick-in-mouth taste at all.....or maybe that was an extra service that I wasn't aware of. I'll have to call and ask.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Yeah, but, can you still taste the doc's dick? Seriously, man. That might be an important factor to some maggots who are sitting on the fence about this.
    And, more importantly, how do you know what a dick tastes like?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    And, more importantly, how do you know what a dick tastes like?

After years of studying tantric yoga on an uncharted island in French Polynesia, I was finally able to do something that provided sufficient impetus for me to not leave my house for over a month... I finally strained my back and am unable to replicate the manuever (in retrospect, it saved my life).
    "Girl, let us freak."