Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The robots have successful transformed to human with the ability to deceive each other. Let their downward spiral begin.

Chief really fucked up this time. Amber alert out on a stolen hybrid child. Starbuck is taking acid and seeing her dad. It was almost incest. And the ship is fracking falling apart.. Things are well in the galaxy.

Do you think it's kinda funny the people are fighting over food, there is only 1/2 a tube of tooth paste left to humanity, but there is an unending supply of booze?

tonight starts the last three episodes...

Season 4, Episode 18: Island in a Stream of Stars

Season 4, Episode 19: Daybreak: Part 1

Season 4, Episode 20: Daybreak: Part 2

The End
    Last edited by Labcabin; 03-08-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Can't believe Adama gets high.

i had never watched this show until i hurt myself, i watched every episode in less then a month.

i cant believe that after so many years in space, they still have herb

I have a beef with the editors of last nights episode. "Island in a Stream of Stars". Once Starbuck is outed as an "angel" it goes to commercial and comes back with a very quick scene between Apollo and Starbuck at the memory wall. Apollo gives Starbuck support and they walk away from each other. That scene, like many, seemed way too quick and a shoved into the script. It seemed rushed. It seems as if they are rushing a lot of the story now, to wrap up the series. I would like to see a good conclusion to this series, and not some quick under scripted wrap up. There are two episodes left. Is that enough time?

And where was Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Lost, that deep in space, loved one dying, ship dying, pending doom, surrounded by robots? Fuckin A

Holy Frackin Tetrahydracannabinol!

His old lady the president had a blunt stashed.
    Wonder what galaxy they scored in?

I wish they'd play the Pointer Sisters when they jumped.

Weed is strictly medicinal in outerspace.
    Laura needs it for the chemo. Adama is simply being supportive.

Not sure if any Portland people are reading this thread.....but....

Katee Sackhoff will be at the Badgad theater tonight for the live screening of the second to last episode ever. I guess a Q&A afterward. My gf is all gun hoe about going, so I will probably be there. That or night sking....can't go wrong either way.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Not sure if any Portland people are reading this thread.....but....

Katee Sackhoff will be at the Badgad theater tonight for the live screening of the second to last episode ever. I guess a Q&A afterward. My gf is all gun hoe about going, so I will probably be there. That or night sking....can't go wrong either way.
    Can you get her phone number for me? Or at least some nude photos of HER, with her gun? I've searched but she has none online.

A U.N. Resolution: 'Galactica' Really Rocks
    Bash at World Body Lauds Sci-Fi Show

By Keith B. Richburg
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, March 19, 2009

UNITED NATIONS -- How do you bid farewell to a critically acclaimed but little-watched television science-fiction series that has won a Peabody Award and several Emmys?

If that show is "Battlestar Galactica," and its lofty episodes tackle themes no less weighty than moral justice, equal opportunity and the fate of humankind itself, then nothing would do short of a full-on retrospective at no less than the United Nations, which is, after all, dedicated to moral justice, equal opportunity and the fate of humankind.

Other, far more popular television series have gone out with a bang after far-longer runs -- think "M*A*S*H," "Seinfeld" or "The Sopranos." But none has managed "Battlestar's" coup, a packed chamber Tuesday night at the U.N. headquarters in Manhattan. There, top diplomats sat next to the actors and producers from the Sci Fi network's "Battlestar," debating everything from the use of child soldiers in wartime to whether water-boarding could ever be permissible, on humans or on the robotic creatures the show calls Cylons.

Oh, yes, and add in Whoopi Goldberg, a self-professed "Battlestar" fan, as moderator.

"The writers write incredible shows," boasted Edward James Olmos, who plays the crusty old admiral, William Adama -- and who had a little trouble disassociating himself from his character. He frequently used "I" when speaking about his character. Noting that the series had already won a Peabody Award in recognition of its excellence, Olmos gleefully added: "Now with this? We're blowing them away!"

It hardly seemed to matter that two of the top U.N. officials who spoke on the four panels admitted that they had never really watched the show.

Radhika Coomaraswamy, the special representative of the secretary general for children and armed conflict, said she was a fan of Goldberg's movies from back home in Sri Lanka, but she had to spend the weekend watching videos of past "Battlestar" episodes to prepare for the event.

Famatta Rose Osode, deputy head of Liberia's mission to the U.N., who spoke on the theme of reconciliation, conceded she didn't know she was supposed to speak before last Friday and "I didn't see the show."

"You had no idea what you were getting into," Olmos reassured Osode later. "The last thing you have time to talk about here is a television show."

Of course, Osode would not be alone. Despite the critical acclaim and considerable buzz among its intensely loyal fans, "Battlestar," since its most recent incarnation in 2004 as a dark, space-based drama series has catered to a relatively small audience: 1.7 million people tuned in for the first part of the "Battlestar" finale (with the second part scheduled for tomorrow).

A particular demographic -- young men -- was very well represented in the audience at the U.N. Economic and Social Council chambers Tuesday night, which with an impressive light show and some well-placed placards came to resemble an assembly of the 12 Colonies, as they were portrayed at the beginning of the series.

For those who haven't seen the show, tens of thousands of human survivors have escaped annihilation at the hands of the man-made Cylons and taken refuge aboard a rag-tag group of ships, centered on the aging warship Galactica. As they search for the mythical 13th colony, called Earth, they are led by the admiral and, on the civilian side, by President Laura Roslin, played by Mary McDonnell, who was also on hand at the U.N.

The invitation-only audience included 100 students from New York-area high schools, who seemed well-versed on all of "Battlestar's" plot intricacies, asking detailed questions such as whether "airlocking" -- shooting someone out of the air lock into space -- constitutes a human-rights abuse.

Olmos, who seemed to stay in character most of the night, spoke directly to the students in the audience early on when he declared, "It's unbelievable we're all doing this, in this manner," and then launched into a speech about how race was an outdated concept, that the only race was "the human race."

"So say we all!" Olmos cried out into the microphone.

"So say we all!" his loyal young fans cried back in unison, repeating the ritual several times.

After the unusual outburst, Goldberg tried to reestablish diplomatic decorum by quipping, "I love that you did it here at the United Nations."

At times, the forum seemed to be directly addressing the policies of Bush administration in the war on terror, and it was sometimes difficult to tell whether the speakers were referring to al-Qaeda detainees at Guantanamo or captured Cylons in space. In one scene from the series played over the TV monitors, a Cylon's head was dunked into a bucket of water as a form of torture -- but of course, not being totally human, a Cylon cannot die. Only his consciousness is transferred.

"Suddenly we are presented with this false dichotomy of security versus human rights," said Craig Mokhiber, deputy director of the New York office of the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights. "That slippery slope shows up so much in the show, and so much in real life."

In a case of life imitating art, Mokhiber went on to declare: "We are all Cylons. And every one of us is a Colonial."

The unusual event was presented by the Sci Fi channel and the U.N. public affairs office, as part of the world body's new "creative community outreach" initiative.

For the cast, creators and producers, it was a chance to show that this show could reach beyond its niche market of sci-fi buffs and geeks, to impart its themes of reconciliation and justice to the entire planet -- something not even Seinfeld or Tony Soprano aspired to.

"This is an extraordinary opportunity for artists to be able to connect themselves to the world," McDonnell said.

I hope tonight's episode lives up to the hype.

Or will it be a non-resolution and method to setup the new spin off "Caprica"?

Caprica takes place before the Cylon attack, so I'd say "frak no."

That was a most satisfying ending.

So Starbuck (Kara) just vanishes? Still kinda trying to figure that part out. She was really and angel? I see a two hour reunion movie in a year. Chief back from the mountains of the north. Lee finds dads cabin in the hills. Maybe not, but I find it kinda weird nobody wants to hang together once they found earth. Not even dad and son? It was a pretty good ending I guess. Some parts could have been a bit better. Still Lee ends up alone and Adama just runs away? I guess it works.

Thank You.

So say we all.

Holy. Fraking. Shit. I agree that a few of the final details were a bit weird (like Adama just sort of running away when he could finally spend sometime with Lee)....but overall, so sick.

The part where Cavil just says fuck it was so good.

Watched it in the packed Bagdad theater, too, so the nerd energy was in full force.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Overall good. Not as "epic" feeling as I had hoped but it was good nonetheless with some very poignant/memorable scenes.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Thank You.

So say we all.
    So say we all.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    So say we all.
    SO SAY WE ALL!!!

For the trifecta

I just got around to watching the end last night-

fyi. there is going to be another BSG movie this fall (The Plan) and the producers are asking to not call the show officially over until then.
    http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=1068221

That being said, I thought the ending was pretty good, but there were some serious loose ends.

Everyone bailed on each other? wtf?
    Starbuck is a pidgin? wtf?
    Aren't there still a shitload of cylons out there? The colony may be gone, but the ones that were chasing them for 4 years are still out there...

I was really sad when the Roslyn died, I was secretly hoping earth would cure her.

I was stoked when the chief strangled that chick, she pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    SO SAY WE ALL!!!
    So say we all.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCast View Post
    I just got around to watching the end last night-

fyi. there is going to be another BSG movie this fall (The Plan) and the producers are asking to not call the show officially over until then.
    http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=1068221

So say we all.
    good to hear because that really did seem incomplete.

I liked it.

As for the cylons that were still chasing the fleet, I was under the impression that they had retreated back to the Colony and when Racetrack nuked it, the colony and the cylons on board got sucked into the black hole.
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.