review: fischer kehua and scott santiago mission

just before verb was nuked, I had the opportunity to use them enough to grab my own opinion

me: old (45), light (180 x 75 kg), with a penchant for soft skis (soft BROs, sanouk, B4, launchers...)

place: verb with groomed, icy, crust, crud, and enough pow to understand how these sticks work there

common theme: they can be now considered mid-fats (90-92 in the middle), but have a larger spatula (127 and 130) compared to others in the same field.

Fischer Kehua:
    they are the 177 size of 05-06 fischer, very similar to 186 (atua). I love the maori graph. They stand somewhere in between two skis I have demoed and enjoyed lot, rossi B4 (similarly sweet and easy) and volkl mantras (which similarly blast crud), but mantras are more physical. Kehua are WAY more alive and kickin than vicious, that I felt toooooo sleepy. they're also quite light (1.1 kg / 100 cm) so might be a nice AT setup.

Scott Santiago Mission:
    very similar to kehua in size and feel, just a bit more easy and relaxed... so relaxing I almost forgot to have them when in pow at speed below mach 3. They float really well. Dunno the weight, but they're for sure a bit heavier than kehua. Lot of locals use them in 168 size for 1-2 hour AT in verb, though.

where did you have the kehua's mounted? how'd they hold on the firm stuff?

big mountain (bottom of the fischer scale) ... and they hold very very very well. It was a day like -15°C, with a lot of ice

At first I tested the 169cm Vicious and that felt dead, but got on the 179cm and loved it.It may just be me, but I found the Vicious to be a pretty lively ski. Much more so than the Mantra. So you think the Kehua is a much better ski than the Vicious?

Quote Originally Posted by DePierre
    At first I tested the 169cm Vicious and that felt dead, but got on the 179cm and loved it.It may just be me, but I found the Vicious to be a pretty lively ski. Much more so than the Mantra. So you think the Kehua is a much better ski than the Vicious?
    I think 177 kehua are much better FOR ME than 179 viscous