Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Magic Hat Heart of Darkness stout. Mmmmm.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Have you tried Arrogant Bastard Ale before?

It's not bad.

Trader Joe's Hefeweizen...tastes like bananas and bubble gum. Those two flavors are actually listed on the back as the taste they were shooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by train07
    and what do the stooges say?
    "How 'bout a beer? I'd love one. 'Woo-woo-woo-woo.'"

Definitely love beer so much. Not at all a hard booze guy, at least not yet(still haven't tried really good scotch or bourbon though). Beer just tastes some damn good, whether its a stout or winter ale during ski season or a light lager or pilsner after a round of golf, its amazing. Hooray beer!!!
    Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you.

you know, i love micros as much as the next Mag, but sometimes an ice cold cheap domestic really hits the spot - like right now, i am drinking a Miller High Life (not that Genuine Draft BS), the old school "Champangne of Beers", and it tastes GOOD

I love beer at all times. That is all.
    Follow me on Instagram

brett.mcnary

Thumbs up Mmm Beer

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster
    "How 'bout a beer? I'd love one. 'Woo-woo-woo-woo.'"
    Hooray beer!!!
    Beer is good, beer is great. I drink beer every day! (i am aware that doesn't exactly rhyme)

A couple of amazing VT/New England microbrews:

-Harpoon UFO (Hefeweizen- with a lemon)
    -Long Trail- pretty much any one is awesome
    -Magic Hat- partial to #9 & Fat Angel

If you ever get the chance..give 'em a try!

Otter Creek sucks! (just my opinion)

‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

I had beer last night to go with my Mexican takeout. Some Avery IPA and a 22oz of some other IPA. I don't remember the name of the last one, so it must have been good.
    ˇÓrale, vato!

Quote Originally Posted by train07
    so how many of you were given the Homer Simpson bottle opener for Christmas?
    I got one of those in 2004.

I also like UBU Ale. It's great that other people know about it. One problem though, when you drink an entire growler of it, your stomach is pretty funky the next day.
    Along similar lines, Long Trail Double Bag can be pretty tasty too.
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

Anyone who is familiar with Davidson Brothers Brewing in Glens Falls should make a point of trying their Scotch Ale. 8.0% abv, and definitely tastes like scotch, also, its tapped using nitrogen instead of CO2, so it has a much finer, smoother carbonation than normal beers. Actually better at 50-60 degrees than straight out of a the fridge, but a growler of that sure hit the spot last Friday night.

Weyerbacher Brewing out of Easton, PA puts out some great beers, and their Autumnfest is no different, just a classic brown/amber ale with great flavor. It's kinda pricey ($8-10 a sixer) but damn tasty.

Now that fall is here it's time to move away from the macrobrews and wheat beers (Bell's Brewery's "Oberon" was one of the best I've had) and back toward the strong ales and stouts. Picked up 3 sixers of Ubu for the first time since the winter last weekend in Plattsburgh, which neatly coincides with my first 3 day weekend of the year this weekend. 1 down, 2 to go, and the Michigan v. Michigan State game on this afternoon, it's gonna be a good weekend.

Grain Belt Premium is my beer.
    If you don't like it, you're probably...a square.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

GM, when weighing your college choices you must look at study abroad prgrams. A pint or 2 of heavy and you will understand Scothc ale doesnt taste like scotch it tastes like Tartan Special, or at least it should.

When are you back in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Have you tried Arrogant Bastard Ale before?

It's not bad.

It's not Bad!!!!! That Beer is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!! Although, you must also try tStone's Ruination IPA, like the name says once you have it you are forever from enjoying lesser quality beers. It is very bitter like Arogant Bastard .
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Anything from Rogue is amazing like the American Amber, Shakespear Stout, Hazelnut Brown, Mocha Porter to name a few. If you are in the Northeast gotta have Magic Hat, their Blind Faith IPA is amazing.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

speaking of beer. New England mags should check out the maine brewers festival on Nov. 4. Fantastic time, as much beer as you can drink, bands, and thousands of beerlovers enjoying fine ales. Way better than any of the boston ones I went to. http://www.mainebrew.com

Nothing like an ice cold beer on a cold Christmas morning. I'd have to say that my favorite beer remains Guinness, but I love all flavors, dark and heavy in the cold months, light and lagery in the warm months. The dam brewery in dillon and southern sun in boulder are my two favorite brew pubs. Brew pubs, what a concept, I would marry one if I could.

Somebody say Ubu? That's gooood shit.

Davidson Brother's IPA also happens to kick ass. Stay away from the bottles though - go get a growler from the source. That place pretty much single-handedly pulled Downtown Glens Falls out of a 20 year depression.
    Last edited by Dside11-11; 10-07-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

I'm a big fan of the Long Trail brews. Used to always hit up the brewery on the way up to northern VT in college.

Allegash brewing company makes some excellent beers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    GM, when weighing your college choices you must look at study abroad prgrams. A pint or 2 of heavy and you will understand Scothc ale doesnt taste like scotch it tastes like Tartan Special, or at least it should.

When are you back in the city?
    Yeah, my experience with scotch is limited to swigging it straight out of a bottle when I was already piss drunk, so that might have something to do with the inaccuracy of my description.

As for when I'll be back in the city, I might be back in 2 weeks, depending on what I have goin on, so we'll see. I miss it though, so many fond (and somewhat foggy) memories of NYC this summer. Ahhh, good times.

nice sig,
    talk soon.
    serious about looking into study abroad programs....
    and dont forget why the redneck put a quarter in his condom.....
    so he could call before he came.

now back on topic, which of the many fine beers shall i have to watch the football game->baseball afternoon as I leave the office
    perhaps a Hacker pschor or Harpoon Octoberfest on tap on my way home.....

Full Sail Brewery in Hood River Or. makes some seriously high quality brews. Their pale and amber ales are definitely my faves.

http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/default.cfm

Pyramid Brewery's Snowcap seasonal ale also kicks ass. Enjoyed a bottle of the first brewing last night. At almost 7%, trying to drink a sixer of that stuff ensures drunken stupor, at least for a lightweight like me.

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/home.php

Another fave is Alaskan Brewing's Amber ale. Very tasty.

http://www.alaskanbeer.com/

Deschutes Brewery also makes some kick-ass brews, from their Mirror Pond Pale to the Obsidian stout.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/Info/About/default.aspx

Mmmmmmm, beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

This thread is.........Brilliant!

Bumping because Bell's Oberon was released for this summer on Monday. Just picked up my first case about an hour ago. Spring has officially sprung 'round these parts.
    "The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists."

I don't get why people are so into beer.

Oh, I remember....... check my signature.

PBR fucken rules. I do like an IPA now and then.