Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Might be mentioned on one of the other pages, but no "victory laps". Don't bump your thread when the items sells, just edit your post to say the item is sold.

This thread is about Guidelines for SELLERS. But I can't find Guidelines for BUYERS on TGR Gear Swap. I searched but found nothing for any topic like "BEFORE YOU ESCALATE DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS - READ THIS"

My Current Case:
    No point in jumping to wild conclusions—I just want a disputed transaction on Gear Swap to get sorted out within the “right” timeframe. If I rush it, then Maggots will deem ME the asshole. But if I wait patiently too long, then Maggots will deem me the sucker. So help me get it right.

1) What is the Gear Swap Guideline for how many days that a Buyer should wait patiently for Seller to communicate to address dispute resolution?
    Like wait patiently for 10 days of zero replies before escalating? Or 30 days? Or what?

My Case:
    Seller replied 10 days ago and acknowledged that he read my message disputing the contents of the package. But after that, 10 days of zero replies to my multiple TGR PM’s and email messages, even though his TGR Profile has been displaying that he has been having continual “Activity” on TGR Forums, including his most recent “Activity” on TGR Forums was at a specific time earlier today.

2) After Buyer lets a recommended number of days pass with zero replies, what is the Gear Swap Guideline for next step for Buyer to escalate attempts for dispute resolution?
    Like maybe post a new public thread asking if any Maggots are friends with the Seller and can provide alternate ways to contact him (like phone number?, alternate email address? etc.)? Or is that a dick move to go public with it before fully exhausting unconventional private contact methods, like snail mail letter to the Seller’s return address written on the disputed package? Or try to make Seller’s smartphone “ding” with a notification via the Buyer initiating a PayPal request for 1 cent? Or what?

Resolution could be much easier if people just replied to their PM's &/or emails.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-21-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

OK, I found one data point which votes for a 7-day wait, from 12 years ago, haha.

from https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...80#post1470980

Quote Originally Posted by skimasterflex View Post
    I think the official callout timeframe ought to be 7 days without communication.

It is one thing to be in contact and lead someone on or simply communicate unforseeable circumstances.

...If he can get to the bank to take your money he can get to a computer and at least bullshit you. Not replying at all is a 90% for sure shitty situation.

Sure there are the random things that come up, that is what makes email and cell phones so convenient.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Its a pretty extraordinary situation where someone can't communicate (or can't tell you that they'll be out of range for a short period). If you're selling something, it's on you to be available (and to not sell something immediately before you head off to Nepal to find yourself).

7 days seems like a more than generous time (even though I think that extending beyond 48 hours constitutes abuse of a maggot).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Time for a call out. Especially if he has been active other areas of trg.

Smells like bullshit to me, and I'm not always the most responsive. Call the fucker out.

Who is it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just a weird pet peeve but I hope it will take hold - and not everyone does this I’d say it’s 50/50 or 60/40, but - after you sell items, could people leave the final selling prices next to the items, see a lot of people replace it with Sold. Having the prices sold or at least some pricing helps future sellers of similar items price things out, and /or be more aggressive if they want to move stuff quickly for mag friendly deals.

/rant

I’m probably just a whiny bitch.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Hey, just a bump and a warning: some hacking shenanigan's have gone on around here recently. My old account fell victim and was posting stuff that didn't exist and was demanding paypal F&F or zelle as direct payment.

As always, remain vigilant. Know who you're dealing with, and even then, if something sounds fishy even with a long term poster, it probably is. I would never demand F&F or zelle only, but I may ask that the buyer cover any fees. Because that's what a reasonable seller would do. I wouldn't have issue confirming the transaction via a phone call or some texts with photos of the product to prove I actually had it. Simple stuff to protect both sides of the transaction.

Bad actors are still out there. They're getting smarter and vbullietin isn't exactly cutting edge. Stay sharp, trade the gear and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Just a weird pet peeve but I hope it will take hold - and not everyone does this I’d say it’s 50/50 or 60/40, but - after you sell items, could people leave the final selling prices next to the items, see a lot of people replace it with Sold. Having the prices sold or at least some pricing helps future sellers of similar items price things out, and /or be more aggressive if they want to move stuff quickly for mag friendly deals.

/rant

I’m probably just a whiny bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Seconded. This should be common practice and I can't believe this needed to be posted.

When you sell, you're setting a current market value that will help sellers (and buyers) down the road, so when you edit to add SOLD, for the love of Ullr leave the fucking price alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Fwiw, I edited the first post 2+ years ago to say just that, but nobody reads this thread anyway.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy