"Family Guy" 11/27

Holy shit -- I TiVOed it and finally watched it last night. I truly believe they're trying to get tossed off the air.

Highlights: Brian and Stewie "testing" the existence of the invisible wife of Lois' Brother by putting a Cucumber on the couch where she was supposedly sitting. The proof would be it turning into a pickle....

(Later)Lois: Hey, who left this pickle on the couch?
    Brian: Hey Stewie! It worked!
    Stewie: No Way! Awesome!

Peter starting a club for fat people and trying to call them to order. After a minute one fat man crashes through his chair and nobody moves.

After Lois' brother is sent to the Asylum:

Lois: We can go visit your Uncle every month in the Hospital!
    Chris: We'll be like his period!

Say what you will about the Simpsons and South Park, for my 30 minutes I think Family Guy packs more bang for the buck than any show on TV.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I think that volume 3 came out this week, or if it hasn't come out yet it's purt near. I have only seen I think 3 of the new episodes but damn! When they are shopping for milk and chris gets pulled into the Ah-Ha video for "Take on me"....awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

i thought i saw some previews about them coming out w/ some dvd only or R-rated episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Holy shit

Say what you will about the Simpsons and South Park, for my 30 minutes I think Family Guy packs more bang for the buck than any show on TV.
    I agree, I'm a long time Simpsons fan, but Family Guy is pulling ahead big time. The raunch and wit is unmatched.

No doubt in my mind that The Family Guy is funnier and more clever than The Simpsons. That's not to say The Simpsons isn't still funny, but The Family Guy is better. American Dad on the other hand I am not a big fan.

Soo many great picks from this season:

Stewie to old Hooker: So is there any tread left on the tires, or is it like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie to Anika Sorenstam: Soo, Anika Sorenstam, the best female golfer in the world...
    Stewie hanging from under Anika's skirt: HAAA! I knew it!

Epicac Episode:
    Brian to Peter: Hold my ears!
    Brian: **BLAAGH!!**

Favorite Family Guy episode - the one in which the father acts out as a special needs case.

"Ladies and Gentlemen.....Testicles."

An awesomely subversive show.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I thought the best part of the episode was when the doctor kept scaring the crap out of Lois and Peter.

Since I am always about two years behind everyone else and I don't watch too much TV I just saw Family Guy for the first time last month, it is freaking great. I watch Fox on Sunday and then the back to back episodes on TBS on Monday.

family guy?

you guys must be retahded

hmmm...better call all your old girlfriends and tell 'em you're retahded.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie Fufkin
    Since I am always about two years behind everyone else and I don't watch too much TV I just saw Family Guy for the first time last month, it is freaking great. I watch Fox on Sunday and then the back to back episodes on TBS on Monday.
    don't forget the episodes on adult swim (cartoon network) in the middle of the night
    I keep a mirror in my pocket and i practice looking hard.

seth mcfarlane wishes he were matt groening.

he can't be as original as the simpsons, so he has to take a more controversial route. you can almost trace every family guy episode back to the simpsons episode he copies. if only butters would show up every once in a while to remind him.

not to take away from the show (i watch every episode), but i think it's actually getting better. they still rely on the "it's like that time _______" joke set ups, but a little less than before.
    fine

I still think it is just not in the same league as the Simpsons. I still may laugh out loud more during the Family Guy though.

One thing I've noticed about the Family Guy is how they drag all these totally random pop culture references into animated form. Like the Ah-Ha video, like Kool-Aid man, like the A-team, like He-Man, like the Naked Gun intro, like the Chicken fight montage, etc. The stuff is really cool, really well done, well commited to, really funny, and neat that he thought to throw that in an episode, but it is still all just a direct copy. Original in execution, but unoriginal in content.

For example, whereas the Simpsons will take something like the Ladie's Red Hat club, parody it, and form it into the plot of the episode, Family Guy just copies something and puts it in the middle of the episode.

That being said, I go out of my way to watch the show, and pretty much laugh for 22min while watching.
    As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

family guy will never top the episode where peter walks in on the cookie monster trying to make cookies with a spoon and a lighter in a bathroom stall.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by scoober
    One thing I've noticed about the Family Guy is how they drag all these totally random pop culture references into animated form. Like the Ah-Ha video, like Kool-Aid man, like the A-team, like He-Man, like the Naked Gun intro, like the Chicken fight montage, etc. The stuff is really cool, really well done, well commited to, really funny, and neat that he thought to throw that in an episode, but it is still all just a direct copy. Original in execution, but unoriginal in content.
    I dig it for that utter randomness.