Twin Tips for Kids Advice

my nine year old is getting pretty good and wants twin tips....he is in a new ski class this year with some ten to twelve year olds who do 360s off jumps and he wants a pair....any advice on brands, models for kids? he is skinny, but on skis since he was four....thanks, CTR

you don't need twintips for 360s unless you're takin off switch, pops.

Choose The Right? Just curious...

You'll have better luck in the Tech Talk forum on answering your question.

Or at Epicski, which has more people with kids...
    Other than that, usual customers: K2 Mini Enemy, Solomon 1080 Fish (or 151), Line Invader Mini, etc.

edit: might not be a bad idea to see which have best warranty, for when he breaks them in a year and a half.
    Last edited by Steven S. Dallas; 12-12-2005 at 01:23 PM.

I've had my kids on head mad trix, k2 enemy's, old rossi's, 1080's and now armada's. The kids really like the armada's but all of them have been good. I'd say pick up whatever you can find cheap. He'll only be on them a couple years so don't worry too much about the core (foam vs. wood). They're all good skis for this age group.

Maybe... Do they demo skis for kids? I have no clue. Not really about the ski, more about getting you kid stoked on his skis. Letting him pick out what he wants. I mean.... You can buy him a pair of... whatever.... and he will be happy. You can let him pick out a pair of skis and he will be stoked on the year of sking, be proud his boards, and his choice. Easy way to get a happy kid, and not to mention, he'll get the boards that are right for him and therefore, the boards that will make him progress faster.
    No.

mojo 70/65 from head. Should be solid. Or I have a pair of these in a 147 cheap w/ sl70s that could go up on ebay soon?

Last edited by Catbert; 12-12-2005 at 05:58 PM.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    What DINMS said. It's not what ski is the best since they are all pretty much the same (+/- 5%). It's what ski he and his friends think is the best that's the most important, he'll be able to make any of them work and will outgrow any of them at the same rate. If you aren't worried about what he wants just buy whatever junior twin (from a reasonably reputable manufacturer) you can get for the best price.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

TECH TALK, BEEYATCH!!!!!

But since you're already here, I just bought some Line Invader Minis for my 10-year-old. They're light, fat (80 underfoot, that's pretty wide for a kid who doesn't even weigh 90 pounds) and cheap. And most important, they have cool graphics.

might I add to the preceeding post [size=10]JONG[/siz]
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    might I add to the preceeding post [size=10]JONG[/siz]
    Nice work Patrick.

you all are fucking dumb but a few he wants some newschool skis like twin tips you fucks ...hey dude go to rei and pick up the mini enemys good little ski for a littl eripper plus at rei you can return them after a few years
    http://www.sierrapassport.com/nsicons/animated/badgerdance.gif