Any Winter Boating in CO?

I paddled the Animas on Friday 12/23 and Sat 12/24. Is there any boating in CO with any rapids? Must paddle!!!!
    Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes

You probably already know this but if you don't, check out mountainbuzz.com. There's gotta be somebody boating somewhere. If not, come up to ID. Stuff is actually hitting decent flows with the rain and warm temps. Paddled class IV and V on xmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

If your desparate enough, you could hit up Gore Canyon near Kremmling. It's flowing at around 600 cfs, which makes it bony in places, but still a fun flow. Mostly IV/V-, but with ice bridges up there, it's most likely dangerous in spots.

Westwater would be a long boring float. I think that's about it for CO right now.

You should just put the boat away for the season and come up to Summit and ski, the snow is awesome right now.

Does Idaho have year round boating? I just saw this on AW http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/?photoid=12958. That looks great, is it not too cold or frozen over?

I think Gore would be frozon over in most places. The rockwood box has way too much ice in it and I do not consider Westy as rapids, just a fun place in the sun to drink.

No flows on the Salt either, I don't know if that will run at all this year.
    Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes

Idaho does. Just depends on how much you want to drive. That pic is in northern ID by Potlach. Do a search on boatertalk.com for more info on that area-best bet would be giving Elvis a shout out. He's from Moscow, ID. We've been paddling the SF and NF of the Payette because of the rain and warmer temps-been in the moderate summer flow range the last two week. The Steeps on the MF Payette are going off right now too. Other than that, the year round involves a lot of driving or some park and play.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Colorada...Idaho..wh-why?

Idaho...Colorado??? Come on. The Sierras, Trinities, and CA Coastals are flooding, it doesn't get much better or hairier than now baby.

Why Idaho? NF Payette is 1 hour from my house. Cali would be sick, just to far to drive right now.

I think Shoshone flows all year. On New Years Eve I think people head down and paddle.