Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    how fast does a treadmill have to move to stop a back pedaling jong from attaining take off speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo
    welcome to the TGR forums. now go get a neon one-piece and practice your daffy/twister/spreads and you might fit in. or you'll just end up getting made fun of for skiing groomers in sun valley. but nobody can talk shit to someone who skies pow in a neon one-piece airing off everything and doing spread eagles. for added points, get one of the racoon hats like davey crocket extra steeze. and while your at it, do this all on 223 dh boards cause real skiers don't need phat skis.
    Yeah, what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscream
    Wow, it's pretty obivious that people really love to ski here(PNW). I sure hope our little secret doesn't leak out to the rest of the country. On the other hand, maybe our economy could use the boost from the increase in tourism.
    God dammit, you didn't leave.
    No.

It's a message board thing.

Hey XScream, read this:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20100

Then come back and tell us if you still think we need you to tell us all about skiing in the PNW.

If you meet any of these people on the hill, or at their ski shop, they're pretty cool.

Pretty soon, you'll be asking for change for a nickel and shopping for fatter skis.

Quote Originally Posted by craigmont
    Hey XScream, read this:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20100

Then come back and tell us if you still think we need you to tell us all about skiing in the PNW.

If you meet any of these people on the hill, or at their ski shop, they're pretty cool.

Pretty soon, you'll be asking for change for a nickel and shopping for fatter skis.

one of the best 10th posts ever.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Washington has great mountains but the ski areas are well... mediocre.
    Of course the backcountry is wonderful but not always easy to access.
    Just wish someone had built a great ski area on the east side of the cascades long ago.

If you have ever skied at Crystal you would know what I mean about the back-country. <<<From your earlier post, it appears you don't know the difference between Xtal b/c and out of area>>> It remains roped off unless the ski patrol determines that no avalanche hazard exists. no different than any other area Cross the ropes and you will be the one banned from the mountain. <<<Well, handslapped, rarely banned>>>

Is it going to snow again this year? That's a fair question considering last year and the high pressure system we have right now.<<<another Jong inanity. We aren't God, but it looks like the beseeching Ullr has recently received may pay off>>

No one has ever called me a jong on the slopes or to my face. It must be a message board thing. <<Yep, and you rank with the best of 'em>>

As far as finding ways to ski cheap, yes it's worth it for me. Some people hike, some scalp, whatever. Do you really think they can ban you? <<Yep>> Do you have to show your ID to buy a ticket?
    By the way, Jong, the Crystal bc has been open a heck of a lot this year...including the north bc for its earliest open in prolly 28 years!!!
    Last edited by rbtree; 12-17-2005 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kailas
    That's why it's called "backcountry." Jeezus. Someone pull this one's Washington day pass at the border, please.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Washington has great mountains but the ski areas are well... mediocre.
    Just wish someone had built a great ski area on the east side of the cascades long ago.
    Our ski areas kick ass. As previuosly discussed they are not resorts and that's the way we like them.

I just back from a dawn patrol with my pup. Access to the BC was indeed tough this morning. I actually had to get off the freeway and park at a trail head right next to it, cross a 2 lane highway and climb 4 feet up unto the snow to start skinning. I fucking hate brutal approaches like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    Our ski areas kick ass. As previuosly discussed they are not resorts and that's the way we like them.

I just back from a dawn patrol with my pup. Access to the BC was indeed tough this morning. I actually had to get off the freeway and park at a trail head right next to it, cross a 2 lane highway and climb 4 feet up unto the snow to start skinning. I fucking hate brutal approaches like that.
    well said bro!
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Whao,

Didn't know I was going to start a war

Anyway, I am interested in the Seattle area because it is the last place of significance in NA that I haven't skied yet (plus the beer is better than in Utah ). I'll be watching the weather channel with great interest this week...

As far as amenities are concerned, this is more than good enough for me. I am sure that you can match this in the PNW The little shack on the left is really the rental shop. I didn't have enough pano in my camera to get the dry toilets on the left...

PNWBrit what the hell do you know your a brit!!
    Monique, if you get a shit load of snow, which is common in the PNW
    then you aint going anywhere in the backcountry! The North Cascades
    are difficult to access even in the summer!!

PNWBrit what the hell do you know your a brit!!
    Monique, if you get a shit load of snow, which is common in the PNW
    then you aint going anywhere in the backcountry! The North Cascades
    are difficult to access even in the summer!!
    Dude you are beyond dense! Here again is Moniques quote in case you missed it the first time:

That's why it's called "backcountry." Jeezus. Someone pull this one's Washington day pass at the border, please

If the "backcountry" were easy to access it would be filled with jongs like yourself! We here have done plenty of tours in "normal" NW winters with deep snow packs.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

What the hell is a jong?

If you can ski here, you can ski anywhere. In the fall and spring we have Cascade concrete, in the winter it's Cascade crud.

I agree that we have a few good runs, however not enough to justify the current price for a lift ticket. Stevens Pass is at $49, the same price as Alta.

I get it. Someday you might.

Hey, good thread deletion you gaper!
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by sculhane
    As far as amenities are concerned, this is more than good enough for me. I am sure that you can match this in the PNW
    The amenities at most areas are pretty good. You'll be shocked if you expect primitive base facilities. It's more the fact that only one ski area in the state has permanent overnight facilities at the base (Crystal), in stark contrast to places like Utah and Colorado.

edit: oh yeah, I guess there's a hotel at Snoqualmie Pass, too.
    Last edited by The AD; 12-19-2005 at 11:37 PM.

So I guess someone will be head BC shovel, king?
    Insominia is my new hobby.

ullr907 Guest

Exclamation ALPENTALICS ANONOMUS

[IMG]WWW.FREEALPENTAL.ORG[/IMG]

LISTEN UP DRIP NUTZ

I THOUGHT TGR MEMBERS MIGHT REPRESENT BUT IT APPEARS THERE ARE SOME DUMBASSES LURKING IN WASHINGTON

ALPENTAL RULES

BEST LIFT SERVED ACCESS TO THE GNAR~GNAR

DEFINATELY GNARLIER RUNS TO BE HAD AT ALP~SHOT 8,MACHS COULOIR FROM THE TOP,261 PROPER AND IMPROPER, GHOST BOWL, WALL ST,HANSEL N GRETTLE DOWN TO I/90,SHOT 6,ADRENALIN, AND OF COURSE , THE LEGENDARY SHOT 10 BOWL...THE PATROL USUALLY BOMBS IT EVERY MORNING WATCH FOR CHUNKS

BESIDES THAT YOU CAN POACH IT THEY NEVER CHECK TICKETS ESPECIALLY IF YOU KICK YOUR LIFTIES A NUG!! AND NONE OF THAT LAME ASS BC BUDS THAT THEY KEEFE BEFORE SELLING DOWN HERE,ONLY REPRESENT WITH THE REAL WASHINGTON KIND GREEN BUDS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY YOU CAN USUALLY SCORE FAT SACKS UP IN LOT THREE~ THE OVERNIGHT LOT ALL THE LOCAL RIPPERS PARK IN...THESE ALPENTALICS DONT RIDE WITHOUT A LARGE SUPPLY OF CHRONIC...IF YOUR LUCKY SOME OLD SKOOL MUTHA FUCKA RIDIN IN A 1 PIECE SUIT AND SKINNY STICKS MIGHT REEF YOU OUT WITH ONE HIT OF ROCKET FUEL

IF YOU ARE HARD UP FOR LODGING ACCOMIDATIONS I RECCOMEND THE SECRET LOFT CALLED LEVITTS LOOKOUT , ABOVE THE PUBLIC BATHROOMS MENS SHITTER CEILING SECRET ROOF HATCH ACCESS WITH PULL DOWN LADDER~ IT IS WARM AND THERES A LIGHT AND HEAT AS WELL AS A PEEKHOLE DOWN INTO THE WOMANS SIDE!!

THE BACK COUNTRY AT ALPENTAL IS THE SICKEST!!! AND CONTRARY TO THE SIGNS~ IT NEVER IS CLOSED!! JUST POACH IT!! THE LAZY PRO PATROL HAS LAYED DOWN ON THE WORLDS LAMEST GAY PRO PATROL DIRECTOR JON BARKER,AND THEY COULD GIVE A SHIT LESS ABOUT POACHERS OR PUBLIC SAFTEY!! THIER HIGH ACCIDENT AND FATALITY RATE SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!! IF YOU DONT KNOW THE AREA JUST GO CHECK IN AT THE PATROL SHACK AND OFFER A PATROLLER A BIG SMOKE OUT FOR A BC TOUR!!!

THERE IS SO MUCH SICK SHIT AT ALPY, ACRE FOR ACRE ITS THE BEST IN WASHINGTON AND THE INTERNATIONAL DIRT BAG RATING SYSTEM GIVES IT TWO THUMBS UP FOR OVERALL POACHABILITY

SO GO LOOK UP THE ALPENTALICS IN LOT THREE OR SOME OF THE PRO PATROLS BRING AN EXTRA PAIR OF UNDERWEAR, AND TELL EM DUSTIN BOWLS SENT YA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ullr907
    [IMG]WWW.FREEALPENTAL.ORG[/IMG]

LISTEN UP DRIP NUTZ

I THOUGHT TGR MEMBERS MIGHT REPRESENT BUT IT APPEARS THERE ARE SOME DUMBASSES LURKING IN WASHINGTON

ALPENTAL RULES

BEST LIFT SERVED ACCESS TO THE GNAR~GNAR

DEFINATELY GNARLIER RUNS TO BE HAD AT ALP~SHOT 8,MACHS COULOIR FROM THE TOP,261 PROPER AND IMPROPER, GHOST BOWL, WALL ST,HANSEL N GRETTLE DOWN TO I/90,SHOT 6,ADRENALIN, AND OF COURSE , THE LEGENDARY SHOT 10 BOWL...THE PATROL USUALLY BOMBS IT EVERY MORNING WATCH FOR CHUNKS

BESIDES THAT YOU CAN POACH IT THEY NEVER CHECK TICKETS ESPECIALLY IF YOU KICK YOUR LIFTIES A NUG!! AND NONE OF THAT LAME ASS BC BUDS THAT THEY KEEFE BEFORE SELLING DOWN HERE,ONLY REPRESENT WITH THE REAL WASHINGTON KIND GREEN BUDS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY YOU CAN USUALLY SCORE FAT SACKS UP IN LOT THREE~ THE OVERNIGHT LOT ALL THE LOCAL RIPPERS PARK IN...THESE ALPENTALICS DONT RIDE WITHOUT A LARGE SUPPLY OF CHRONIC...IF YOUR LUCKY SOME OLD SKOOL MUTHA FUCKA RIDIN IN A 1 PIECE SUIT AND SKINNY STICKS MIGHT REEF YOU OUT WITH ONE HIT OF ROCKET FUEL

IF YOU ARE HARD UP FOR LODGING ACCOMIDATIONS I RECCOMEND THE SECRET LOFT CALLED LEVITTS LOOKOUT , ABOVE THE PUBLIC BATHROOMS MENS SHITTER CEILING SECRET ROOF HATCH ACCESS WITH PULL DOWN LADDER~ IT IS WARM AND THERES A LIGHT AND HEAT AS WELL AS A PEEKHOLE DOWN INTO THE WOMANS SIDE!!

THE BACK COUNTRY AT ALPENTAL IS THE SICKEST!!! AND CONTRARY TO THE SIGNS~ IT NEVER IS CLOSED!! JUST POACH IT!! THE LAZY PRO PATROL HAS LAYED DOWN ON THE WORLDS LAMEST GAY PRO PATROL DIRECTOR JON BARKER,AND THEY COULD GIVE A SHIT LESS ABOUT POACHERS OR PUBLIC SAFTEY!! THIER HIGH ACCIDENT AND FATALITY RATE SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!! IF YOU DONT KNOW THE AREA JUST GO CHECK IN AT THE PATROL SHACK AND OFFER A PATROLLER A BIG SMOKE OUT FOR A BC TOUR!!!

THERE IS SO MUCH SICK SHIT AT ALPY, ACRE FOR ACRE ITS THE BEST IN WASHINGTON AND THE INTERNATIONAL DIRT BAG RATING SYSTEM GIVES IT TWO THUMBS UP FOR OVERALL POACHABILITY

SO GO LOOK UP THE ALPENTALICS IN LOT THREE OR SOME OF THE PRO PATROLS BRING AN EXTRA PAIR OF UNDERWEAR, AND TELL EM DUSTIN BOWLS SENT YA!!!
    Whoa. Put the bong down and slowly step away... it's gonna be ok.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

ullr907 Guest

Arrow

u cant deny alpental rules

Flame on! How about offering some helpful advice rather than thrashing mine. Over 30 years of skiing the Cascades makes me qualifed to comment on them. If you have ever skied anywhere else you would know that the amenities here are not on the level of the premier destinations.

I am not saying that it is bad here at all, only that if you could choose one place to take a ski trip/vacation, would it be Seattle? If you answer yes, then ignorance really is bliss.
    You are an idiot.

If you honestly think that Washington is not worthy of a ski vacation than you really are not much of a skier. Washington has some of the best skiing in the country, and doesnt need all of the bullshit admenites that other areas need in order to draw visitors.
    Our state has produces some of the best skier's in the world and it continues to do so, and it has done so without all of the bullshit found in other regions. Skiing should be about spending time in the mountians, not weather or not your slopeside condo has the best fondue resturant. If you think that perfect groomers, slopeside resturants, and a base village are required for a good ski experiance, than please get the fuck out of this state and move to some resort town.

Washington is all about the most pure ski experiance possible. Just because you are not good enough to ski the terrain, and prefer boring groomers to powder is no reason to diss Washington as a ski destination.

But what the fuck do I know?
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

u cant deny alpental rules
    Exactly its a perfect place for all of the fucking idots from seattle to get scared before they endup some where that has real terrain
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

BUT IT APPEARS THERE ARE SOME DUMBASSES LURKING IN WASHINGTON

you really shouldn't call yourself out like that. there's no reason to yell, it'll be ok. oooooo kaaaaay. now say it with me, ooooo kaaaaay

[THEY NEVER CHECK TICKETS ESPECIALLY IF YOU KICK YOUR LIFTIES A NUG!! AND NONE OF THAT LAME ASS BC BUDS THAT THEY KEEFE BEFORE SELLING DOWN HERE,ONLY REPRESENT WITH THE REAL WASHINGTON KIND GREEN BUDS :

i do have to agree with this. enough with the yelling though.

ullr907 Guest
    looks like u cant read too well there slick..maybe your eyes r 2 red from lot three chronic!!! im not even in wash. im one of the suckas from seattle that moved to some wheres really sick.....the chugach haha

i can almost picture you all hopped up, ready to shred the gnar. talking smack on the internet. it kinda oozes huckfest without spotting your landings, or airing onto a huge slope on a three foot pow day. not very smart, but extremely entertaining. i like the audacity. reminiscent of wheel of destruction.