Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    DO NOT POST K2 BREWSKIS FOR SALE. EVEN FOR "ONLY" $500. EVEN IF IT IS RARE, AND A LIMITED EDITION, AND ONLY 500 PAIRS ARE MADE. WE KNOW. WE DON'T WANT THEM UNLESS WE GET THEM FOR THE SAME PRICE YOU PAID.

thank you for listening
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

If there is not a lot of background about people on TGR, is ebay a reasonable reference? Is it best to deal through paypal as well?

Thanks
    bb

It's probably been stated already, but this bullshit seems to be more of an occurrence of late ...

NEW = brand fucking new, never been drilled on, never been used on the slopes, never been used in midget baseball, etc. ... pretty simple.

If your shit doesn't qualify as above, label it as "like new".

And if you throw some bindings on a new pair of skis and never ski them before selling, it still ain't new.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    It's probably been stated already, but this bullshit seems to be more of an occurrence of late ...

NEW = brand fucking new, never been drilled on, never been used on the slopes, never been used in midget baseball, etc. ... pretty simple.

If your shit doesn't qualify as above, label it as "like new".

And if you throw some bindings on a new pair of skis and never ski them before selling, it still ain't new.
    great point! like new means out of the wrapper and less than 1 hr of midget baseball. drilled = not new in any capacity.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigski6969 View Post
    Hello,
    I read your entire message before listing any of the equipment that I have forsale. I also listed it twice due to the fact the first listing didn't have photos, (couldn't figure it out) the second did and someone deleted it. Thank you whoever did that. I also included a phone number, due to the fact that you seem to have so many rip off artist on this site. Someone can call me find out exactly how to pay for this and then find out exactly when they would recieve their items, ie: tracking number from UPS ground. Instead I was terrorized by a group of cowards that didn't even take the time to call me. And then try to run a background check on me. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? We are loosing our business. DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING? The ski industry has been killed by this economy, instead of being happy for the prices and letting me pay my bills, I'm terrorized. If this is what this website is about, you folks need to get jobs. Obviously none of you have been effected by the down turn in the economy, you must be those trust funders we try to avoid. We are just hard working people. I have contacted Dave, and Chris who work for tetongravity, and reported the group that was bothering me. I would think being into skiing, people would feel terrible that we are loosing our business, and work with each other. The rip off artists must be the ones harrasing the honest people to run them off and rip off the others who are truly looking to purchase. bigski6969
    Read the first post in this one too, if you're interested in learning what you should expect around here.

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20100"]Meet the Minions - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

... still waiting for the response from you to my PM about an email of some of those pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by bigski6969
    Hello,
    I read your entire message before listing any of the equipment that I have FOR SALE. I also listed it twice due to the fact the first listing didn't have photos, (couldn't figure it out) the second did and someone deleted it. Thank you whoever did that. I also included a phone number, due to the fact that you seem to have so many rip off artistS on this site. Someone can call me TO find out exactly how to pay for this and then find out exactly when they would RECEIVE their items, I.E.: tracking number from UPS ground. Instead I was terrorized by a group of cowards that didn't even take the time to call me. And then try to run a background check on me. What the hell is wrong with you people? We are LOSING our business. Does that mean nothing? The ski industry has been killed by this economy, instead of being happy for the prices and letting me pay my bills, I'm terrorized. If this is what this website is about, you folks need to get jobs. Obviously none of you have been AFFECTED by the down turn in the economy, you must be those trust funders we try to avoid. We are just hard working people. I have contacted Dave, and Chris who work for tetongravity, and reported the group that was bothering me. I would think being into skiing, people would feel terrible that we are LOSING our business, and work with each other. The rip off artists must be the ones HARASSING the honest people to run them off and rip off the others who are truly looking to purchase. bigski6969
    The reason for some of our behavior was because your soul purpose for participating in our community was to make money off of us. Five of your first six posts involved receiving money from us in some way(sale of ski equipment and a room rental).

There were several other red flags:

1. Countless spelling/punctuation errors in your posts(see highlighted above, as an example).

2. The overuse of capitalization in your posts(This is akin to shouting at someone). Let the prices do the talking for you.

3. Your attitude throughout this whole process and even now: You had the opportunity to delete posts that, admittedly by yourself, were mistakes. Did you correct your posts? No. This causes unwanted clutter on this board.

4. You live in the Tahoe area but bought ski equipment from East Coast ski liquidators.

These were among the reasons why we were skeptical of your sale.
    There have been sales that have gone south on this board and more than a few members have lost money here. We approach newcomers with a bit of skepticism, especially if they buy from or sell to us with little participation here.
    I can sympathize with you on how rough this economy is on everyone who lives here in the U.S.A. It sounds like you could have used the money you were hoping to make here at TGR(I honestly hope you made a few sales here).
    Hopefully, the next time you come to our community, you will take the time to look around and see what we are all about. You'll get to know us and we'll get to know you.
    It's about the best place on the internet...

Not sure where else to put this, but if you go to Golfsmith and ask for a driver box, they make perfect boxes for shipping skis. Get 2 driver boxes and tape them together. The boxes will fit pretty much any ski and they are free (vs. the $20 Fedex tried to charge me so the teenager behind the desk could "customize" a box for me).
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Im almost afraid to start posting things for sale. Ive been lurking and have seen how this site eats thier young. I may just respond to trivial dead-end threads until I get my post-count up to 1000. This is easily one of the best sites Ive seen and I hope to become a part of it.

I'm almost afraid to start posting things for sale. Ive been lurking and have seen how this site eats their young. I may just respond to trivial dead-end threads until I get my post-count up to 1000. This is easily one of the best sites Ive seen and I hope to become a part of it.
    Try selling some stuff at really good deals. Offer up some hookups like lift ticket deals or other savings on trips. Offer up some freebies (shipping only).
    If you provide some "stoke" others will be more inclined to support you. I was there once, hell we all were (I may still be in that category according to some-but screwem)
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

edited.

if all other things are being equal, i have had best luck shipping with fedex for sure.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

saw the above comment and figured I would add. UPS and Fed Ex are ripoffs to AK. better to ship USPS unless some one is in a big hurry sending anything up here.
    off your knees Louie

Irate Irishman

If you have multiple interested buyers is it legit to have them bid on the item or is it first come first serve normally? I know as the seller you ultimately can make the call but im about to make my first sale and don't want to piss anyone off as i plan to continue buying and selling on this website in the future (I have had a great experience purchasing gear). I have had three interested buyers, the first two wanted to see photos before purchasing which i wont be able to send until im back home in a couple days but the third buyer agreed to pay now without seeing pictures. Obviously i would like to get more $$ for it but if its going to cost me my selling reputation on this site then its not worth it. Hope this makes sense haha

Dolson, money talks and NO one would say otherwise. its like a "buy it now" on eghey.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

^^^did they all offer you your asking price?

If so, then sell it to the only real buyer...

I get the whole send photos stuff (in many cases I'd do the same), but isn't it really just a pending sale (contingent of what the photos reveal or not) vs. a solid commitment to buy from the offer not requiring photos?

You are the seller...and if all was created equal, I'd tell you to sell them to the person you feel most comfortable selling to... but if you are trying to get a bidding war going it is a "cheese-dick" move...don't do it.

Some feelings may get hurt, but nobody is going to disparage you for making a decision based upon first come first served but dangling shit out to there make more money than you are asking for is not what this site is about.

Either way I'll give you $ 1,000,000.00 (without photos) for all of it...whatever it is...but I won't pay shipping or PP fees....

My $.02
    Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge...

Did some rules change or do we just have an influx of lazy sellers who don't post pictures when selling shit? People generally want to see the things they are paying hundreds of dollars for, in my experience.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

If an item is brand spanking new, never used, in any way, for any purpose, is a picture still required or interesting to people?

I understand pics for used, or near new goods, but it just seems meh when new. Or maybe it's just to indicate the seller actually has the goods.

BEFORE YOU SELL READ THIS

I guess more or less, do you guys think I can pull 1,300 from this?
    That is what I would need to jump on this XL1s.. So if you guys think I could get a solid 1,300 from this setup please let me know.. I have to act on this pretty soon Thanks guys

^^^ from what? ^^^

Am I missing something?

Whatever it is, the answer is: probably not unless it includes unlimited access to a really hot girlfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    erase the MR. Angry thread.

bump
    hey mr. maggot what did a marker ever do to you?

I am sure this has been suggested before, but how about a "Before you BUY - Read This"! It does not take Paypal anymore than 15 seconds to take the money out of your bank account. Please dont tell me it has now taken 21 hours.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Personally I wish everyone selling would make mention of where they are located. Most of us live in a select few areas and I for one would be more active in Gear Swap with people in my area to avoid shipping or distrust issues. It seems like half the people trying to buy or sell in here either don't even list a location or think thats a perfect spot for their super funny joke. Its not. If you have to put GPS coordinates or some random elevation, maybe you could at least just say where the items are located?
    Last edited by Wintergreen; 08-04-2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: I spelled their wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    It seems like half the people trying to buy or sell in here either don't even list a location or think thats a perfect spot for there super funny joke.
    So, let's make the half NOT like you, be more like you...would that make you more comfortible...

Should it be pointed out that the forum works fine as it is...when someone does not want to ship they state for locals only or local preference...if someone wants to sell or buy bad enough this stuff gets worked out...

The system's not broken....don't try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    Personally I wish everyone selling would make mention of where they are located. Most of us live in a select few areas and I for one would be more active in Gear Swap with people in my area to avoid shipping or distrust issues.
    Oh, I see...because only trust worthy people live in Alta....the rest of us can't be trusted...

What's next? Oh, wait, I know...gift wrapping or maybe a request to require delivery by bunnies or unicorns?

...and that's why yellow makes me sad....

I wasn't implying that, or asking anyone to change their location joke. Just that the location could be mentioned in the item description. I think this place works really well, but I thought this was the thread where people mentioned ideas to make it work better. If theres a majority opinion, then maybe it gets added to the first post. If not, it was just a suggestion that gets buried on page 6.