Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    I was 7 months pregnant with Andrew and skiing De's Dive, a black diamond at Afton Alps. It's a bit of a challenge finding skiwear later in your term. Fortunately, Nub's mother was a large woman and I was able to borrow a jacket and some pants. Your hands and feet begin to swell and gloves and boots can be a challenge to get on as well. With the additional weight gain you need to consider your binding settings. I never pre-released with Andrew, but that could be a concern?

Speaking of. Being passionate skiers as well as passionate people, whenever Nubs would bust a nut a bit too early during lovemaking, he'd joke that his DIN setting must have been too low.
    I can't let this slide without a clap.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjong View Post
    I have a related question. How late in pregnancies have you/your wives/friends skied?
    my wife did National Avalanche School fiend session at 5 months, patrolled up to about 7 months
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mammoth local and big mountain legend Steve Klassen out riding with his daughter Kinsley. To all the helicopter parents out there that have a problem with it, Steve has clearly stated that he does NGAF.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    I was 7 months pregnant with Andrew and skiing De's Dive, a black diamond at Afton Alps. It's a bit of a challenge finding skiwear later in your term. Fortunately, Nub's mother was a large woman and I was able to borrow a jacket and some pants. Your hands and feet begin to swell and gloves and boots can be a challenge to get on as well. With the additional weight gain you need to consider your binding settings. I never pre-released with Andrew, but that could be a concern?

Speaking of. Being passionate skiers as well as passionate people, whenever Nubs would bust a nut a bit too early during lovemaking, he'd joke that his DIN setting must have been too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can't let this slide without a clap.
    This, BWAH!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    my wife did National Avalanche School fiend session at 5 months, patrolled up to about 7 months
    Ski trip to Georgia in month 5. She found groomers a lot scarier than touring and freeride because of morons. After that the season was meh and about one day at month 6ish.

She climbed until month 8.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by HighWest View Post
    1. I’m bringing this MFer back from the dead!

2. I’m not gay yet...

3. The kid has arrived and I’d like to ski with him in a pack later this year on mellow runs when the sun’s out.

Does anyone have any experience with a good backpack for hiking and skiing?

Does anyone have any experience with helmets for <1 year olds?

If you are of the opinion that skiing with your kid in a backpack is a bad idea, PLEASE quietly move onto another topic. I’m honestly just looking for advise from people with experience doing what I’m interested in doing. Thanks!
    I found the Giro Launch size XS for kids fit my 1yr great and it's super light, plus it has MIPS! He does have a large noggin, but I'm sure you could easily make it work. I found a helmet goggle combo on Sierra Trading post for $45, but that deal looks to be gone now. He is strong but for extra safety I'm also planning on supporting his head a little extra by using a towel to create a helmet collar like you would see race car drivers use.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Mammoth local and big mountain legend Steve Klassen out riding with his daughter Kinsley. To all the helicopter parents out there that have a problem with it, Steve has clearly stated that he does NGAF.
    This makes my heart happy

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    To all the helicopter parents out there that have a problem with it, Steve has clearly stated that he does NGAF.
    One thing I've learned very quickly having the first kid this year, and after scanning this and already seeing judgmental comments.

I don't GAF what anyone else thinks, and I'm not going to tell anyone else what they should do with their kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    One thing I've learned very quickly having the first kid this year, and after scanning this and already seeing judgmental comments.

I don't GAF what anyone else thinks, and I'm not going to tell anyone else what they should do with their kid.

Amen bro! The last part of your statement may be the most intelligent thing written in this entire thread. I have this sneaking suspicion that the same parents that become borderline hysterical and feel empowered to preach with self righteous indignation about "how dangerous putting a child in a
    backpack skiing" is and how "I would never do that to my child" are the same ones that think driving 90 mph in their SUV while texting is perfectly fine.

It's what their perception of risk is, and they won't accept any other point of view.

Osprey poco plus FTW. Used it for two kids. Plenty of days on mellow terrain (out of the resort or after closing weekend). Some of my favorite days skiing.... also a great pack for hiking; I put over 1k miles on it all over the PNW and SW, and it’s still in great shape.

Why the sudden surge in very low post long term and recent members?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why the sudden surge in very low post long term and recent members?
    I dunno

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

We used to use the kid backpack to carry mini-plug up to a slope and take turns skiing that slope. Climb up, ski down, switch. The person waiting watches the kid. It was made easier in a way because of the dog, because we would throw the ball, dig out a bench, picnic. etc. fond memories
    This was at Alpine Meadows, BTW, and we skied that S. facing slope behind KT, (I guess that's White Wolf now). funny
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Osprey poco plus FTW. Used it for two kids. Plenty of days on mellow terrain (out of the resort or after closing weekend). Some of my favorite days skiing.... also a great pack for hiking; I put over 1k miles on it all over the PNW and SW, and it’s still in great shape.
    I've been using one this winter and been quite happy with it. Only big downside is that I can't figure out how to attach skis, and carrying them over my shoulder is out due to passenger proximity. That hasn't been a big issue through most of the winter, but now that we're into patch season it makes things a bit trickier.

She appears to be comfy enough.

FWIW, I'd be kinda scared trying lift served with it, as I can't figure out how you could safely evac.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210427_110814.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	372896

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

What’s the best pack/holder thing for carrying a baby on the front?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums