Question Conditions in interior BC?

Thinking about heading to BC for a late-February round-about, probably about week—10 days. How are the conditions up there? Which resorts often get the most snow? Any recommedations on a nice loop (Castle>Fernie>Whitewater etc.)? We'd probably be flying into Calgary or Spokane, or possibly drive up from CO via Jackson.

Febuary is usually prime-time for those resorts, as long as they dont get messed around with rain. If doing the calgary thing, id monitor Fernie to make sure it doesnt get poured on, but if not then it is an amazing place. Castle--> little closer to calgary and more of a gnar, big fall line, steep skiing..good times. Whitewater is especially good if youve got touring in mind, and nelson and surrounding area is also a great atmosphere. Whitewater usually gets the most snow, but keep and eye on the storms and should be great times!

Good to know.

I'm pretty fired up on getting to Fernie, just have to convince my partners into Canada this year. Any tidbits of info only helps my cause.

Thanks for the insight Johnny, Much appreciated.

Fernie->Pincher(Castle)->Fernie->Nelson(WH2O)->Rossland(Red).

The stint between Fernie and Nelson is longer than one might assume.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    Fernie->

The stint between Fernie and Nelson is longer than one might assume.
    What, like 4-5 hours? I really have no clue other than a map, which usually does no justice when traveling though mountains. In your estimation...

5. More if it's stormy. There are some places to ski around the way (Kimberly) but I never stopped there.

Castle is the sleeper, especially if they have snow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Keep an eye on Banff and Golden, if they're getting hit it adds another option. From Calgary there's quite a few different loops you can make, just watch the weather.

Very good!

Thanks a lot for the added info fellas. Your comments on Castle have intrigued me. I plan on keeping close tabs, and if come late-Feb and everything looks good I think we're gonna pull the trigger on Castle>Fernie.

Know anything about Powder Springs? I know it's up there a ways but so is KH and the terrain there looks enticing. Not to mention the many good things I've heard about Rogers Pass.

Powder Springs itself isn't much, but you may have a shot at scoring a day of cheap cat skiing with Cat Powder. Basically, the ski hill (PS) is the bottom 1000' and the cat op uses the top 5000' (although you only actually ski the top 1500-2000').