Prefered Bindings

I just got a pair of Head Monster 103 and I was wondering what everybody would recomend I get for a binder. Looking at the P14 right now, any others I should consider?

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but if you have any binders for sale please let me know. Thanks

And another question not related to binders, but related to new skis. Should I hot-wax my skis before I ride them? They are brand new, but I'm not sure if waxing is necessary before skiing a new ski.
    Last edited by SafteySquad; 12-11-2005 at 11:16 AM.

P14s are solid.

p18s or 916s if yer a hucker.

Check marshalls thread.
    Drive slow, homie.

Rossi, Looks are my favorite for fat skis, second is Tyrolias. Tyrolias will run you less. Get one with the free flex and diagonal heel or if you can find some reasonable the Railflex are sweet, just make sure you get the diagonal heel, which any tyrolia with a Din of 14 will come with.

I run Tyrolias on my 'skinny' skis.
    Driving to Targhee

Tyyrolia HD12 or HD14 are sweet. i run HD12's on my 777s and they are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    P14s are solid.

p18s or 916s if yer a hucker.

Check marshalls thread.
    Second that. The Fischer FR17 and Tyrolia Mojo are also good. Bending the P18/FKS brakes sucks, but the bindings are great.

Yea, the Mojo binders are underrated. I like them.

I run Look/Rossi on most of my sticks though.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

bump for my new "jong" question

i tend to wax and hand file edges before use.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by SafteySquad
    And another question not related to binders, but related to new skis. Should I hot-wax my skis before I ride them? They are brand new, but I'm not sure if waxing is necessary before skiing a new ski.
    New skis come with a protective wax; not a ski wax. Some people reccomend 10-20 coats so the wax really soaks into the base. Plus you have time for a few beers.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

If you can find a hotbox, put a layer of something soft Swix BP88, CH10, toko yellow on and hot box them, then wax them with a harder wax and you should be set for a good while.

Does anybody have access to a hotbox near Boulder? And the knowledge to use such a thing since I just learned they existed and still have no idea what the purpose is. Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course repaid with beer.

Look any shop around boulder that sells nordic skis should have one. Or you could just wax your skis a whole bunch of times, but for the $20 that ashop will usually charge you for wax and hotboxing would be worth it to me as time and wax spent.

thanks powwrangler.

Salomons, looks, rossis....

I thought my tyrollias were nice till they started releasing randomly. *Cranks DIN* "I don't understand why they keep releasing!"

I have yet to release on my old school salomons, and thats the way I want it.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog
    New skis come with a protective wax; not a ski wax. Some people reccomend 10-20 coats so the wax really soaks into the base. Plus you have time for a few beers.
    Yes, but if they didn't drink would they put all those coats of wax on there?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DINMS
    Yes, but if they didn't drink would they put all those coats of wax on there?
    No, they would pay a shop $20 (I guess powwrangler doesn't drink).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.