Thumbs up Portland, Ho! (come summer)

So the die has been cast and the wheels are in motion.

Portland area appears to be the winnah. (cheers and love from the portland camp while the SLC camp stumbles around the party headquarters looking for the exit)

Crystal and Bachelor shall be my playgrounds while the bc shall call my name as well. I hope to personally inspect the Walawas (sp?) and etch in a few new areas for maggitude.

This move shall also help me attend those things called summits. It will improve my Canada attendance as well as my frequent trips to Alta/Snowbird/BCC (woodsy I have love for you Hank the III not withstanding)

We will be moving in the June/July time after a quick 3/4 month layover in Anchortown.

So if anyone has beta on the place/areas to look to live. I would appreciate it.

I will greatly miss Alaska and will always consider myself "from" there. However you can't stay stagnant forever, and especially in the fecal enhanced surroundings that are Valdizzo. My love and non-love for this town have finally bubbled up to the moving point.

There are new mountains to climb, new streams to fish and new surroundings to get accustomed too in the future...........

Tally HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    So the die has been cast and the wheels are in motion.

Portland area appears to be the winnah.

So if anyone has beta on the place/areas to look to live. I would appreciate it.
    Look forward to having you in P-town Odin, I've been here almost 10 years and probably will never call anywhere else my homebase. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true.
    Shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and I can give you some info/my cell #.

Do not live near me (North Portland).

It's a shitty area.

Depends where in North Portland. Alberta/Mississippi area used to be driveby central 5 years ago, now it's an art/restaurant hub. True, some areas aren't quite there yet...prolly where you live.

I actually live right on Willamette Blvd, my house is awesome. I got lucky though, a lot of the houses around UP (where I go to school) are in some sketchy neighborhoods.

Alberta/Mississippi is pretty nice these days.

Welcome to the Rose City.

I live in the Woodstock Neighborhood. Great Town. Shitloads to do.

And as of this weekend, I have proven to myself that I can make first or so chair at crystal leaving the same morning from PDX.

Quote Originally Posted by extreeski

And as of this weekend, I have proven to myself that I can make first or so chair at crystal leaving the same morning from PDX.
    damn- thats core

I think it's just as tough to make first chair at Meadows on a weekend as it is to make first chair at Crystal.

It's insane how crowded Meadows has been this year.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    I will greatly miss Alaska and will always consider myself "from" there. However you can't stay stagnant forever, and especially in the fecal enhanced surroundings that are Valdizzo. My love and non-love for this town have finally bubbled up to the moving point.

There are new mountains to climb, new streams to fish and new surroundings to get accustomed too in the future...........
    I can relate. Growing up in the 49th still influences who I am today. It shows up unexpectedly at times.

With the crash of salmon prices I was forced to the moving point. Oregon has been a great choice. If I was ever forced to live in a city, Portland would be the one.

You will often hear people say, "The (insert outdoor activity here) in Oregon isn't as good as it is in (insert location here)". For the most part it's true. I'd rather fish AK, Windsurf on Maui and ski in Utah.

What Oregon, and as a city Portland have, is access to almost any sport you can think of. While the venues may be average, the fact that they are all available within a 2 hr drive is somewhat unique. It's easy to do three or more of you favorite activities on the same day.

The fishing is good but different. It's hard at first to get a drag free drift with a size #18 caddis when you're conditioned to throwing 1/0 Egg sucking leeches.

Well I would like something possibly in the nothern area, to cut down on traffic towards WA. However some of that will be dictated by where los girlfriend ends up in the rose city

BTW: The trailblazers still suck.

As long as I can get a place that is warm and doesn't leak in the rain I dont care too much. After all I have been living in trailers, on couches and in cars for the last 2 years.

natty: pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv
    I think it's just as tough to make first chair at Meadows on a weekend as it is to make first chair at Crystal.

It's insane how crowded Meadows has been this year.

Meadows has always been crowded. But the 4 x 4 pass and all the discounted passes have made it even worse. Get ready for january and february weekends. That's when the buses start up.

At least, if you don't make first chair at xtal there's always a fresh line for you if you know where to look.