Ski Time magazine horrible

So I ordered the mag off Freeskier cause it said it was free.

Worst magazine I've ever ordered. Really ashamed that any players in the industry aka W/B. K2 or any of the dozen others spent money on this mag.

Even though its free its a disgrace to the industry

What the rest of you maggots think

Haven't seen it yet.

Why is it so bad?

Didn't see that one yet. I'd love to start a skiing magazine. I've been in the printing industry for 20 years. Starting a new publication is not as easy as it looks. Maybe they are playing to a different demographic than you? I suppose as a postman, maybe you just don't like carrying them to the mailbox? (ha)

Edit: okay, well the web site sucks pretty bad, but I would still love to give it a shot some day...
    http://www.skitimemag.com/st/
    Last edited by riderspro; 11-22-2005 at 12:28 AM.

I sense much anger from you young postman. Chill out, it’s a mag for groms. It has some dumb stuff… some funny stuff… and a few really good pictures (check out TJ’s double grab). Since it is not geared toward your demographic (unless you’re around 14years old) you’re not necessarily supposed to like it...

What's a magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Wintergarden
    What's a magazine?
    You have 4 posts and this is what you chose to say?

In other news, I have a nomination...
    I always end up picking Ski Mag up from the bookstore, just for something to read in the bathroom... but after this month I'm not so sure I'm going to do that anymore. I could hardly find articles about skiing. I'd flip to a page... its about cars... another page is about a house... flip a few more pages and its about cheese or something. The only skiing thing I randomly flipped to was a HUGE article on the best family resorts. I think i need to take a scaple to it to cut out all the crap and be left with a sweet 11 page magazine.

it's another ski magazine, it's free, I don't see why it's a disgrace, seems like mo $$$ 4 skiing, schussss.....

Pickels - You missed the best part of Ski magazine this month since you aren't a subscriber. The copy I got in the mail came with a second magaize called Mountain Living (or something like that). The magazine had nothing to do with skiing and very little to do with mountain living. It seemed to be targeted at that very small demographic of people that can afford to purchase 5 bedroom 7 bath homes and leave them empty 51 weeks of the year. They had a couple of articles that might have appealed to people who own condos, but in general it was all about designing custom mega-mansions and then pretending that you're not a rich asshole.

Hey SoCal, isn't that your target market you speak so harshly about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas
    Hey SoCal, isn't that your target market you speak so harshly about?
    haha!

Guys it's a jibber magazine. It's a replacement attempt at Freeze. Did you like Freeze? Of course not. You aren't 12 and you have no steeze.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels
    I always end up picking Ski Mag up from the bookstore, just for something to read in the bathroom...
    Whoa...you PAY for Ski Magazine? Dude it's a controlled-circulation pub, they'll send it to ANYONE for free so they can tell their advertisers they have big sub numbers. I get three copies a month (and two of SKIING, same deal), I can't get them to stop sending them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Whoa...you PAY for Ski Magazine? Dude it's a controlled-circulation pub, they'll send it to ANYONE for free so they can tell their advertisers they have big sub numbers. I get three copies a month (and two of SKIING, same deal), I can't get them to stop sending them.

Anyone have one of those links for a free subscription to Skiing? Mine is about to run out and I want to renew it.

I just got this mag and thought it was super-duper radical.
    sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by postman22
    Really ashamed that any players in the industry aka W/B. K2 or any of the dozen others spent money on this mag.

Even though its free its a disgrace to the industry
    Why are you personally ashamed ???? That is weird.

I think you have some kind of problem that this free magazine bothers you this much. Why is it a disgrace to the industry?

I received this magazine and thought it was not bad for a free , first issue magazine. In my opinion it's better than Ski and Skiing......these magazines are useless.

kind of harsh to mention ski and skiing magazine together- skiing is at least about skiing, whereas a resort review in SKI focuses almost solely on base resort amentities and wine tasting (and come on, who drinks to enjoy the taste?)

post man you are not as cool as Ski Time.

everyone is off topic...

he was talking about a new publication called Ski Time. It's an offshoot of freeskier and geared toward an even younger demographic... not SKI magazine which covers mostly (as previously mentioned) billion dollar homes, cheese tasting, and articles on how to make the perfect stem christy.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest417

he was talking about a new publication called Ski Time. ... not SKI magazine
    Really? no shit?

It's not a bad mag considering who's editing it. It's not like any of us who lack formal journalism training could produce anything like ski time.

let me make some clarifications about what i didnt like.

first of all whoever said its like freeze is way off. freeze was the first magazine that relaly made skiing for me and my former east coast guys fun again in a really long time. to say that freeze is like ski time magazine is ridiculous in itself. the last year that freeze was in publication it really went downhill prob cause thats what transworld wanted to be put in it but before it was a damn good publication.

all i see in ski time magazine is ads. i think theres one or two articles in the whole thing. otherwise its just ads and more ads. the quality of photos isn't very high.

and no im not talking about Ski magazine

Got mine in the mail today.
    I'd have to agree that it's a pretty crappy looking mag, in fact worst skiing mag ever besides for Ski. Bad pictures...the whole main article is pics by the editor...I guess it keeps the costs down but it looks like snapshots taken with disposables. Horrible layout-I have to squint to read most stuff because there's so many bright neon colors going on. And the adds...god damn.
    That being said.
    It's free, so if they want to keep sending it to me I can dig it. Props to them.
    And its demographic is for 12 year olds. This is clear and obvious and with that in mind if I was 12 years old and lived in the east where rails are king I'd dig the mag big time.
    It's shit, but it's free and therefore its all good in my book.

I haven't seen the magazine yet though I did sign up for a subscription, but is there really that many more advertisements than any other ski magazine?

Either way the magazine is free and it's targeted to a younger crowd, maybe that's why you can't read the print, oldie. But I can't see how another ski magazine especially a free one is bad for the ski industry?

hahah wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    For some reason (likely PSIA membership or something), wifey and I each get Ski magazine. Then for some reason, they also send me golf magazine, but wifey doesn't get that one. Okay, so maybe the target demo for Ski magazine is also likely to golf in the summer if they are male. They have no way of knowing that the only golf I participate in involves a frisbee. For the past year, I have also started getting Latina magazine along with my issues of Ski and Golf, and they all seem like they came off the same mailing list. I just have no clue how the fuck this occurred. Do Golf and Latina share mailing lists or something? They will not stop sending me Latina magazine, and they seem completely uninterested in the fact that I am a.) male and b.) of Irish descent and thus c.) not Latina.

Sorry for the tangent, but I know how you gentlemen like your husky latin women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but I know how you gentlemen like your husky latin women.
    Exactly.

many skiers like golf, hence skiers receive golf magazine for free
    many skiers like husky latina women, hence many skiers receive latina magazine for free

Makes perfect sense to me, just think of it as a freebie for the spank bank
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.