Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    If you are going to ditch her, at least send me her number so I can forward it to a friend. He needs all the help he can get.
    Get 'em while they're young, eh?

I think the over-under for the time it took guys to cheat on their HS sweetharts was about 6hrs at UVM.

Get the Freerides instead of the Naxos.

maybe you can get her to buy the Naxos for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Gosey
    This thread got me in deep shit.

Just for the record...

She found this thread

Keystone/A-Basin
    Nov. 25-27
    Max Gosey and girlfriend Renee (future mag, hopefully)...
    This thread got me in deep shit.

Just for the record...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    She found this thread

So did she pull the trigger on you?

Welcome Renee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

come out come out wherever you are....

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    I think this thread scared the shit out of her. I think this thread made her hate maggots. I think this thread made it illegal for me to mention her online because I'm not supposed to "talk to a bunch of complete strangers about our relationship."

She assumed that what I said meant that our relationship was coming to an end, which is NOT TRUE. I simply didn't feel obligated to announce my intentions.

I intend to work at it and see what happens. She told me that she is willing to compromise and live in a cold climate, which is an extremely good sign for the future. Details beyond that are superfluous.

And from here on out I will respect her wishes--as I respect her--and would ask courteously that she not be discussed on here. Until perhaps she is a maggot and a maggot wedding is announced. Or not. Who knows? I would appreciate it if talk about Renee were kept to a minimum. Thank you kindly.

Thanks, roo for the reassurance. Good man.

Now I hear many good things about naxos, that they are a significant improvement over the prior models. That the pivot point makes them kick ass... And I think my parents may have pulled the trigger already for Christmas...

Who wants to "Tech Talk, bitch" me?
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Well hello boys!

Please be gentle with poor little Maxwell. since moving away from the Bayou he's been struggling with his sexual identity.

Max I really hope you'll find your dream boy soon and be completely happy. it's obvious to all of us who know you that moving to the mountains hasn't resolved the issues you've been having for so long.

Perhaps if you were honest with all your friends here at Tetton Gravity you might meet a like minded individual.
    Last edited by Renee; 12-05-2005 at 05:00 PM.

thou shall not engage in activities that seriuosly jeapordize your ability to go for

der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen
    der pooperhausen

Now Give 'Er!!
    Der Pooperhausen, it's where it's at baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee
    Well hello boys!

it's obvious to all of us who know you that moving to the mountains hasn't resolved the issues you've been having for so long.
    I'd say it has. I ski more. A fuckload more.

Boys are a completely unrelated issue. I suppose you're right.

Heh, I should have known it was only a matter of time.

On a barely related note: we need to develop a concensus--is it pooperhausen, or poopenhausen?

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

You mean she doesn't want the intimate details of your relationship...

...spread through cyberspace?

How unreasonable. She must be PMSing. We still want the pics.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    ...spread through cyberspace?

How unreasonable. She must be PMSing. We still want the pics.
    I'll start an auction thread soon.

I find it very funny that she found this thread. Max: what_were_you_thinking? Serious dude. Der Pooperhausen's got a point. Jeapordizing in through the out isn't good planning.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

On a barely related note: we need to develop a concensus--is it pooperhausen, or poopenhausen?
    Max, if you can get some fine young honey to take it in the rear you can call it whatever you like!

Just don't tell the maggots if she knows about tgr. Best to keep all talk of your 'wierd cyber space friends' to yourself.

if it's your only time to ever climb to the top of the mountain, you will believe that one particular view to be the ultimate. however, upon climbing many other mountains you will come to know that the views are different yet all spectacular. with age, perspective will develop.

more than likely, you will remember all of this a few years from now with a shrug. the intensity and commanding power of the emotions will have faded. life will have moved on, and things will be different. you will also be different.

don't overburden yourself with sorrows, young werther. enjoy the lightness of your being. have fun. choose a direction and move toward that direction with confidence. it's kind of a waste to feel worried and troubled by the prospect of choosing between two worthy alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga
    if it's your only time to ever climb to the top of the mountain, you will believe that one particular view to be the ultimate. however, upon climbing many other mountains you will come to know that the views are different yet all spectacular. with age, perspective will develop.

more than likely, you will remember all of this a few years from now with a shrug. the intensity and commanding power of the emotions will have faded. life will have moved on, and things will be different. you will also be different.

don't overburden yourself with sorrows, young werther. enjoy the lightness of your being. have fun. choose a direction and move toward that direction with confidence. it's kind of a waste to feel worried and troubled by the prospect of choosing between two worthy alternatives.
    Stinky hippy talk.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I think this thread scared the shit out of her. I think this thread made her hate maggots. I think this thread made it illegal for me to mention her online because I'm not supposed to "talk to a bunch of complete strangers about our relationship."

You did NOT talk to a bunch of stangers, you're talking to fellow maggots. For women, thier circle of close girlfriends can function like this bunch does for the maggots. Ask her if she talks about your relationship. With ANYONE.
    It's just an unfortuntate side effect of the medium the maggots use than anyone in the world can "listen in". "Listening in" though is not the same as talking.

From this collective you got good, bad, and really bad advice, some good & bad examples from the past, and some completely irrelevent razzing.
    Your current lifestage is partially about figuring out what works for you and what does not. How better to figure that out than to use this space as a way to ask and get perspective so that you can figure out what's best for you.
    BTW, Great job explaining your POV Max. No one who reads misunderstands your stance. Some may disagree with the conclusion, but that's them, not you.

I give you both a big thumb's up for living thru and enjoying a lesson day together. That is VERY hard to do without some kind of fight. This tells me that your relationship is strong so it has a high likelyhood of standing up to the tests of time.

Best of luck to you both.
    Last edited by TomK; 12-05-2005 at 05:52 PM.
    Good runs when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga
    don't overburden yourself with sorrows, young werther. enjoy the lightness of your being.
    Talk about a mixed metaphor...

hmmm I taught my GF how to ski on a quarter inch of snow on a road leading to school because the very litte sunday trafic made it a perferct groomer consistency, she was snowplowing like a champ and I had a nice skate ski up and down the road
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Did she get any after the skiing was done?

I didn't!

She told me that she is willing to compromise and live in a cold climate, which is an extremely good sign for the future.
    I bet she's already picked out the china pattern and the kids' names, too.

Congratulations.
    Keep it off my wave...Soundgarden

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Renee
    Did she get any after the skiing was done?

I didn't!
    Hey baby. You DO know I wanted to penetrate right? Cause I really wanted too. Seriously. Like real bad. Just wanted to let you know while we have this moment here together.

Cool. I guess i'll see you next year.

I love you.
    I need some badly

Quote Originally Posted by Max Gosey's Subconscious
    Hey baby. You DO know I wanted to penetrate right? Cause I really wanted too. Seriously. Like real bad. Just wanted to let you know while we have this moment here together.

Cool. I guess i'll see you next year.

I love you.
    You're in Denial sweetie. You were as soft as those big blue skis of yours.

Please everyone help Maxwell to be honest with himself and come out of the closet. Don't let him be TGR's answer to Tom Cruise.
    Not getting any from Max Gosey - but heh at least no one else is either!

i don't mean to interrupt the conversation between max's subconscious and renee, but here's a bit of a related story...

i was w/ a girl for 8 years (from jr. yr HS) to a few months ago... sure there were a couple 'breaks' and things, but i never had another actual girlfriend. first couple years were spent in the same big city, next couple in different states. after graduation, we moved in together... 6 months ago i bought a house w/ her (thankfully only in my name). 2 months later i broke up w/ her. not because i was unhappy, but because doubts finally started to creep in. i'm a completely different person than the last time i was single (17 yrs old) and i had no idea what that's like. it's hard to see it coming, but i think i would have done both of us a favor if i realized that earlier.

i guess my point is that even if she is the one you want to end up with, it's not necessarily the best idea to stay with her the entire time. perhaps it's just a type of personality, but i now know that if i end up w/ my ex, it's because i knew all my options, and not because i made an uneducated decision or was too scared to be single.

-ljm
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.