Exclamation PSA: Giro Helmet Replacement Program....

Since you smart ones are still here with us thank God after some bad crashes, I looked up the Giro Policy on replacements on their website and thought the rest of you can take note:

Giro Crash Replacment Program:

http://www.giro.com/main.html

Go to FAQ's, second from the bottom, click on "Does Giro have a Crash Replacement Program" and read through the directions.

or call 800.456.2355
    or email with questions: feedback@giro.com

note: Crash replacement program noted to be only available in the US. If you are outside the US, call the same 800 number to find out what your applicable options are the website says.

NO NOT WEAR A HELMET THAT HAS BEEN IN A CRASH!!! REPLACE IMMEDIATELY!!!

This has been a Public Service Announcement to help save your noggin and some duckets.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

And please feel free to add other programs if companies like Leedom and Protec and more have these!

And if you do not ride with a helmet, please do get one, it is only your head.

Note: must have dated reciept.

Seems like they give you a discount on a replacement, not clear how much.
    . . .

Hopefully we will find out from Powstash when he calls.

When I checked with them it was 25% off of a full priced helmet from them. I've been able to find a new one cheaper on the internet every time I've looked.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Giro will fuckin' hook you up. I landed upside down off a cliff last year, head first, on a rock. Shattered my Madmax, which is their fullface. $250 new. They replaced it for $110 plus a minimal shipping fee.

Also, if you break a visor or need pads or anything like that (small, replaceable helmet pieces) they will send it to you for free.

Their helmet did exactly what it was supposed to do, which was absorb the shock so my head didn't have to. It broke in the process, which is probably what saved me. There were no defects, the helmet did precisely what it was designed to do. I was fully prepared to pay full price for a new one and expected no discounts or anything. I had no problem with the helmet's performance. I told them all this, and they gave me a discount anyway.

GIRO KICKS ASS. Thanks for saving my life guys.

My buddy endo'd his bike to head plant last year and was wearing a Giro. I think they sold him a new one for about half and his was at least four years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

You'll have to wiggle it, just a little bit, to get a half-priced helmet, but it's possible despite what their crash replacement numbers are.

Here is a real easy Crash Replacement Program. http://www.webersports.com/index.php...e&article_id=1

I had to visit the ER last year after a faceplant and concussion. As I was leaving the doctor reminded me to replace my helmet. When I said "oh yea I always use Giros because you get a big discount on crash replacements"

she replied "it's really sad you know that".