Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Somebody better have made it up to take some pics....Better yet I don't want to know how good it was. Don't post anything. Thanks.

My sister called me this morning from chair one, 18" of fresh...

I got a call from a friend on the way down while I was working.

lots of first tracks, blah blah blah, face shots, blah blah.

But, no ropes were dropped on anything new, ridge still open from Juarez to 5th. The base is about 55", which should be enough to open just about everything once it's stable. I'll be up on Weds or Thurs, especially if ropes start dropping.

Forecast is sunny 'til the weekend, and then another storm! Maybe it'll be perfect, everything will set up under warm temps all week, they'll open the ridge from wall to wall and then we'll get another big dump.

It's funny to be building a base in march, eh?

Who gives a fuck. I gambled on a cheapie trip the last week they are open, and it looks like I'ma get some goodness.

Enjoy yourselves folks.

Sat:

Precipitation:
    50% chance for showers - snowfall potential; 4 to 7 inches of snowfall accumulation.

Sun:

Precipitation:
    50% chance for showers - snowfall potential; 10 to 15 inches of additional snowfall accumulation.

Mon:

Precipitation:
    40% chance for showers - snowfall potential; 2 to 4 inches of snowfall accumulation

revised donward... a bit.

Sat: 3-5
    Sun: 6-10
    Mon: 2-4

http://www.snowforecast.com/newmexicofcst/taos.html#

Still better than a sharp stick in the eye, yes?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

no beta from me today. dhl still doesn't know where my skis are.

I'll be up thru the weekend. How and when i became a weekend warrior I have no idea. I used to look down at old(er) guys who could only ski on the weekends like they were so lame. Apparantly I'm old and lame now.

Forecast looks like Sun/Mon are going to be the best days. Hopefully we'll get a couple of inches overnight. Good clouds starting to build in sf...but still no precip.

Another round mid week? That sounds good, too.

couldn't make it up today....anyone up there? What did you find?

i didn't make it today and won't be able to tomorrow, but monday looks promising:

/O.NEW.KABQ.WS.A.0004.060320T0000Z- 060321T0000Z/ NORTHWEST MOUNTAINS INCLUDING JEMEZ-SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... CHAMA/LOS ALAMOS... RED RIVER/TAOS/SANTA FE 329 PM MST SAT MAR 18 2006
    ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS.

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE WATCH AREA LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND PERSIST THROUGH MONDAY BEFORE ENDING MONDAY NIGHT. SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE NEAR AND ABOVE 7500 FEET WITH 3 TO 5 INCHES GENERALLY EXPECTED AT THE LOWER ELEVATIONS.

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR A HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER EVENT IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA.

will one of you fucktards take aday off and TR us?

please.

i'll be there on friday. this storm deposited 10" and it looks like there's a new one coming for wednesday. after what we've had this year, 10" is a blessing!

sadly, i'm reading a Jemez Mountains weather almanac that claims 100" average for Pajarito (a smaller ski area south of Taos). it took me a while to figure out that's the average between 1941 and 1989, ending just when the dry spell started.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f
    i'll be there on friday. this storm deposited 10" and it looks like there's a new one coming for wednesday. after what we've had this year, 10" is a blessing!

sadly, i'm reading a Jemez Mountains weather almanac that claims 100" average for Pajarito (a smaller ski area south of Taos). it took me a while to figure out that's the average between 1941 and 1989, ending just when the dry spell started.
    Good man. Nobody ever died saying they skied too much.

Flying out in the morning.

Looks like snow on Wed all day then sun rest 0 the week.

slush. #8 is done for the season. ski kachinha if you aren't doing the ridge -- it holds up the best throughout the day

have fun! i'll be there on friday/saturday.

oopsie, here comes another one! you may be in luck:

/O.NEW.KABQ.WW.Y.0011.060330T0500Z- 060330T1900Z/ NORTHWEST MOUNTAINS INCLUDING JEMEZ-SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... CHAMA/LOS ALAMOS... RED RIVER/TAOS/SANTA FE 411 AM MST WED MAR 29 2006
    ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM MST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM MST THURSDAY FOR THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS OF NEW MEXICO.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ABOVE 7500 FEET LATE WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS OF NEW MEXICO. LOCATIONS BELOW 7500 FEET CAN EXPECT ONE TO THREE INCHES. RAIN WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW THIS EVENING WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND SUNRISE. THE CITY SANTA FE CAN EXPECT LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS AROUND ONE INCH NEAR THE FOOTHILLS.

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE ALERT TO CHANGING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND TAKE PRECAUTIONS IF TRAVEL IS NECESSARY.

figures...

PT PMed me:

"We will have snow... God likes me."

the weather warning has been lifted -- the system doesn't have enough strength to push all the way here and instead will hover around AZ...

i jinx'd it

HaHAHhHaaaa!

Just got home. Taos was great. We got about 7 inches on Thus and then about8 inches Sat threu this am.

what a fuckin hoot.

PT,

Glad SOMEONE got some!!! I ended up doing Jay Peak in Vt weekend before last - sketcy, crusty, icy, and, in places, DIRTy... but all in all a great weekend of late seaon EC Skiing.

Any pix of the goods or was ya too buzy rippin' 'n drinkin'?

i got my [replacement ticket, they didn't see the pass] marked on friday... patrol saw me poachin'

OK, TR:

Not alot of the ultra steepies were open, but I got some Hunzicker's and some other random short funnies. Al's was hit n miss. Did alot of tuckn N truckin :gomer:

Big props to the boys Kevin, Arnie and Rick at the St. B's for getting us ghetto drunk every night by 5pm.

We ran into these 2 hicks from Texas who were all up in themselves about guns and shit. Story: this young drunk fucker was hitting on my wife at the Martini Tree late Saturday, and Big Boy Bryce told me in Texas that if somebody did that to his wife he would shoot him and that would be that. Realize that this drunk kid was about 6 levels more buzzed than any of us and could hardly stand up. Add in the fact that my wife has been sentencing major felons to prison for about 5 years now, and its laughable. He was truly puzzled as to why I was laughing and not going for my gun.

So - I esplained to him: If you shoot somebody and hurt them or kill them, you are 99% likely going to jail. Or prison. For a LONG time. I had the "authorities on the subject" explain to him that fact. Still wasn't converted to "Rational thought".

He said, "Well what in fuck would you do you damn Yankee?"

"I would beat the shit out of him only if there was a real problem, other than with my own ego". "then I would explain that to the Judge and she would prolly go home and fuck my brains out".

He left in complete befuddlement.

:woot:!

UM, OK, don't know how to follow that up....

mini TR.....
    Skied Sunday, closing day. pretty sweet actually.

First run we hiked up and traversed out to a shot near high somewhere, a few inches in there, and really soft.

Second run in Blitz and Blitz Trees was really hit or miss.

Third run was out to Huntzy, did a few quick laps there, was OK first run, second run there were a million people over there.

Fourth run was over to Wonder Bowl, sick sick in the trees still, then the face was still nice, starting to get a little heavy, but thats why I wear the goats....lol.

Then I about knocked myself out, so I went in and ate lunch, took one last run then it was off pond skimming, that is actually kinda fun.

The Last to Know played at crossroads, which was a really great show. Hope the snow is better down there next year.