Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    There are stupid people in every profession, but abusing authority sucks ass - see Amnesty International bleeding hearts dot com

I was so right about lurker cops on this board - BEWARE!

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla
    just so we dont get it screwed up-which came first? peeing on the motorcycle/getting head slammed/or fat pussy?
    dont you have a donut shop to browse? or are you going to write some parking tickets today?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I LIKE CHICKENFUCKING ... y que gorila de vanila?

the doughnut comment is really clever. i thought you could have come up with something better.

while peeing on a motorcycle should not warrant your head getting slammed to the ground you agree that your actions warranted some punishment dont you?

Van-Go,
    Take a deep breath and step away from the computer.
    You and your bro are good peeps, but you must realize that you have entered a den of counter-culture.
    Either play nice and holster your weapon or don't even bother to show up here.

while peeing on a motorcycle should not warrant your head getting slammed to the ground
    not ....you piss on someone's bike you deserve to be knocked down

606, y que?!

i realize that. but his assertion basically all cops are fuckers is off base just like the assertion that all dope smokers are losers. i am not here MONITORING anyones activity. i am here to look at TR's and pics of things that i cant experience here in midwest. and occasionally get a good laugh.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I've found with cops its best to be really nice to them if they have nothing to blame you for. Otherwise, RUN! I can outrun most people, and certainly middle aged over weight cops.

"Marijuana is not a drug.
    I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction.
    You ever suck some dick for marijuana? "

but his assertion basically all cops are fuckers is off base just like the assertion that all dope smokers are losers.
    I agree with you there. Cops are people and just like people, they span the spectrum. Unfortunately, there are certain people who can only seem to remember the times they have seen/heard of cops being jerks and thus they think they're all jerks. I hate it when people spout off insults at cops in general.
    It would be best if people who can't keep their cool did not apply for that job. But I guess it's a tough job and you've got to take what you can get.

I don't hate cops at all... as a matter of fact only yesterday I went to the graduation of a long time friend from the academy in my hometown. But he is able to see the difference between criminal acts and spiritual facts. It is not the place of the government in a free society to command what people can and cannot put in their body. If you only "think" that this is "probably not as bad as other things," then you need a serious lesson in philosophy before you prance around tampering with other fellows' fates. There nothing bad or good at all about smoking a joint on a hilltop, it is the simple ingestion of the burnt form of an organic substance by a two legged creature... your terms of "bad" and "good" while I tend to try not to use these terms are in regards to people violating that freedom of others i.e. a cop taking plants that god gave man in the first place. Such infrigement of civil liberties that you so arrogantly condone is precisely why democracy is long dead in this fascist empire that you probably just finished saluting

You just did a ripper didn't you ...

the doughnut comment is really clever. i thought you could have come up with something better.

while peeing on a motorcycle should not warrant your head getting slammed to the ground you agree that your actions warranted some punishment dont you?
    If I slammed my friend's head to the ground after he peed on my car I would get booked on assault charges. You guys should too. You are the enforcers of the law, NOT the law.

I never understood why a dog can pee wherever the hell it wants but if a human does it deserves some sort of punishment.
    Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Our Federal Government went through a learning experience during alcohol prohibition. They learned once something like alcohol (or pot) is made legal, there's no turning back. It is for that simple reason that pot will NEVER be legal on a federal level. Alcohol is part of our American heritage, and is dealt with. They won't make the same mistake twice.

There will always be people pulling bong hits whining about how it's not legal, how it's never killed anyone, and how it saved George Bush Sr. life....
    Do you actually believe the stupid things you write or do you just type things to get a reaction from people?
    "Don't drive angry."

Best quote from the movie "Groundhog Day"

there is a much larger focus on meth than marijuana.
    wrong officer
    The study of FBI data by a Washington-based think tank, the Sentencing Project, found that the proportion of heroin and cocaine cases plummeted from 55 percent of all drug arrests in 1992 to less than 30 percent 10 years later. During the same period, marijuana arrests rose from 28 percent of the total to 45 percent.
    http://www.mpp.org/USA/news/2438.mpp

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by sea2ski
    Do you actually believe the stupid things you write or do you just type things to get a reaction from people?
    Fuck the Police!

how's that for things typed to get a reaction?
    present company in law enforcement excluded since you are probably not NYPD
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

First, I agree that pot/shrooms/etc. being illegal is just plain silly. However...

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    while at the U I peed on a cops motorcyle at a party and when he slammed my head against the ground while handcuffing me I called him a fat pussy. I got punched for that comment.
    If you peed on my motorcycle at a party I would slam your head to the ground too. That's not police abuse, that's you being a drunk dickhead and getting called on it.

There are, however, plenty of examples of police abuse. For example, in San Jose, the police regularly shook down Mexicans and took all their money. This is LEGAL under current narcotics laws if the police "have reason to suspect the money may have been obtained by an illegal drug transaction" -- so, basically, any time they want. Well, the San Jose police realized that if someone didn't speak much English they were unlikely to sue in court to get their money back.

This went on for years.

Also, during this time, the SJ police shot more people per capita than any other PD in the nation.

I would regularly get stopped while riding my bicycle to and from work. One officer even told me "There's nothing to do and we're bored, so we just stop people randomly and search them for drugs".

Then we get into the LAPD, in which some units regularly planted drugs on people while dealing drugs themselves...

This, friends and neighbors, is why there are limits to the power of the police and the courts -- because people are not perfect, and any power will be misused by some of those who have it. Yes, that means that some people get away with crimes -- but would we rather have that, or lots of innocent people doing time because they pissed off a politician or the police captain's cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by BUSTED
    damn boys... you know that really brought a tear to my eye. You see, that stuff you some of you think made a nice avatar also spelled the end of a peaceful existence in paradise for yours truly.

it was four am on April two 2004 and I had fallen asleep with my drum in hand when they came through the doors and threw me into the snowy entry way in my underwear. the powder had finally returned, i learned. i wasn't worried about being in the middle of a huge bust (big insecure bullet-proof vest clad imbeciles spread muddy bad vibrations all over my carpet in the silently succeeding early light) because I was not a drug dealer, and in fact was too broke to have anything of my own to smoke.. I sort of waited for the tempest to pass, so to speak. Then they just started parading my friends out into the lobby, too. We were all frozen, and the storm had just begun.

I ended up spending time living in a cave until my charges were dropped and I was able to go home, starved and with all love and trust for any fellow man extracted in ways that just to this day have yet to heal.

Turned out one of the dreamless insect-eyed terrorists from the Utah State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) thougth he'd seen me smoke weed with him before, but the warrant they brought me in on wasn't even written out for me OR my room.

BE CAREFUL IN ALTA!!! TRUST NO ONE BUT THOSE YOU HAVE PERSONALLY WATCHED RIP!!! ALL THE REST ARE DANGEROUS POSERS!!!!

a sad truth for a sad youth
    Dude, I was so bummed when that happened as I have been lucky enough to party and ski with many of you through the years. Such total bullshit perpetrated by such ignorant fucks just makes one think less of humanity.

Peace,
    Rocky
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BUSTED
    If you only "think" that this is "probably not as bad as other things," then you need a serious lesson in philosophy before you prance around tampering with other fellows' fates. There nothing bad or good at all about smoking a joint on a hilltop...your terms of "bad" and "good" .....in regards to people violating that freedom ....Such infrigement of civil liberties that you so arrogantly condone is precisely why democracy is long dead in this fascist empire that you probably just finished saluting
    i dont think mj is any more or less harmful than alcohol or whatever. i dont condone the use of mj. when i say its "not a good idea" or "bad idea" that is just me saying i think it is harmful to ones body. i am not making any judgements about "right or wrong" when i say that. my opinion.

however, i am not the one prancing around tampering with others fates. i cannot interject my opinion when enforcing laws. if i did i would be unjustly and unfairly applying the law to some and not others. these laws were put in place for one reason or another. YOU (society) give cops the "power" to do what we do thru laws/constitution. YOU can also take that power away by affecting change. without constant checks and balances in this system with out courts/appeals/public opinion/etc etc then we probably would live in a police state. or maybe chaos but i doubt it. cops step on someones rights the courts balance it and law is made. sometimes individuals like Busted get trampled. unfortunately its not perfect and people get run over from time to time.

tippster is absolutely right, cops should be held to the same standard and code of conduct as anyone else. we are not or should not be the ones out there to hand out the "punishment".

Quote Originally Posted by HyRUPz
    You just did a ripper didn't you ...

That was your funniest post ever, F. And I, too, believe he had just pulled said rippair
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

i dont think mj is any more or less harmful than alcohol or whatever.
    Really? Then you sound pretty ignorant to me. Look at the stats. Alcohol and cigarettes are infinitely more harmful than all the illegal ones combined.

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread
    Look at the stats. Alcohol and cigarettes are infinitely more harmful than all the illegal ones combined.
    I'm pretty sure you get way more tar (junk created when you burn leafy things) from an unfiltered joint than from a filtered cigarette. It's just common sense. I could be totally off base on this, but my BS radar always goes off when I hear about drugs (prescription or otherwise) and natural herbs being absolutely 100% safe over long periods of moderate to heavy use.

found a source that agrees with me from here:
    http://my.marijuana.com/pipestudy.php3

"a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar. This disturbingly poor ratio may be explained by the low potency of the NIDA-supplied marijuana used in the study, which was around 2.3%."

Anyway, I'm going skiing tomorrow. Hoping Abasin will be clear of the crowds with Breck&Keystone opening up. Looking forward to seeing what this storm brings

yes, i had just taken a major ripper bro