Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 129
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,647
    I hear he tried to hit it switch and ride it into the road... he sacked up, so not a pussy.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ...gone.
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy
    the ultimate challenge!

    -written by guy who's been w/ same gf for 6 years w/out popping question and is seriously running out of time.
    Ulty - took me ten years. You're alright yet.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Le Lavancher pour le weekend
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Ulty - took me ten years. You're alright yet.
    nice one, i'll have to let my gf know that she's not alone!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,399
    First time I read this sucker...

    Holy crap, can you put NSFW in the title? I was grinning ear to ear like a maniac... ppl here think I've gone goo-goo.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    My armchair
    Posts
    4,581
    After re-reading some of the posts in this thread and recalling some of my experiences with friendships forged from this board as well as other places, I am called to reflect on "trust". Not the kind of trust that says "honey I trust you to go out tonight with the boys and not flirt with any other women" or trust like "I trust you to do what you say you will", but the kind of trust that is unspoken and is the foundation for not just a friendship - but a relationship. The kind of trust where you may never speak of it, but you and another just know is there. The kind of trust where is the shit really hits the fan, you know that other person will put their very own existence in jeapardy to get you both out. The kind of trust that when you ask a serious question of somebody, they give you an answer that tells you they value your life just as much as their own. The kind of trust where if one has a bad feeling about something, the other respects that bad feeling and does not push the issue. The kind of trust that is freeing - i.e. input is gathered and you are free to reach your potential. The kind of trust where one not only recognizes his own abilities, but also his friends and can help make honest, rational decisions for his friend based on that ability. I could go on and on, but a few of the things over the past few years I'm talking about are:

    100' hucks when all you can see is the take off lip
    belaying a climbing partner (basically their life is in your hands)
    taking over lead on the Grand when their is no going back and one member of the team is on the virge of delirium
    carrying a buddy down from high altitude on your own back because he is suffering from hape
    you know your buddy has your back if the slope goes
    you know your buddy will make sound medical decisions for you when you can't

    just stuff like that ... trust is the quiet, unspoken foundation of true bonds
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,511
    Nice post x-man.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,373
    Quote Originally Posted by flykdog
    Nice post x-man.
    BIG 2nd.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SE Alaska
    Posts
    11,720
    Ultimate TWITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Wait a minute; did I leave my lights on?? Can't be my truck. Oh, but there are my climbing stickers on it and why is exhaust coming out the tail pipe. Oh my God I left it sitting here running all day with the doors un-locked (in my mad rush for first chair) and nobody stole it -
    Gotta luv it.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Xover
    After re-reading some of the posts in this thread and recalling some of my experiences with friendships forged from this board as well as other places, I am called to reflect on "trust". Not the kind of trust that says "honey I trust you to go out tonight with the boys and not flirt with any other women" or trust like "I trust you to do what you say you will", but the kind of trust that is unspoken and is the foundation for not just a friendship - but a relationship. The kind of trust where you may never speak of it, but you and another just know is there. The kind of trust where is the shit really hits the fan, you know that other person will put their very own existence in jeapardy to get you both out. The kind of trust that when you ask a serious question of somebody, they give you an answer that tells you they value your life just as much as their own. The kind of trust where if one has a bad feeling about something, the other respects that bad feeling and does not push the issue. The kind of trust that is freeing - i.e. input is gathered and you are free to reach your potential. The kind of trust where one not only recognizes his own abilities, but also his friends and can help make honest, rational decisions for his friend based on that ability. I could go on and on, but a few of the things over the past few years I'm talking about are:

    100' hucks when all you can see is the take off lip
    belaying a climbing partner (basically their life is in your hands)
    taking over lead on the Grand when their is no going back and one member of the team is on the virge of delirium
    carrying a buddy down from high altitude on your own back because he is suffering from hape
    you know your buddy has your back if the slope goes
    you know your buddy will make sound medical decisions for you when you can't

    just stuff like that ... trust is the quiet, unspoken foundation of true bonds
    Pure STOKE Xover. Pure STOKE!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Shore of The Lake
    Posts
    758
    Nice, bump bump bump it up.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wydaho
    Posts
    371
    damn, xover makes me wish i woulda introduced myself at whatever Alta bar i saw you at after a great February pow weekend last year.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,947
    First time read on this one. Didn't realize Dan was such the man! Nice Work!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    yewtar
    Posts
    1,809
    pfffft, hell yeah dan is the man, did you see the october issue of Powder????? He is so the man that his wisdom was sought out and quoted.


    and btw....this thread rules.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,421

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Xover
    some ill shit
    Noice.

    78

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,122
    Xover is the tits. And by tits, I mean perfect boobs.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    gobble gobble
    Posts
    932
    It's been too long...

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    amidst 5 mountains
    Posts
    3,858
    an oldie but a goodie...get after it DTM!

    Edit - re-read Xover's stoke - made me get chills. Damn buddy, that could be your best post ever.

    Also miss seeing ACE - he posted on page 1
    Last edited by powstash; 03-24-2006 at 07:49 PM.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    24,614
    Wow, I'm still a major Jong...I didn't know about this thread.
    I already held DTM in a very high regard.....but for something else entirely...his mad Chili recipe.
    And now this. He's gotta be a ladykiller. Huevos AND chili. get after it.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,421
    Yeah, my wife (AC) loves it when I go out and slay the ladies

    Haven't had an opportunity to go remotely that big this year, and probably won't now that I have a very slowly healing rib injury and work is about to get crazy busy. It's left me with pretty lukewarm feelings about this season actually. Oh well, if Tyrone can huck Big Jim's and Hospital Air at 30 I should have plenty of seasons left to go large.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    646
    It's posts like this that remind me of the best pow seasons of my life. Where jumpin ain't scary cause there's so much fluff. God I miss it. DTM way to get after it even if it was 3 years ago and Xover keep the posts comin-your stories are sweeeeet.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,801
    YES. This thread should definitely be in the Hall of Fame.

    I hope I can get down there next winter, both to make my pilgrammage to Alta and meet some of you crazy badass mofos.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 03-25-2006 at 09:43 AM.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman
    Yeah, my wife (AC) loves it when I go out and slay the ladies

    Haven't had an opportunity to go remotely that big this year, and probably won't now that I have a very slowly healing rib injury and work is about to get crazy busy. It's left me with pretty lukewarm feelings about this season actually. Oh well, if Tyrone can huck Big Jim's and Hospital Air at 30 I should have plenty of seasons left to go large.
    That's a bummer. But you do have a lot of good seasons left!

    And I know that lukewarm feeling about this season. I was finally feeling like I was skiing pretty well and now I'm stuck on crutches. I got in a good 70-80 days or so, but it sucks anyway.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    7,595

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman
    Oh well, if Tyrone can huck Big Jim's and Hospital Air at 30 I should have plenty of seasons left to go large.
    Not sure if I should be offended by this or not! You callin me old Dan?!?!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,373
    Quote Originally Posted by altagirl
    I was finally feeling like I was skiing pretty well and now I'm stuck on crutches. I got in a good 70-80 days or so, but it sucks anyway.

    Yeah, that's horrible! I keeed. I keeed.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,737
    I just heard the phrase "bad news" and I was like, hmmmmm....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •