Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CTV online has been killing it. Able to watch the live camera feed for more events with no bs commentators. You get to hear the audio feed from the on course cameras and the camera guys standing around the top of the course. No commercials, I like that for background while at work.

I love watching every single figure skating pair and then getting 5 DH runs. It's totally rad.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Olympics coverage has sucked--summer and winter--for as long as I can remember, which is a long time, and it will suck long after everyone reading this is dead. The olympics are the original reality show--most people watching only care about the "human interest" stories, not the sports. Give up and go skiing.

Any other links for live feeds? I'm in Japan. the one splat posted worked great yesterday, but no-go today.

NBC just said shawn white invented and named the "double cork"
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    NBC just said shawn white invented and named the "double cork"
    Thats pure nonsense, im allmost postive JP Walker landed the first double cork on a jump and then Danny Davis followed it up in the pipe like a year after. NBC BLOWS.
    215 to carry and the tour stars laying up

lindsey jacobellis sucks
    Last edited by tricameron; 02-16-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: and by sucks i mean will never win gold.

More or less than NBC?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    Tahoe/ Sac mags--- STREAK ALERT-
    Watch the 11:00 pm news on KCRA live from Squaw Creek. I am the getaway driver for a female streaker. Should be good.

quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    CTV online has been killing it. Able to watch the live camera feed for more events with no bs commentators. You get to hear the audio feed from the on course cameras and the camera guys standing around the top of the course. No commercials, I like that for background while at work.
    this has been great (showing my classes all day long!)
    "Dad, I can huck that"

I can't watch CTV in Guam, and I can't watch the stupid NBC full online coverage of the DH because it's "premium" and I don't have a home internet connection login and password and all that crap.

What a bunch of shit.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Started another thread on this:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8026685&ref=nf

Facebook: Why does NBC hate ski racing?
    It isn't easy to keep a postcount in single digits.

NBC has a forum with an Olympics discussion section. Apparently people had voiced their displeasure after the DH and all posts were deleted that night. It looks like they are leaving people alone now.

I'm down for a bum rush. pm and email all your friends and neighbors.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showforum=390
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tricameron View Post
    lindsey jacobellis sucks
    ...my balls.

Fuck me. NBC locked the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    Fuck me. NBC locked the forum.
    It worked for me, made a new topic
    It isn't easy to keep a postcount in single digits.

Cool, I'll try again. In the meantime I found an email addy and wrote my displeasure:

nbcolympicsfeedback@nbcuni.com

NBC Just Doesn't Get It

Ron Judd of the Seattle Times did a column today discussing NBCs Olympic coverage. It's pretty clear they could care less about the viewers:
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...34_judd17.html

The best Olympic coverage ever, was the HD version of the 2002 Salt Lake games. At that time, HD was just a novelty and not mainstream. NBC would broadcast an entire event, like the 1000m speed skating, from start to finish, uninterrupted w/o any mouthpiece blabbing away or any commercials. It was as if you were sitting right in the arena. They did this with hockey as well. It was amazing.

As much as we're bitching about the skiing.... I guess it got a 14 rating last night, at least that's what Colin Cowherd was talking about.... Oh, and I guess it was against Lost and American Idol. As much as I want to see the skiing covered more, I understand that the people (like my future sister-in-law in Kentucky) want to watch the pieces on the athletes so they feel connected to the story. It's about trying to get our niches to appeal to the mainstream.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

like most things....the TGR crowd isn't the target audience. I do think they could have an online option and charge money for those that want to watch. However like most things, money is the main reason and they obviously have something that shows that showing it live or offering an option online would not be worth it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I love watching every single figure skating pair and then getting 5 DH runs. It's totally rad.

but thats where you're wrong you're NOT seeing every figure skating pair. You're seeing about 1/4 of whats actually happening in the figure skating competition. You're not seeing every program and whats even more infuriating is that NBC is cutting away from a skaters scores and results to show whats happening backstage or do a human interest piece on a skater highlighting some stupid fact about which 90% of the people who actually WATCH figure skating ALREADY KNEW!!! OMG there's two American Pairs skaters on separate pairs teams who are dating each other and they're skating on Valentines day......and NOBODY in the skating community gives a rats ass because we knew that almost 2 months ago!!!!

Honestly from the 60 to 70 minutes of skating thats being shown, you're seeing about the same amount of meaningful figure skating competition as 5 downhill runs are to the entire downhill race. Its just that a figure skating program is 4 minutes long vs a 2 minute long downhill run.

The coverage of EVERY Olympic sport by NBC completely SUCKS BALLS. I can't wait till they cut away from the US/Canada hockey game to show a documentary on how Totem poles are carved............
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    but thats where you're wrong you're NOT seeing every figure skating pair.
    Exactly. And how many people in this thread mentioned "ice dancers?" That was pairs Monday night, not ice dancing.

And it always seems like a lame argument to say "they should be showing MY sport, not some other sport I don't care about." The point is NBC has the ability to show good coverage of all the sports. I agree that the figure skating coverage has been better than skiing (albeit still not outstanding), but saying they should reduce skating and show more skiing isn't the answer. What they need to do is show more actual competition, regardless of the sport, and show it live to all time zones!!

i think NBC has blocked all CTV internet feeds, so i can't watch anything live
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion