Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Cheap Access to the backcountry.

I'd been trying to come up with a way to get out the gates by Gad II and hit some that Tiger Tail goodness, but you have to check in with patrol and they want you to have an avalanche bacon. I couldn't afford one, but after a little research I found way around it. All you need are some old backpack straps (an easy find at DI) then go to a home center (like Lowes or Home Depot) and buy one of those studfinders with the little lights if you push a button on the side and the clip for going on a belt. They're only like 10 bucks. Then you clip it onto the old packback straps and wear it under your coat. When someone asks if you have a beacon open your coat just enough for them to see something in there. It works everytime. I'll try to post some pics in the next couple of days to show the process, but it's really easy. It actually looks pretty real.

Please tell me you're kidding. PLEASE.

That has to be the facking dumbest thing I have ever heard on the TGR forum
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

nice troll

Yeah why would those dumb patrollers want you to have a beacon anyways. You showed them!

Quote Originally Posted by elguapo435
    avalanche bacon.
    Mmmmm. Avalanche of Bacon.

I'd been trying to come up with a way to get out the gates by Gad II and hit some that Tiger Tail goodness, but you have to check in with patrol and they want you to have an avalanche bacon. I couldn't afford one, but after a little research I found way around it. All you need are some old backpack straps (an easy find at DI) then go to a home center (like Lowes or Home Depot) and buy one of those studfinders with the little lights if you push a button on the side and the clip for going on a belt. They're only like 10 bucks. Then you clip it onto the old packback straps and wear it under your coat. When someone asks if you have a beacon open your coat just enough for them to see something in there. It works everytime. I'll try to post some pics in the next couple of days to show the process, but it's really easy. It actually looks pretty real.
    Thank you for making me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    nice troll
    Not much better than his first one
    Elvis has left the building

Stay the hell away from me at all times, asspony.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

comedy.
    Old's Cool.

Baw Haw!!! - way to "beat the system"

yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_B
    asspony.
    Well he did say he was carrying around a "stud finder."

This is really funny.
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Oh

my

God.

Yep, I bet every dumb troller (or partner) would check for beacons by looking under your coat, rather than use his beacon on receive / test mode.

Now we know why there has been over 400 Elguapos. RIP #435
    "dad, do Unicorns poop."

Quote Originally Posted by Cirquerider
    Yep, I bet every dumb troller (or partner) would check for beacons by looking under your coat, rather than use his beacon on receive / test mode.
    So you are saying that if I lost my previous piece of avalanche bacon I could find it if I had another avalanche bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase
    So you are saying that if I lost my previous piece of avalanche bacon I could find it if I had another avalanche bacon?
    Avalanche dogs are really good at smelling out avalanche bacon. They don't need to see it either! Most people carry avalanche bacon near their crotch. You can tell, cause thats where the dogs sniff. If you're not going to carry an avy beacon, definitely carry the bacon.
    Last edited by Cirquerider; 02-17-2006 at 01:34 PM.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    nice troll
    Not really

0/10

Proof that Darwin walks among us still. Godspeed.

I know of at least one Snowbird Patroller that checks these boards. Way to fuck it up for yourself, they'll probably be checking everyone closer now. If this is for real...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_B
    Stay the hell away from me at all times, asspony.
    Since you're in detroit I don't think that will be a problem. I'm sure you have a lot of wet slides of corn filled poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirquerider
    When there's a room full of people with beacons they actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    I know of at least one Snowbird Patroller that checks these boards. Way to fuck it up for yourself, they'll probably be checking everyone closer now. If this is for real...
    Whatever. I know of at least one Santa who posts on this board and your toys ain't coming next year.

Wow, I hope this is a joke.

I can't believe someone would really be this stupid. I mean seriously stupid.