Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    skg143 Guest
    Nice Share,buying used ski equipment can be a great alternative to buying new skis gear,Save money by taking advantage of used ski equipment,but first thing make sure that if you buy used ski equipment from a shop then the shop offers you extended warranties and repair.

Don't ship a fucking thing until you know the money has arrived. I've had a guy telling me for days that he's either buying an air bag I have for sale or that he's transferring the money 'as we speak' and he hasn't transferred shit, apparently hoping I'll ship. There's plenty of stand up people here, but credibility doesn't apply to everyone, especially the johnny come latelys.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    With Gear Swap being a mockery at times, the angery one thought this was necessary...

This place probably the BEST place to sell or buy ski gear on the internet. Good ski gear that is. But there are rules. Rules that if you don't follow, the collective will eat you alive.

Here's a few.

-The Commish said it best, "If you're trying to sell gear here, don't expect to get market prices...unless you're willing to trade gonzo for a router. The standard maggot/minion pricing paradigm is:

50% of current online price (not MSRP)
    -10% per year old
    -10% per times drilled, per core shot, per delam...etc
    -10% per marker binding attatched
    +10-30% for Rare/High-demand item

-EBAY AUCTIONS:
    do NOT post a current auction. You could be fucking over a maggot looking to snipe. "Buy it now" auctions are ok. Posting your own auction is ok. Jokes are ok. One piece XXXXXXXL fagbags are encouraged. We know about ebay and how to use it. Did you hear Bossass scored some 916s for 30 bucks? Sweet, me too.

-If you score something for cheap, and need to sell it at a markup, go for it, but be upfront about it, becasue someone somewhere knows what you paid and will call you out about it and make you look like an ass otherwise.

-It's not worth trying to sell sub 95mm waisted skis here, unless they're very cheap park skis, or VERY CHEAP race stock skis. try epicski.com

-Coming in here your first post trying to unload a tons of things is not the best way to do it. Hang around, read first, post after. And don't spam.

-When you post up your stuff, know the specs. "Volkl powder skis with grey bindings" ain't gonna cut it.

-Pictures. Take em and post em. We understand you've only used them for a season, but many of us ski 100+ day seasons. roo's single day feats are legendary. also, drilled, mounted, ski'd or used in any manner means that they are not new, or even "like new".

-Is it mostly Buyer Beware-Sold as Seen or Make it Right-Whatever It Takes around here? well, If someone is selling skis for 150 bucks with no promises, it's buyer beware. If they're advertising a POS as a mint ski - then that AINT COOL!

-If you are un-realistic about what you are asking, the price police will swoop in and bust you. FWIW, they are usually big, if not bigger, JONG's than you. cracking on a newb cause he wants $50 more than you think his stuff is worth don't make you cool, ace. don't worry about the price police, but following the above guide (guide not RULE), will yield a better chance at a sale.

-Finally do NOT scam, rip off, or lie to a maggot. We are everywhere and we WILL fuck your shit up if you do. This place is unlike any other because there is a trust found here, that you won't find anywhere else. We will ship skis without money in hand, send you free gear for a sixer, take payment at a later date, and generally hook fellow mags up. Check this out for the low down. [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20100"]Meet the Minions[/ame]

The seller is responsible for packaging and shipping the item so that they arrive in the same condition in that they were sold.

The best and easiest way to package skis is to get a ski box from your local ski shop.

Alternatively, you can strap them together with plastic wrap, tightly wrap cardboard around them, and use a bunch of packaging tape to make the package secure. Cut up 2 liter soda bottles make good tip and binding protectors for mounted skis.

USPS is the cheapest shipping option. It is maggot public opinion that UPS blows.

That's all I got right now. Stay the course, and you'll love it here. But just remember, if you start acting a fool, The Commish may drop in and lay down the law. Even worse, the maggots may come in and offer you 800 bucks for your Rossi Cuts.

Feel free to chime in with anything I may have forgotten. Pray for snow.
    Yuuuup! I found heaven and it's full of hellians like meeeeeeeeee! I likevthevtude and tune up sense of this sticky

New kid on the blog

For sale

One pair of brand new vWerks Katanas, never seen the white of snow.
    NOT! I'm gonna ski the shit out of them for at least two years. Then, after the cores have been shot like a junkies arm, maybe I'll sell em for more than I would pay for them.
    Seriously? Don't be a douche bag... Give your used, shit kicked gear to a kid that needs it... For free! That's right... FREE! Try it some time. It feels good.

so i'm pretty new here and i dont know where else to ask this. It might be slightly off topic but I would appreciate any input. I am looking to buy some boots from a guy. He said to pay him over paypal using the friends/family option. I guess there's no way to tell I'm getting scammed until it happens? I've never bought something on here and don't know if there is a 'better' or more common way to make payments or if this is the norm(a bit of trust, which this thread happens to mention). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GrantN View Post
    so i'm pretty new here and i dont know where else to ask this. It might be slightly off topic but I would appreciate any input. I am looking to buy some boots from a guy. He said to pay him over paypal using the friends/family option. I guess there's no way to tell I'm getting scammed until it happens? I've never bought something on here and don't know if there is a 'better' or more common way to make payments or if this is the norm(a bit of trust, which this thread happens to mention). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Yeah, that's pretty standard to avoid the PayPal fees. If they are a long-time mag who has bought and sold a bunch of stuff on here then it's probably safe. If you aren't cool with that you could probably work out adding the 3% to the price and sending it regularly so you get the buyer protections.

thanks, I appreciate that. I already sent him the money as 'friend/family' or whatever it is called. He showed me his ebay account and he's got %100 positive feedback&it goes at least a few years back. So I can only hope it goes as anticipated. Is there some sort of repercussion if it were to be a scammer?

Public shaming.

Garnished wages.

#appstillcantdeleteposts

Maybe this is just me, but it's fucking lame to buy gear at great prices from a mag and then try and flip them on your local CL.

Some mag did you a solid to hook you up with gear, and you're trying to make a quick buck. Go fuck yoself.

Preach! Do you have proof of this? It'd be great to know who the offender is so we don't make the same mistake in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Preach! Do you have proof of this? It'd be great to know who the offender is so we don't make the same mistake in the future
    Do what's right -- if you don't want them, sell them to some mag at the same price you paid.

Bought here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...New-in-Plastic

Screencap of local sale (with skis posted to GS in the trunk) http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/5739965731.html

Car from GS post w/ Chams in the back:
    Last edited by doebedoe; 08-19-2016 at 12:59 PM.

If this is true, coskiguy just became the equivalent of dog shit on my shoe. That's fucked up.

That's some pretty solid evidence. Nice sleuthing.
    Poor form on the buyer unless there's some huge mistaken identity thing going on which, given the GS Blizzard photo seems unlikely.

If true,
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1471631848.840403.jpg
Views: 1737
Size:  70.8 KB

And you're a fucking douche.

For reference, before coskiguy deleted the thread with the attachment I linked above (should've copied it, doh) -- there was a link to a GS thread he started where the Chams were visible in the back of his car (the same one pictured in the CL ad.) This is how I recognized it was the same person on my morning coffee ski-bargain hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    For reference, before coskiguy deleted the thread with the attachment I linked above (should've copied it, doh) -- there was a link to a GS thread he started where the Chams were visible in the back of his car (the same one pictured in the CL ad.) This is how I recognized it was the same person on my morning coffee ski-bargain hunting.
    I saw it after further review as well. It appears to be true. The fact he's not disputing it makes it look even worse. What a dickbag

Yo COSKIGUY, care to enlighten us on this??

This just came to my attention. My two cents below:

Let me be quite clear; I fully respect the community here because I have been helped out by some amazing guys and gals. I personally would never be shady in any way to anyone on here. I am always upfront and honest with everyone I deal with. If I were selling those Chams on the TGR marketplace, I would make it abundantly clear that I had paid 90$.

1) I didn't put up that craigslist post. I sold those Chams to a friend after sending him a picture of them (and a lot of my other gear). Those pics were the ones with my car in the background. He made the ad using those photos after I sold the Chams to him for 115$. I don't feel bad for making 25$ off of the transaction and I don't knock my friend for trying to resell them again to make some money, if he can. They are his skis and he can do whatever he wants with them. He obviously thinks there is more value in the skis than what he paid for. I agree with that. In all honesty, I hope he doesn't sell them and skis them this winter because I have loved ALL of the chams that I own and ski on.

2) The original seller of the Chams had been trying HARD for a LONG TIME to sell those skis and he finally said in a last effort that the skis HAVE TO go so he can get some money to help buy his kid some gear. I bought the skis because they are great skis, they were obviously a good deal (at 90$ new) and to help the guy out - everyone else was wasting his time writing nonsense responses to his post - I bought them and gave him some money to put towards his kid's new gear. Then I proceeded to forego buying a set of touring bindings so that he could buy them and finish getting his kid's setup dialed in. Don't make me out to be the bad guy.

If anyone wants to buy those Chams - I'll let my friend know. Or just respond to his craigslist post. I would expect a better price than 115$.

This is good info. Thanks. I don't think anyone would fault someone picking up $25 give time/effort/gas to drive over and pick up skis.

You can understand why I might have thought it was all the same person given the photos.

I completely understand. but I'm glad I could clear things up. Rep is all we have on this forum...

But to be honest, my girlfriend picked the skis up for me . I'm no saint.
    Last edited by coskiguy; 08-24-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coskiguy View Post
    I'm no saint.
    You got that right. What kind of "friend" raises the price on gear? I have bought multiple pairs of skis on here for my non mag friends and didn't charge them a penny for my time.

I still don't like how this all went down.

what about this bitch benxcski???

hes a scammer pussy
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Got it, but I can't post a new thread!