Question Pricing and Shipping a surfboard

Ummm, can anyone help me out on how to figure out the selling value of a surf board? I have no idea. Also, is it realistic to ship them with like UPS? Is it REALLY expensive to ship them? How would I pack it?

I am trying to decide if I should/can sell mine. It's a Stussy 6'6". Few dings, nothing major, repaired the nose once.

Even though I obviously use it alot up here in Wyo, I can pass it along to someone who can actually get some use out of it.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

hard to say, boards dont hold value well. how old? is it sun-yellowed or faded? how many pressure dings? i always find it easiest to hand down my boards to friends. it hard to recoup much from a used board. dunno about shipping but it makes it even less of a deal for the buyer if he's not local. another con factor in selling.

having said that i have a pristine 7'0" mini gun used only a cpl of days on one surf trip. paid $550 and had it custom made 5 years ago. i reckon i'd be lucky to get $200 from it. sadly, i've gotten to old and fat for it.

DHL is cheapest, but their service sucks ass.
    maybe $65 to 90 range depending on shipper.
    click on the website and guesstimate your size (weight wil be somewhat irrelevant, since the oversize package charge usually includes up to 75 pounds of weight.)

Shortboards have more options.
    If it were a longboard, options are limited.
    Sometimes the commercial freight companies are cheaper if you can get the buyer to pick it up at a terminal.

Pack by wrapping with bubble wrap and then cardboard, with extra cardboad on tip and tail and middle rails.
    . . .