36th St. in Boise is going

Hitting it tonight after work if any Boise mags are in. It's been about 5 or 6 years since the last time it was surfable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Ok I live in Boise but... would you please tell me what you're talking about? What's on 36th?

36th is a play wave that hasn't flowed since '99 or so. You can access it either from the IRS side or park at the end of 35th.

I went last night and it was good. I haven't been in my boat in awhile so I was rusty but it was good anyway. It's supposed to flow through April. If you are a kayaker, get after it.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

that you I saw on the news the other night?

the only thing that makes me nervous about that wave is the big piece of angle iron sticking out on river right when the flow is low...

The flow was bumped to 6,500

I am happy. A few pics of non-mag Greg and me. Greg used a giant stick as a focal point and for that he will be stoned....

Me

again

NMG

Looks like that wave is going off. Is it pretty fast?

I'm bummed, I am out of town in Cali and the wave in Missoula is probably pumpin!

Niice! Looks great.

No playboating here yet unless you travel to south canyon on the western slope. Thanks to all the thirsty yards here in Denver, I'll be hitting up Bailey Canyon tomorrow.

Fixed it for ya. (Sort of...)
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin

Nice work Conundrum. I just went down to the river and it is raging. I am going to Copper tomorrow and I will checking out the Payette. I noticed the main is flowing at 10000 CFS now.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster
    Nice work Conundrum. I just went down to the river and it is raging. I am going to Copper tomorrow and I will checking out the Payette. I noticed the main is flowing at 10000 CFS now.
    It's at 11,000 now. It's actually easier-most stuff washes out but it's fast. At 14,500, we've gone from Banks to Beehive in 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinepronghorn
    Fixed it for ya. (Sort of...)
    Did you use photoshop? I starting to mess with some editing software and trying to see which is the best...

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow
    Parts are fast, the middle off to surfer's right of me in the photo is pretty sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow

I'm bummed, I am out of town in Cali and the wave in Missoula is probably pumpin!
    We ran Kootenai Creek on Friday. Bear was too low. I heard Brennan's is superb.

It snowed down to 2000 feet at the Lochsa Saturday night. It snowed to the valley floor in the Broot last night. Have no fear. There is PLENTY of snow to melt.

Ira on Kootenai, Friday. Damn shutter speed. This is what, like 5 minutes from your house?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    Ira on Kootenai, Friday. Damn shutter speed. This is what, like 5 minutes from your house?
    I'm going to up there in a couple of weeks. How far is Kootenai from Missoula?

20 minutes + 300 yard hike. Bear is about 40 + 2 mile hike. We should definitely hook up and run Bear if it is going.

I'll be up the first weekend in May. I should have Sunday and maybe Monday open.

Damn. I think I will be in Bozeman for my brother-in-laws graduation that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    Damn. I think I will be in Bozeman for my brother-in-laws graduation that weekend.
    No sweat, that will be a pretty busy weekend. I'm planning on coming up again later in May or maybe early June. When would be better in terms of flows?

I am guessing the creeks will be way too high in May. So probably June.

Go get after it Conundrum

The National Weather Service Has Issued A Flood Watch For The Boise River In Ada And Canyon County Idaho...

The U.S Bureau Of Reclamation And The Army Corps Of Engineers Has Indicated That Releases From Lucky Peak Dam Will Be Increased And That Flows Down Stream Will Reach 7000 Cfs By Thursday. The Current Flow At Glenwood Bridge Is Around 6300 Cfs. The Flows Are Expected To Be 6600 Cfs On Tuesday... 6800 Cfs On Wednesday And 7000 Cfs By Thursday At Glenwood Bridge.

At 7000 Cfs... Large Sections Of The Green Belt Path Will Be Submerged. Erosion Of River Banks Will Also Become A Significant Problem. Debris In The River Including Small Trees And Logs May Begin Piling Up At Bridge Crossings. Minor Flooding Will Be Observed On Sections Of Eagle Island And In Other Low Spots Near The River. Minor Flooding Is Expected To Spread Down Stream To Low Areas Near The River In Star And Caldwell By Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    IDid you use photoshop? I starting to mess with some editing software and trying to see which is the best...
    Yeah, photoshop. Pretty much the only way to go on stuff like that. That took 5 minutes with the clone tool, but if you want to make it look really good it's the paddle that's going to be a pain.
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin