Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its dumping!

Its dumping!

report to come later

http://www.bridgerbowl.com/fs_snowReport.php

edit: 100 inches from 12/25 to 12/30 at Bridger Bowl
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 12-30-2003 at 04:24 PM.

where is it dumpin?? all i know is that summit county needs more snow........... lots more

Originally posted by bigtwig00
    where is it dumpin??
    Bozone would be my guess.

BobMc

It's dumping in town in bozeman for sure. the realtime weather from bridger looks like its snowing more in town than on the hill.

Bridger was spectacular today, and should be off the hook tomorrow!
    Last edited by fez; 12-26-2003 at 10:11 PM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Looks like two feet on the realtime checker. hopefully more when they update the website here in a few minutes.

Edit-23 over night and 31" in 24
    Work needs to be skipped...
    Last edited by Mountainman; 12-27-2003 at 05:49 AM.
    My Montana has an East Infection

See you there!

Black giro full face helmet, all gray coat/pants, green lifelink pack, fischer big stix 106 w/ scarpa denali xt and freerides.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Weather hold

And we are on hold til possibly noon today.
    Ben Franklin

48" as of 8:30 am
    Ben Franklin

Holy mackeral, 59 new in 24!

I was at Crystal back in '95 during the 63" in 24 and 93" in 48 hr massive dump. The upper mountain didn't open for three days and by then it had all gone to muck. Too bad, cause it was under 5% fluff while it was falling. That won't happen at Bridger! I've heard you guys get under 2% stuff often. Dang, I wish I was there!

which sucks is they closed due to too much snow!!

First I was pissed I was missing Alta's storm, now I realize I'm missing a better one. Hope the airport is open tomorrow and The Ridge doesn't open until Monday. And the wind doesn't blow....and it doesn't settle overnight as quickly as it normally does....and that I start visiting my family only during the summers...auggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. poop.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    5 feet of snow in 24 hours??!! Holy fucking shit Francis!!
    Doesn't compare with the 1 inch fresh on my porch right now here in Coloraddy...

5ft of snow and STILL DUMPING!!

we could see at least another foot by tomorrow.

Yeah, its closed, but its just money in the bank baby.

And i dont have to sling fish tomorrow night.

Oh yeah, and the Pats are well on their way to clinching homefield through the playoffs.

Goddamn its a good day.
    Ben Franklin

BULLSHIT! FUCK FUCK< FUCK!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I HAD 4th CHAIR, MT HAD 1st....................fuck tomorrow.

New Snowfall: 53"
    24 Hour Snowfall: 61"
    Upper Base Depth: 86"
    Temp. Base Area: 14°
    Temp. Mid Mountain: 6°
    Wind Mid Mountain: 5-15 MPH
    Wind Base Area: 5-35 MPH
    Primary Surface Conditions: Powder
    Secondary Surface Conditions: Powder
    # Trails Open: 0
    # Lifts Open: 0 of 7

UPDATE
    Bridger Bowl will not be open today due to massive snowfall...53 inches of snow so far and still dumping heavily. We apologize

for the delay in opening; thanks for your understanding and patience as we effort to make the mountain safe for tomorrow.

Unhappy

I would like to let all you mutherfukers know that I had my skis lined up for first chair this morning......... Oh, it was going to be so, so sick.... Anyway, hopefully I can pull it off again tommorow morning. It's going to be a mad house up there though with people coming out of the woodwork to get the fresh snow.........I think an arrival of 7:15 might only get you 5-6th chair.........Needless to say it should be interesting.

With that much new and the extreme avy danger, what do you locals think of the chances the Ridge might open Monday or Tuesday? I may just jump in the truck and buzz over from Seattle.

Rb,

semi retired ski shooter. My bud and PowMag cover slut Wayne Grevey can't make it.

My best guess is that the Ridge won't be open until Monday afternoon at the earliest.....Also, they might not have the D-Route open until a few days after that......

Thanks, Peter! You guys better all run down to the dive shop and buy out all their snorkels!!! Tomorrow will be EPIC and I'm majorly jealous.

I think I'll just have to stay here and sample the dumpage that is just about to start. It is just started puking and is almost snowing at my house in town. When the snow levels are at or near the surface, as they are now, the Cascades are incredible..and Alpental has more sick terrain than you can shake a stick at! I'll be there tonite or tomorrow. Forecast is for above normal precip and below temps for the next 14 days, and one storm after the other. Oh yeah!!

Continuing to dump 2" an hour.

Last edited by FreakofSnow; 07-19-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Projected opening of noon.........hopefully they can pull it off.

yeah..... what slipness said.... sorry I missed this one but shits gonna be filled in now bitches....damn!... my new dates are jan13- feb22 but can't believe the 5+ footer happened NOW... god bless ya boyz, thanks ullrman, giddy up an git sum- MUCH!... I am at peace with missin this, I really am.... DAMN!......

It appears that we are back up to 3" an hour http://mtavalanche.com/weather/bridger_bowl.shtml

I could be there by tommorow for $2284. What a deal

Originally posted by rbtree
    Holy mackeral, 59 new in 24!

I was at Crystal back in '95 during the 63" in 24 and 93" in 48 hr massive dump. The upper mountain didn't open for three days and by then it had all gone to muck. Too bad, cause it was under 5% fluff while it was falling. That won't happen at Bridger! I've heard you guys get under 2% stuff often. Dang, I wish I was there!
    that was my first pow day. spend most of the day looking for my skis.
    does bridger get dumps like this often?

About once a year we get a huuuuge dump, but I've never seen anything like this in 11 years. The best story I've heard is from 1980, with 80" inches total. Mountain was closed for 3 days, but it was so cold the snow didn't settle before it opened. Old-timers tell me about skiing underneath the snow down North Bowl. The snow was not flowing over their heads...they were literally submerged and making turns in 2% snow.

This could be one of those storms. I'm guessing they won't have the upper mountain or The Ridge opened until Monday. But who knows. If the wind doesn't blow, these next two days will be unforgettable.

Two feet more (so far) than Kevin's pow section in JSD for reference......oh snap.