Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    you're the seller. it's a completely voluntary transaction. Just tell him to fuck off or up his bid.

there's a couple people on this board that I won't sell to due to various reasons.
    I'm not bidding or selling. Just saying it's kinda painful to watch.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 01-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I've read the guide...And now I lose my virginity to tgr.

After readin all that "edge of your seat" crap about Ross last month, I had to take the plunge and become a jong.

I'm always game for a lynching...............

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Good stuff, Marshall. First time I've ever bothered to read it. You can't emphasize the "do not fuck over a maggot" part enough. Personally, I wouldn't buy shit from someone that wasn't an established member.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Quote Originally Posted by teledave View Post
    Good stuff, Marshall. First time I've ever bothered to read it. You can't emphasize the "do not fuck over a maggot" part enough. Personally, I wouldn't buy shit from someone that wasn't an established member.
    see this one for emphasis: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=97569

Don't buy anything from Rick Bell of Christy Sports in Vail, known as Sick Rick for the moment, but perhaps with a new name after that thread.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

sick! thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    sick! thanks for that!
    Does that mean I should leave it?

well, its such a relevant on-topic post, how could you not?

Ok, all you turds who come in with 1 or 2 posts and want people to unload all the rad/gnar/coolest shit out at cheap prices need to get the fuck out.

This place is a community-bring something to the table ie cool stories, stoke pics, nekkid pics of your fat girlfriend, tech advice, a funny joke, something. At least have another mag vouch for you.

Don't think you can come in and get hooked up because you read a mediocre article in a magazine you got for free with your season pass to a landfill.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Was this thread composed by a Pissed Off Protestant?

so are you fucking with me, OB-JONG??

"...AT LEAST I'M ENJOYIN' THE RIDE..." -JB

Please ask all questions before sending payment for the item you are buying. It doesn't really help to ask what the condition of the item is after you have already paid for it. Also, please read the item description, so you don't ask questions that have already been answered!

Rooster Guest
    Don't buy from or sell to Suncuntry. Total douchetool for sure.

Maggots beware of JesseJones aka Rick Jones of Washington. The bindings are a lie.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=121802
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I think the spirit of this thread is geared towards dealing with people who are part of this community. Someone who just registered with a low post count is not yet part of this community. Someone who may have registered long ago, but only has posts/threads in Gearswap is NOT part of this community. Do you research on the folks you don't recognize as regulars around here. If the only thing they contribute is to poach maggot deals off gearswap, then don't give them a maggot deal and tell em to fuck off if they start chiseling you down. I personally am afraid to sell or buy shit from people I don't know and stay away from the obvious fucktards.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Make it easy on yourself:

-Don't buy from a JONG that no one knows or will vouch for.

-Don't sell to JONGS on a maggot deal basis, they're not maggots.

-Don't be so eager for a good deal that you put aside your usual common sense.

-If you can afford to do it, put up a "No JONGS" sale, always let contributing mags have the first shot at the goods.

-Test out newbs with face to face cash deals, where the goods can be carefully inspected by both parties and there are no misunderstandings.

-Clearly and fairly describe the condition of what is being sold, with pics.

-Don't pass off crappy gear as anything else than what it is.

-Pay promptly.

-Ship quickly.

-Never let a bad deal stay sour for weeks, say something. While you are being strung along a scammer is getting more mags on the hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

-Communicate promptly during the entire transaction -- for both buyer & seller --

-Low-post-count JONGs are more safe to deal with if someone who's been around awhile vouches for them -- the community runs on trust
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Good post bklyn. My situation was 50% my fault. I just got a little complacent, did a short search on the guy and thought, hmmm a good deal...better jump on it.

Had I did any number of things on your list, I'd have $260 more in my pocket.

Heed her words, she's smart.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Don't be a DB asking for pics of brand new gear. If someone says it's new, it's new. If you're not certain they're trustworthy then ask for references, or by all means don't do business with them, but do your window shopping and dreaming on someone else's time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Don't be a DB asking for pics of brand new gear. If someone says it's new, it's new. If you're not certain they're trustworthy then ask for references, or by all means don't do business with them, but do your window shopping and dreaming on someone else's time.
    i would also like to add that it is a dick move to offer killer deals then not agree to ship to canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

is it me or has the Gear Swapdrama increased like ten-fold this fall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Fact Summary - The Reality of this Forum

After years of being on this forum, years of reading at times, dozens upon dozens, very humerous exchanges, the following is fact:

1. (Most important) High amounts of post's do not always equate to integrity, class, or honesty/common sense. Often times the opposite is true. There are a few decent one's of course and folks I have had good transactions with, a few I have had the pleasure to rip a few turns with, but many times there are just thread posting jongs online that want to get there post count up, so that they may look like fly bitches on the web.
    2 The "Read This First" post has been disputed by many and is full of flaws - most importantly, if you truly wish to sell something nears its worth, don't do it here - period. It is NOT, NOT, NOT the one of the best places to sell. It might be a decent place to buy from someone who is desparate, but not a sellers market looking for a fair price. Really at best, this section provides good humor after a night of drinking - period. There is value in that for sure.
    3. Some idiot's (my personal favorite) try to attach links to models similar to your's or others, from discount sites, that have size 159 in stock. Even better still, they will use last years model most of the time. Anything, (facts don't count) to show your item or post is suspect, when 8 times out of 10, they are incorrect.
    4. The 50% off ideal is also bullshit, just go back in the posts and you will see some of the same high post bitches selling their one season old shit for nearly that. My personal fav is a Tahoe bitch selling his patagonia soft shell for $150 and only used a dozen times. Bargain! No double standard here.
    5. Do not try to rationalize with the idiots that post..use filters to interact with the few that are very cool and can actually be honest.

Just thought I'd throw one across the bow to the 60-70% of those post seeking bitches out there - with a bit of honest, fact based reality with regard to selling on this site. Just say NO. :fuck you:

Some good facts, but some additional, perhaps not politically correct here, truth's to be known as well:

Originally Posted by Suplex

Three6steeze:

After years of being on this forum, years of reading at times, dozens upon dozens, very humerous exchanges, the following is fact:

1. (Most important) High amounts of post's do not always equate to integrity, class, or honesty/common sense. Often times the opposite is true. There are a few decent one's of course and folks I have had good transactions with, a few I have had the pleasure to rip a few turns with, but many times there are just thread posting jongs online that want to get there post count up, so that they may look like fly bitches on the web.
    2 The "Read This First" post has been disputed by many and is full of flaws - most importantly, if you truly wish to sell something nears its worth, don't do it here - period. It is NOT, NOT, NOT the one of the best places to sell. It might be a decent place to buy from someone who is desparate, but not a sellers market looking for a fair price. Really at best, this section provides good humor after a night of drinking - period. There is value in that for sure.
    3. Some idiot's (my personal favorite) try to attach links to models similar to your's or others, from discount sites, that have size 159 in stock. Even better still, they will use last years model most of the time. Anything, (facts don't count) to show your item or post is suspect, when 8 times out of 10, they are incorrect.
    4. The 50% off ideal is also bullshit, just go back in the posts and you will see some of the same high post bitches selling their one season old shit for nearly that. My personal fav is a Tahoe bitch selling his patagonia soft shell for $150 and only used a dozen times. Bargain! No double standard here.
    5. Do not try to rationalize with the idiots that post..use filters to interact with the few that are very cool and can actually be honest.

Just thought I'd throw one across the bow to the 60-70% of those post seeking bitches out there - with a bit of honest, fact based reality with regard to selling on this site. Just say NO. :fuck you:

^^^double posting jong asshat. stop hiding behind your alias. if three6steeze is your boyfriend, that's cool. otherwise, why are defending a newbie who has no clue how gear swap works? i guess its because you don't have it figured out either.

let's hear some of this fact based reality.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    ^^^double posting jong asshat. stop hiding behind your alias. if three6steeze is your boyfriend, that's cool. otherwise, why are defending a newbie who has no clue how gear swap works? i guess its because you don't have it figured out either.

let's hear some of this fact based reality.
    Don't know him. Title change: Mtskier = former name - "Ignorant Fool" is your new name. BTW - Does this mean you and I are not an item still? I'm tellin ya...he was only a friend - don't be jealous! ha ha..jokes on you fool. Every word I stated was the truth - you're proof of that. Signing off - no longer fun sparing with a ignorant child.

$800 for Rossi Cuts?

OMG, I have two pair of 130's in my garage and can't wait to get my $1600 smackers for them. These things don't fit in racks of any kind but I noticed that they will fit in my trash container yesterday. I'm soooo glad I found this place. Look for my post soon.

Where's Canada?