Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bode Miller is an idiot

Well I got to say I respected the guy for awhile but for a guy that hates media attention he sure knows how to bring controversy.

After reading Lance Armstrong's book miraculour recovery from cancer I still can't believe that the sports world thinks he took steroids or other positive enhancing drugs that would fuck up his body.

I do agree with what he has to say about Barry Bonds though

Anyway here's Bode's new statements off of ESPN.com

Just as the brash World Cup champion skier decided to skip this weekend's events to rest up for the Torino Games and get away from media scrutiny, Miller suggested in an interview with Rolling Stone that Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong took performance-enhancing drugs.

"Right now, if you want to cheat, you can: Barry Bonds and those guys are just knowingly cheating, but there's all sorts of loopholes," he told the magazine. "If you say it has to be 'knowingly,' you do what Lance (Armstrong) and all those guys do, where every morning their doctor gives them a box of pills and they don't ask anything, they just take the pills."

Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, declined to respond to Miller's comments. Telephone and email messages left with Armstrong representatives were not immediately returned Thursday.

U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association spokesman Tom Kelly said the organization had no response.

Miller, who competed in 136 straight World Cup races and last missed a race in March 2002, will skip the downhill and super-G this weekend. The U.S. Ski Team hopes Miller's short vacation, during which he plans to rest and play golf with younger brother Chelone, will help him focus before next month's Olympics.

"It might be a good way for him to ground himself a bit," U.S. speed coach John McBride said. "I think it's great he's with his brother. Not only getting away from the sports but putting everything in perspective."

Chelone Miller suffered severe head injuries in a motorcycle crash three months ago in New Hampshire.

Miller, who loathes excessive media attention, has been the object of intense scrutiny all season - much of it brought on by candid comments made to the press. In the Rolling Stone interview, which hits newsstands Friday, Miller reiterates his disdain for the current state of drug testing.

"The drug-regulation system is a weird, bad system, and all I'm asking is that we talk about it," he said.

Bonds told a federal grand jury in 2003 that he used substances given to him by a trainer who was later indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know they were steroids, according to a newspaper report. Armstrong has long been dogged by doping rumors, including a French newspaper's claims to have evidence, but the seven-time Tour de France winner has always maintained that he is clean and has never tested positive.

Miller told Rolling Stone that he's worried someone will try and frame him for substance abuse. In October, he infuriated officials by calling for liberalized doping, and was fined last month for refusing to take a routine boot test after a World Cup slalom race.

Miller made more headlines by suggesting in an interview with "60 Minutes" that he had raced while under the influence of alcohol.

He apologized for those comments in Wengen, Switzerland, but was fined the following day for completing a slalom despite straddling a gate. That night, Miller skipped the mandatory bib draw ceremony in the town square, prompting officials to give him a later start number for the next day's downhill.

Though he still shows signs of greatness, Miller hasn't enjoyed the same success as last season when he became the first American to win the overall World Cup title in 22 years.

At this point last year, Miller had six wins and four other podium finishes. So far this season, he has one victory and four other top-three finishes. Adding to the frustration, Miller has only completed two of seven slaloms.

"We haven't had the slalom training needed to get his equipment tested and his knee is a bit of an issue," McBride said.

Miller is currently fourth in the overall standings and trails overall leader Benjamin Raich by 264 points. Raich has 952 points, followed by Michael Walchhofer with 704 and Daron Rahlves with 689.

"The whole thing with (the TV interview) bothered him. I think maybe a little time off will help him gain perspective on the whole thing and why he does it and how important it is to him. What he's capable of achieving," McBride said. "Right now the important thing is for him to come into the Olympics on top of his game."

Miller plans to compete in all five events at the Olympics and is expected to race in Chamonix, France, on Feb. 3-4 -- the final World Cup men's race before the Torino Games.

Go Rahlves!!! Bode=jackass.
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

you GUYS ARE CUNT ASS BITCHES BODI MILLER KICK FUCKING ASS
    http://www.sierrapassport.com/nsicons/animated/badgerdance.gif

I can't believe anyone actually thinks Lance Armstrong didn't take performance enhancing drugs. You think he could beat all the guys on the juice if he weren't on it himself? Get real. Bode knows what's up.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    You think he could beat all the guys on the juice if he weren't on it himself?

pretty much, but I don't think Lance would have won 7 straight tours if he was on a different team. Team Discovery is a machine and many of those guys would be GC leaders on other teams.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

i doubt what most athletes say

but lance is the exception

for 2 years he had drugs pumped into his body that made him puke lose tons of weight etc to make him better. i refuse to believe that after he got healthy that he would take steroids or other drugs knowingly that would fuck up his body even more.

he's tested clean every time and yeah he had one hell of a team

I can't believe anyone actually thinks Lance Armstrong didn't take performance enhancing drugs. You think he could beat all the guys on the juice if he weren't on it himself? Get real. Bode knows what's up.

Miguel Indurain? He won five times straight.

Miller just needs to keep his hole shut and race.

ya dude youre the moron, its pretty obvious bonds has taken steroids. I dont know how you cant agree with that, just look at pictures of him throughout his carreer.

Lance is the man, but he definitely has an advantage over the other competitors. I mean, have you ever ridden a freaking road bike? they kill your nuts so bad, so post cancer Lance has a huge advantage and should be given some sort of handicap.

Bode just says what's on his mind. Whether or not other people agree with him doesn't matter. I can respect him for that. On the other hand I completely disagree with the comments he made about Lance. I totally believe that Armstrong won those titles clean. If Bode wants to comment on his own lifestyle, that's his business. Leave others out of it whether they've taken performance enhancing drugs or not.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrryde
    pretty much, but I don't think Lance would have won 7 straight tours if he was on a different team. Team Discovery is a machine and many of those guys would be GC leaders on other teams.

A few of them thought so to until they left the team and have had done poorly since. Lance has a way of motivating people and surrounding him self with guys that are very good in leading him to Paris. Plus no one else out there puts in as much time on the bike as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by altaski
    ya dude youre the moron, its pretty obvious bonds has taken steroids. I dont know how you cant agree with that, just look at pictures of him throughout his carreer.
    wow altaski if you would look at what i wrote instead of talking out of your ass you would see that i agreed with bode on bonds.

why you dont you doublecheck your shit before you make an ass out of yourself

heh...people are talking about Bode and the US ski team...

I'll bet they didn't plan that.
    [This Space For Rent]

Thumbs down

WTF does he care anyway since he wants to take drugs himself.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRider4Life
    Bode just says what's on his mind. Whether or not other people agree with him doesn't matter. .
    Time & place for everything. You don't announce you have a bomb on an airplane unless you want to enjoy the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead
    Miguel Indurain? He won five times straight.

Miller just needs to keep his hole shut and race.
    uhhh, I have been following the tour closely for 25 years, as a useless preface. What would lead you to believe that the big mig wasn't juicing too? It has been a pernicious part of the sport since it's infancy...there have been no periods of innocence, ever. Plain and simple. The truth makes champions, and may or may not hurt.

Bode does just say what's on his mind, but for a guy who just wants to be left alone, he sure knows how to keep people coming back to him. He is either a complete fucking idiot or an evil genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mrryde
    Agreed. Postal and Disco have been monster teams. Monsters.

As far as Lance doping... I don't think he's doing it... of course that's based on my expert opinion...

Bottom line. I hope Lance isn't doping... but if he is, get me some of that....

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    uhhh, I have been following the tour closely for 25 years, as a useless preface. What would lead you to believe that the big mig wasn't juicing too? It has been a pernicious part of the sport since it's infancy...there have been no periods of innocence, ever. Plain and simple. The truth makes champions, and may or may not hurt.
    Good for you.

My point is, this controversy over doping was not nearly as big with the Mig as it has been with Lance.

If Lance is a doper for consistently finishing first, then clearly Ullrich must be a doper for consistently finishing 2nd.

Everybody is a pessimist. If everyone is a god damn doper, then why even bother watching, or following the tour for '25 years'? What makes you a fan, if you're a pessimist of all the athletes?

Who gives a shit?
    No.

Pretty bold statement...how can you accuse someone until they fail a test? Bode doesn't know what's up, he's just talking out of his ass like you are.
    Last edited by shit sandwich; 01-27-2006 at 12:57 AM.
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

I totally understand the premise of your reply. Really.
    However, I watch to watch the drama unfold...and unfortunately, doping (and the uncovering of such actions) IS and always will be a part of the overall pastiche. I prefaced my 'authority' as being just observant, not necessarily significant. I call it as I see it, and I have been watching for a while now. That is all. I pray often that I were wrong in my pessimistic view, but close proximity to professionals in the sport has skewed my natural tendency to believe the best. The sport is THAT brutal and competitive, whether one likes it or not.
    HUGE kudos to the clean ones who win, Kudos to the clean one who does not, SHAME on the dirty ones who win, and 'WTF' to those who are dirty, and do not win. Could it be any more simple?
    Last edited by rideit; 01-27-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    I totally understand the premise of your reply. Really.
    However, I watch to watch the drama unfold...and unfortunately, doping (and the uncovering of such actions) IS and always will be a part of the overall pastiche. I prefaced my 'authority' as being just observant, not necessarily significant. I call it as I see it, and I have been watching for a while now. That is all. I pray often that I were wrong in my pessimistic view, but close proximity to professionals in the sport has skewed my natural tendency to believe the best. The sport is THAT brutal and competitive, whether one likes it or not.
    HUGE kudos to the clean ones who win, Kudos to the clean one who do not, SHAME on the dirty ones who win, and 'WTF' to those who are dirty, and do not win. Could it be any more simple?
    Good point. Case in point, Tyler Hamilton. What a friggin shame.

Negativity is a learned response. And it's easy to learn in cycling. I just find it hard to believe that for a man who has been tested as much as he has, that they wouldn't have found something yet. Hard to believe Lance's scientists are smarter than the cycling fed's scientists.

Maybe when they thaw out his urine 10, 20, 50 years from now, we will know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead
    Maybe when they thaw out his urine 10, 20, 50 years from now, we will know the truth.
    Exactamente, Mi amigo...whether it is revealing in any way. I LOVE this sport.

There are no reliable tests for hGH, IGF-1 and EPO. All of these would be very beneficial to someone like Lance Armstrong. I like Lance and I like Bode.
    To call Bode an idiot, postman22 you're an idiot.