Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HotTate suxs!

tatertot, there are like 4000 individuals on here, so I wouldn't get steamed if a few didn't like a particular flick. I, for one, like T-dream a lot. Plus, to many here, and I think to the founders of your Firm, TGR has always represented more than just a business, but a way of life and a way to achieve living the dream. As a reflection of that dream, I hope that they are satisfied with this board and the stoke it nourishes for the starved masses. Considering the shit that is spewed here, I think TGR has received relatively little criticism.

Finally, just so you know, and I think that the pic shows it, gonzo is one ripping rider, and I bet he could ski as well as most, too.

ok, hope the hug helped.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

You're right. I don't get it. I've seen one thread that I felt was completly disrepectful and the author was called on it by other forum members. If there's more, I haven't seen them. I don't know where all this other "disrepecting" is happening. What I have seen, more than once, is you, a TGR staffer, ripping on his core clientele. That might also be construed as "a bit disrespectful".

I jumped into this piece of shit thread with the intent of offering you some constructive criticism from someone who's worked as a creative for probably longer than you've been alive. Your loyalty to your company is admirable. You obviously have a passion for what you do and who you do it for. Don't let those things blind you to the fact that your skin needs to thicken up a little.

yeah, this is the most fun i've ever had on this forum. way better than giving away free copies of the movie. cheeper too.

I haven't seen much disrespect either. Maybe I missed it.

TGR movies have become bigger budget and more appealing to a wider audience. Just the soundtrack is an example of that - a little bit of everything. I think you're doing a great job with it. Just because I love Immersion and Sinners doesn't mean that's what I expect from a TGR movie.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

All I have to say is:

Oh, and I wasn't a huge fan of the latest movie either. I don't know why, exactly... I just walked away thinking that I should have stayed home to finish my economics assignment and bought High Life on DVD. Mix Master Mike was pretty good, though.

Hey, I rule at photography! I should go pro.

This thread is silly.

Tate was either yanking you guys all over the charts, or taking things too seriously - either way, talk is cheap, and the Experience is all that matters. Yeah, I didn't think the Dream was ultra-double-secret-proby-proby wicked disgusting relative to all the films I've seen in the past five years (personally, my all time fav is High Life), but that's probably only because I'm so conditioned to how FUCKING INSANE the pros and pro filmers are these days. Can you even begin to imagine how the lines in Dream FELT to ski/ride/film/experience? From that context, I think we'd ALL agree, the flick gets two huge boners up.

This reminds us that the Experience always trumps the Recording.

Those of you (us) who are fortunate enough to be riding pow right now had better be, like the PacNW Posse, the Idaho Idiots, the Jackson Joners, and the Colorado Clusterfuck seem to be.

Because those of you (us) who can't are left to pretend to quibble about how inferm the last (insert media/trick/bowel movement here) was.

And well...that's silly (although sometimes it's all we've got)!
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-04-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

I loved Tangerine Dream...although I'm still waiting for a package. hint hint. I love the travel, the stoke, the progression, the pow, the vibe, its all just plain and simple goodness!!
    Here's to TGR partly from me and partly from my gf.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Because those of you (us) who can't are left to pretend to quibble about how inferm the last (insert media/trick/bowel movement here) was.
    Yeah, I was just thinking to myself about how many times I have had to hit the head today. But now all I am thinking about is how inferm those mammaries are.

attaboy, take the dialogue up a notch!

inferm
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

dude, i sent out the packages to the winners the other day. i dont know if the canadian package will make it there, but its coming. i forgot to put stickers in there though. (sorry i'm retarded) i hope you maggots hate the fuckin movie. Come to our parties, hang with our athletes, drink our free beer, listen to our entertainment, get your free swag, and go back home and tell everyone on the forum that you should have stayed home and done your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate
    dude, i sent out the packages to the winners the other day. i dont know if the canadian package will make it there, but its coming. i forgot to put stickers in there though. (sorry i'm retarded) i hope you maggots hate the fuckin movie. Come to our parties, hang with our athletes, drink our free beer, listen to our entertainment, get your free swag, and go back home and tell everyone on the forum that you should have stayed home and done your homework.
    Not to forget pay $15 to see your movie, purchase your merchendise and provide a spot for the CFO to waste company time.

Drink our free beer.
    Free beer? Dude, I'm so there.

BobMc

Thanks for sending it. I am eagerly awaiting the mailbox.
    HotTate gets some huge thumbs up! I still can't get over how few people participated in the contest. Such a golden oppurtunity.

I guess what you're missing here is that most of us don't come to your parties, hang with your athletes, drink your free beer, or get any free swag. At least not any more than going to a Warren Miller movie, buying a beer, maybe catching a t-shirt and having a poster signed by an athlete is doing those things. Unless, of course, you consider all maggot gatherings to somehow be TGR events... which is kinda silly.

I don't know if you're really serious, HT, but I look at this whole thing like I do a church group. TGR's message boards are where the maggot congregation currently meets, but the congregation is not defined by the physical structure or location that it calls home, but rather by the people who comprise it.

Maybe that's heretical, but for some reason I was reminded of the meetings where my church congregation decided to move to a new building/location, and how there were lots of emotions and memories to tie us up, but in the end the space doesn't matter. The organ, the stained glass, the wooden pews... none of it is necessary.

So yea, I may come to a TGR movie over MSP or WM because of the board, but if it comes down to it there's nothing to keep me here other than the people.

Anyway, back to homework. I spent $20 and 1/2 grade on The Tangerine Dream... can't afford more than that.

i'm looking for something else good to give away next time. how about my old Public Enemy's with no edges? Maybe i can get one of the athletes to do a painting. If you had a choice, which athletes/ TGR founders painting would you want?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack
    I don't know if you're really serious, HT, but I look at this whole thing like I do a church group.
    what the hell are you talking about? church groups, organs, warren miller, "i spent $20 and 1/2 grade"? "you consider all magot gatherings a TGR function?" NO. It would be cool if the MSP premier was considered a TGR function because the maggots were there though!

I have to say I'm a bit offended after reading more of this. Seems as though there's the sentiment by HotTate, and hopefully only him, that the maggots are using TGR.

I pimp the shit out of TGR. I suggest the movies to all my non-mag friends. I get them all to come out to the local showing of the newest movie and tell them it's going to be the best one they see. I point out during the Nissan commercials that TGR did it. I know I'm not the only that does this.

Last year when I went to the Summit, I came back and told everyone how fucking awesome it was that half the TGR crew came out to the avalanche party and took their time to chill with the mags.

The last thing I want to do is use TGR so I can be part of a community. If you think that's the case, kick us all out. We'll go somewhere else; it's been done before.

Definitely no free beer at the premiere I went to. Do I have to know a secret handshake for that?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss
    Definitely no free beer at the premiere I went to. Do I have to know a secret handshake for that?
    Usually if you have titties, and you show them, that works.

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham
    Usually if you have titties, and you show them, that works.

people usually start dry-heaving when I do that.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss
    Snorkeldeep and I managed to get into the free beer zone at the NYC show. Unfortunately we arrived after they drank all the free beer. This really sucked, because I could have bought a 12 pack at the local Stewarts for what a bottle of beer cost at the Avalon.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham
    If you think that's the case, kick us all out. We'll go somewhere else; it's been done before.
    I'm dont have the power to kick anyone out and i wouldn't want to. If i'm really that pissed i'll just stop loggin in. I dont care if people use us. that's what we're here for. If gaffney wants to get ideas for his next movie, good! If waiting game wants to talk about their "first ever HD movie" and how "its worth the wait", great! If team 13 want to let everyone know where their tour stops are, enjoy. I'm all for it! If people want to hate me fine. but dont get my shit talking confused with narrow mindedness. I'm not trying to shut people up.

i'm quitting the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    i'm quitting the internet.
    it's about time.

what the hell are you talking about? church groups, organs, warren miller, "i spent $20 and 1/2 grade"? "you consider all magot gatherings a TGR function?" NO. It would be cool if the MSP premier was considered a TGR function because the maggots were there though!
    Either you are a pretty incompetent chap, or your sarcasm sucks, either way, you should chill the fuck out Hot Tate.