Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KW - The K-factor really does exitst - 12/02/05 TR

WOW....CAW....FINALLY, WE HAVE SNOW!

Music: Breakage - 'Ask Me'

Half of Kirkwood was warm hot sticky dirt just a week ago.

I have no idea how much snow they got last night but it was measured with a yardstick. Dave Schwartz on the weather channel wasn't really calling for a bluebird day...but I'll take it.

Chair 5 was frozen, and Chair 6 wasn't going to open for at least two hours, so I waited with Lou to take one mellow untracked pow run under chair 6, to wait in line with Lph, and AKA for second chair.

Second Chair!!!

Doesn't look too bad....

Someone had first tracks the whole way down this

AKA, on Jims....

AKA, thank yewwwwwwww!

Lou's turn - He's committed now...

...gets a faceshot in the compression

We then ventured out passed Rabbit' Runs, and I guess nobody else thought it would be any good considering these are my tracks from the previous runs.

Belly of Oops now killed....

Traversing out into Wagon Wheel....Lou decided to rock down this...

Just below the Notch, Patrol set off this beauty

Nice crown...

And debris all the way down to the drain...

Walter and I decided to blaze trail and get some cold smoke down here...

Last edited by skier666; 05-25-2011 at 02:58 PM.

gorgeous! I can't believe the coverage is that good. hopefully it's not all wrecked up for tomorrow...

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

O HYEAH!!!!!

TOMOORRWO TOMMROWOWO TOMORROWWW !!!! TOMORRO!!!!

I hate you all. Do you hear me???
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Those pics are boner-inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp
    Loud and clear.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp
    I hate all of you more.......

take pics please.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

SOOOOOO stoked for my first ever Kwood experience this winter. ...that is if I can find the time to make it up! I'll do my damnedest...

Quote Originally Posted by Particle
    SOOOOOO stoked for my first ever Kwood experience this winter. ...that is if I can find the time to make it up! I'll do my damnedest...
    Payback on the sun slush in one week
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle
    Doooooo it!!!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Damn, that looks like a fine day. You guys must have been pummeled by this storm.

G4s or Spatulas...G4s or Spatulas...

nice one skier666!

the straightline pic of aka is
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by bcrider
    the straightline pic of aka is
    Pussy shoulda taken it from the top.

"I am beautiful, no?"

dat shit's dope... please more =D
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're goin' and hook up with 'em later.

Damn and I figured Cohee was on crack for the snow totals he was bablin about on the updates.

Yet another gnar 666 report. get sum pow

Question

skier666,
    How can he be so skinny and live so phat?

You did not just say that....

And I'm spent.

What a great day out there. Pow turns were had all day and it was great to ski with all the usual suspects again. Fack, this year is gonna be awesome.

Holy Sheeite!! I am tired, spent, and happy. AND I CAN SKI AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! I took it easy the first day on the new ACL but dam it was fun. A couple of warm up runs on 11 then off to 6. Hit up Pali and got some freshies then followed the crew down to wait for 10. It wasn't gonna happen so we went to 11 and hooked up with THumper for a few runs (good to see you out there again) then went in for a little break. When we got out we noticed a line forming for the wall so we got in it. Half hour later and we are on the 15th or so chair (with 666 just ahead of us). Slides had there way with most of the upper bowl but the tree shots around waterfall were absolute goodness. Then over to Eagle bowl and a couple runs there in more untracked pow. I was getting a little tired so DG and I called it quits a little after two but it did feel great to get out there again.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

nice pics C...

Squaw only opened the kiddie lifts up top today and were offering "spring sking" discounted ticket prices of $46 for the day instead of $65......conditions had to be bad for them to do that.... so I bagged it and drove home early

Huckasoreass's awesome poach wasn't an option

didn't have my laptop so I didn't see this Kwood thread and made the assumption that every other Tahoe resort was the same damn it

at least you guys got some, kudos
    Last edited by SquawMan; 12-03-2005 at 07:44 PM.
    Squaw really, really really , really sucks! Stay away

SquawMan - That BLOWS!!!

I hate to say this but today was probably even better. Nice cool temps, blue sky, skiing with the family and all the maggots. We got some 'first of the season' rippin' groomers, some super cold blower at the chair 10 opener, run after run untracked in Eagle Bowl under the Cirque. Hucks were thrown down all over the place...by everyone.

...it was rad. I'll post a proper TR with the highlights tomorrow night.

It was damn cold today! In the teens all day. Still fresh untouched lines below Palisades and the lines of Chair 10 were very nice out of the avy debris. I saw your tracks in Jims and all I can say is nice! No way would I give up that much base. I'm not worthy to share the mountain with you guys, but conditions were great for the first day out.

The season pass line was all the way into the plaza. They finally gave us exempt tickets, and I collected the pass in the PM. Then visited Mountain Utilities and wrote the whole thing off.