Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    good to hear because that really did seem incomplete.
    Heh, I'm not sure if there will be any startling revelations as it's going to be the same story from the cylons perspective I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripe40 View Post
    I liked it.

As for the cylons that were still chasing the fleet, I was under the impression that they had retreated back to the Colony and when Racetrack nuked it, the colony and the cylons on board got sucked into the black hole.
    I must have grossly miscalculated the number of cylons. I got the impression there was a shitload out there and that colony was some weird cylon station of many stations.

I didn't realize that was racetrack who blew the ship. That makes the ending that much sadder.

I thought Kara might have died on the real earth and never officially came back. She was just a vision (akin the the 6 & Baltar), but then how could she pilot a Raptor or actually do stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCast View Post

I thought Kara might have died on the real earth and never officially came back. She was just a vision (akin the the 6 & Baltar), but then how could she pilot a Raptor or actually do stuff?
    She did die on earth.

She came back as an angel who disappeared once she had completed the mission she went sent to accomplish by the gods (this is at least what I took from it)........
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I just found this pretty cool site. It had more insite to the whole series plus some other good sci-fi.

http://io9.com/tag/battlestar-galactica/

Obama Depressed, Distant Since 'Battlestar Galactica' Series Finale

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...urce=a-section

onion alert...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Still the best show on TV.
    Just catching up now with the final season on DVD.

I'm sorry ... but who wrote ep2? A 5 year old?

All the characters are totally out of whack. Since when does Adama care about the political issues in the colony? If Baltar questions God he struggles with it internally with 6, not yelling at a crowd in his lair. Gata has always been a bitch but he's always internalized it, and now he's talking back to the Admiral??? He would never get so out of line, no matter how bad shit gets. None of the people who have befriended/loved the final 4 are struggling with their past relationship and just turn instantly to anger and hate? Come on!

The writing doesn't even compare to earlier seasons. I actually had to stop the DVD it was so frustrating. I hope the rest of the season isn't written with such terrible dialogue.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

1/2 were one episode: "Razor." Pick the one you're talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...sodes#Season_4

It's TV - don't over-think it.

Ep 2 of "Season 4.5", which was actually Episode 14.

Not that I'm trying to overthink it, but it's just pretty harsh when every character acts completely out of line.

I'm sure the intention was because, oh everything we have been chasing for 4 years is a farce, has gotten everyone in completely dissociative moods. I get that intention. But when Adama is making snide comments on the deck like some smarmy college student "some days I hate this job" as the scene wipes to commercial after their entire fuel source disappeared? It was just pretty weak screenwriting, trying to make the show more catchy or edgy or dramatic for drama's sake or whatever ... it just felt completely discontinuous with the style of the writing from the first 12 episodes of the season.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Holy shit...just got into this...pretty intense. Watched 10 hours today thanks to the flu.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

^^^^^^^^
    Me too (sans flu). Watched the entire first season over the course of the last week. All Hail Netflix Insta-Watch!

Such a great series. You guys will NOT be disappointed with it. Kinda makes me want to re-watch...

hot, naked, robot chicks. what more could you ask for?

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    hot, naked, robot chicks. what more could you ask for?

A better ending.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    A better ending.
    Agreed. Just finished it and felt let down - rushed, in a way.

Overall, one of my favorite series in a long time, however.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Just finished the series.

The writers have one of the most negative outlooks on human nature with a huge dose of luddism thrown in for good measure. Don't get me wrong. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the series. The endings... so Starbuck was an angel? Baltar and Caprica 6 are not schizophrenic delusions, but neo-greco-roman humanized gods watching society for hundreds of thousands of years and manipulating only when they feel like having a good laugh at suffering?

Nobody should have survived. Nobody. The self-destructive nature of sentients was so overpowering in the plot that everyone should have died. Nothing ever got better. Everyone lied, murdered, betrayed, coveted, stole, manipulated, lusted, brutalized, and oppressed everyone else at nearly every opportunity. God-Baltar and God-Caprica 6 did their best to ruin the lives of all mortals; only the 1s directly caused more horror. Only through some twisted "luck" did anyone make it through a situation. That twisted luck is more akin to a cat giving its wounded prey a short reprieve before resuming play.

Battlestar Galactica was many things, but at no point was it ever uplifting. I'm going to go rewatch Babylon 5 to make me feel better about being a sentient hunk of flesh with a conscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Everyone lied, murdered, betrayed, coveted, stole, manipulated, lusted, brutalized, and oppressed everyone else at nearly every opportunity.
    The show did seem like a soap opera in a sci-fi wrapper.

An new prequel movie/series, called Blood & Chrome, will be on TV/Internets next month.

^Thought that pilot was rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    The show did seem like a soap opera in a sci-fi wrapper.
    Most definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.