Alpental Pineapple treats..

Sorry no maggot party, just me and MadMatt, a displaced Ontario racer chaser arborist bud/ski model....

Shot a few with the mini digi cam when the clouds rolled in and I ditched the SLR film cam...still searching for a used Canon 1D Mark ll cheapish ($2500) to replace my stolen EOS1N and gear...got one lens, 2 more to go....

We hiked up 261 to the Denny Mt ridge crest twice, once we filmed back down toward Piss Pass, the second time we skiied to Pineapple pass and then down Great Scott Bowl. Only skiied four runs all day, spent a lot of time shooting. Rodeo, Bryce and others were shooting with Chad and Ian.... Had to search in the tighter trees to find much uncut pow. Too bad I missed epic Thursday..and the derailed C2 Friday...but today did not suck!

Some of the awesome vistas from the ridge, looking toward the Tooth first, then Denny Mt and Uper International...what an amazing ridge line Denny Mt is, loaded with cornices, flutes and gnar:

Chair peak shoulder...gotta go ski that face soon!

Me out from behind the lens.....

Fluid replacement?

Note the biner on a sling for this overhanging boulder problem...

headed to XTal to ski and shoot with Wayne "Groovy" manana....
    Last edited by rbtree; 03-12-2006 at 12:48 AM.

ullr907 Guest
    nice stoke NEXT TIME DROP PINEAPPLE TO DENNY CREEK ROAD

alpental rules
    alwayas has
    always will

welcome to the bandwagon

just be glad george gillette and the booth creek mafia didnt get there way to develop the gem any further

you can thank RED FIVE for that
    ALF`Alpental Liberation Front
    ALPENTALICS ANNONOMOUS
    ALL UNITED AT WWW.FREEALPENTAL.ORG TO STOP BOOTH CREEK

WITH THAT DOUCHE BAG JON BARKER OUTTA THE DRIVERS SEAT ,
    JOHN GIBSON BRINGS A HIGH LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM TO ALPY
    AND HE NEVER FORGETS WHEN HE WAS A BRO...SO EXPECT TO SEE BETTER ACCESS TO THE BC

ASK ABOUT THE ALPY AVY DOGS

SKI SHOT TEN BOWL~ITS THE SHIT!!~HEARD IT GOT DUMPED ON LAST NIGHT~PATROL REALLY BOMBED IT THIS MORNING~WATCH FOR CHUNKS AROUND THE RIM OF THE BOWL

Hey, ullr, I know you're in Ak....but do you have any idea who might have been tracking Kevorkian recently? It's had 3 or 4 descents in the last 3 weeks. Maybe Chris Foy? I haven't seen him around since December. Also haven't seen Nick Ley for some time--got some great pics of him shredding Elevator back in December when it was...not open.....

Here's another mighty impressive first descent by Cascade hard man Sky Sjue, down Chair Peak North Face: http://staff.washington.edu/skykilo/...cChair/EC.html

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree
    Hey, ullr, I know you're in Ak....but do you have any idea who might have been tracking Kevorkian recently? It's had 3 or 4 descents in the last 3 weeks. Maybe Chris Foy? I haven't seen him around since December. Also haven't seen Nick Ley for some time--got some great pics of him shredding Elevator back in December when it was...not open.....

Here's another mighty impressive first descent by Cascade hard man Sky Sjue, down Chair Peak North Face: http://staff.washington.edu/skykilo/...cChair/EC.html
    IM NOT IN THAT LOOP BUT I KNOW KEVORKIAN IS GNAR GNAR
    COULD BE A TROLLER
    NOW THAT BARKERS NOT THE LEAD DOG HE MAY BE TRYIN TO STEP UP HIS LINE BAGGING

Quote Originally Posted by UNIBONGER
    COULD BE A TROLLER
    Wow, Unibonger even responds to questions for ullr907. Nice work, alias.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

COULD BE A TROLLER
    Jonboy has done most of the gnar lines up there at some point- he has the steeze but less style. And my is he friendly!

Nice pics Rog. Forget the lines Kervorkians. Sunday there was a track coming down the shute skiers right of shot 8 midway to the old cop shop, past a line affectionately known as DGR. I took a pic but it was in the shade and the line doesn't show up well.

I know of 2-3 people who have done this one- Andy McClean, Donelly (sorry Don, you'll always be the Ratboy, wear it with pride) and possibly JB.

Maggots maybe? Comlete straight line out the bottom and pretty scwheet turns on the spines up high. Looked nasty in the middle where its usually just rock. Props to whoever bagged it- I stare at that F*cker all the time.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

It's like Where's Waldo 'cept this time I'm looking for Keith 'KIR' Rollins.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    Wow, Unibonger even responds to questions for ullr907. Nice work, alias.
    actually i was just remarking about the line KEVORKIAN
    sorry to jack the thread
    there will never be no peace, down here, in a babylon

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo

It's like Where's Waldo 'cept this time I'm looking for Keith 'KIR' Rollins.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Who's been ripping those lines?

Just some run of the mill single plankers.

actually i was just remarking about the line KEVORKIAN
    sorry to jack the thread
    and everyone in Alaska just happens to type in all caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki
    Who's been ripping those lines?

Just some run of the mill single plankers.

Thanks Mang! Dude KILLED IT! Super stokage.

I thought it looked like a boarder track shooting out on the bottom, but the sketch thru the middle looked like ski traverse. No name on that line I know of, but I know Andy McClean did it in ~1989-1990. If it was done before that, I don't know. It just doesn't fill in like that that often.

Eat Shit And Die, me likely.

Wow, thanks for the info, mofro, and stikki for the story link!

I had a huge work week and only got up for the afternoon today at 'tal. Found a surprisingly fair bit of new pow, and skiied the Hummocks a couple times, with some untracked left. Finished off with a hike to Pineapple. Watched two climbers top out on The Tooth, then, at close to 5 pm, skiied down Great Scott , which was almost as good as last week.

Here's ESAD as it appeared today, what a line!

Chair Peak

Ryan G took a few friends down Shot 8 today....one of them, Nate, skiied it 3 times this weekend, first he'd ever done it.
    Last edited by rbtree; 03-20-2006 at 12:17 AM.

thats what I call a knife edge ridge
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

those faces look delicious
    Mom! The meatloaf! FUCK!.

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree
    point release slide much?

Hehe, I was debating whether or not to post those ESAD shots on here. I suppose I should have It was a rad day, and that was a rad line. Guiding Garrett into ESAD was sketchy as all hell, but we got 'er done.

BTW, it wasn't a maggot, but he does have ties to the maggotry... Garrett's big brother skies with Zbo on occasion, or so I hear.
    Last edited by Bawheed; 03-20-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawheed
    Hehe, I was debating whether or not to post those ESAD shots on here. I suppose I should have It was a rad day, and that was a rad line. Guiding Garrett into ESAD was sketchy as all hell, but we got 'er done.

BTW, it wasn't a maggot, but he does have ties to the maggotry... Garrett's big brother skies with Zbo on occasion, or so I hear.

oh schnap. i just hear yesterday about garrett's gnarly lines lately. nice to see the pics. his bro's been telling me for years how much of a nutcase he is.
    nice to see he wasn't lying.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Bump for Gnar Gnar

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post

That stuff was skied long before cheese boy showed up
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
    Ryan G took a few friends down Shot 8 today..
    RIP Ryan G.

Miss ya buddy, wish you were here to see that boy all grown up.

Deb G. as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    RIP Ryan G.

Miss ya buddy, wish you were here to see that boy all grown up.
    I saw him with a pair of poles the other day had to do a double take
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I saw him with a pair of poles the other day had to do a double take
    He rolled pole-less and Billygoated yesterday.