View Poll Results: Do you have a set right and left ski?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, just click in whatever way they lay

81 62.79%
  • Of course, I always have them on the same feet

48 37.21%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

do you mark your skis right and left?

I'm curious.

I just slap 'em to the snow and click in whichever one lands left or right.

I mark them left-right and tip-tail. This one time I couldn't get clicked in; finally I realized I had em on backwards. By then my friends had snaked my line.

I mark my boots right and left.

Do you also mark your mono ski right and left?

I don't mark my skis but I mark my poles, don't wanna use a right hand pole in my left hand or other way around. Could be bad that way.
    If you open a second beer and don't miss a beat between sips, is that two beers or just one 24 ouncer? -Tye 1on

Whats with the markings that they put on your skis when they put on your bindings? Everytime I get bindings put on skis they put these two stickers one on each ski in between the toe and heel piece of the bindings and the stickers have arrows on them, both pointing in oppsoite directions. What the hell is that for? Is that as a reference to which ski to put on which side? Like should the arrows be pointing toward each other or away or is it just crap? Its always pissed me off and Ive never found out.

I only mark them if I have blown out edges & even then I just put a ski sticker on one just to keep track

I don't actually mark them right and left as I already look retarded enough. I DO, however, have a mark on them so that I know which is which. I generally keep them on the same feet until I feel the inside edges are sufficiently dull. I then switch them and use the "fresher" edges thereby extending the life of each tune. (At least I convince myself that this practice makes a difference. I don't have proof that it does, but it does to me and that's what's important isn't it? ).

Quote Originally Posted by duders
    Whats with the markings that they put on your skis when they put on your bindings? Everytime I get bindings put on skis they put these two stickers one on each ski in between the toe and heel piece of the bindings and the stickers have arrows on them, both pointing in oppsoite directions. What the hell is that for? Is that as a reference to which ski to put on which side? Like should the arrows be pointing toward each other or away or is it just crap? Its always pissed me off and Ive never found out.
    basically a way for them to keep track of what ski is what. if the toe piece ( or any of the dins) of one of the skis is off by any amount they want to know what ski it is so that if you blow you knee out they can say that they addjusted that ski properly. its just for liabilities.
    If you open a second beer and don't miss a beat between sips, is that two beers or just one 24 ouncer? -Tye 1on

I just click and go also. I figure that the laws of probability and randomness will result in even wear on my edges if I dont pay attention everytime I click in.

Quote Originally Posted by duders
    the stickers have arrows on them, both pointing in oppsoite directions. What the hell is that for?
    Haven't you figured it out? They're turn signals.

Oh...I forgot to mention, the reason I try to keep "fresher" edges in reserve is for those times when I'm headed out to something sketchy/icy/demanding and I want that extra bit of security, whether it be actual or psychological.

In my racing days with straight skis, yes. Now, no.

When I raced I would do it, and I would alternate races. Psychologically I was convinced this was the best way to have fresh edges. Whether it mattered or not I don't know.

On regular days, no I don't care.

makes a huge difference for those of us who like to dull our skis on rails and then ski the ice coast
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

I have to. I ski telemark.
    Otherwise, I never did when I skied alpine.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Yeah I mark my skis so that I can use the same pair for traning and racing. Need to keep those race edges sharp.

No thats not true.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Like ski to be, I only mark skis if there is some physical damage that I want to be aware of every time it click in.

habit from racing - still do it.

I mark 'em, as said above, in case of damage- not as much to the ski, because that's easily visible, but to the binding. If one of my clamps is loosening up (this is less of a problem since I stopped using shitty Salomons, but whatever) it's a lot easier to remember which one gets the Loc-Tite when there's some marking on it.

I did for a while but I still got mixed up so now I mark my legs right and left instead.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be
    I only mark them if I have blown out edges & even then I just put a ski sticker on one just to keep track
    Same here.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I mark 'em because I'm enough of a geek that I still tune the inside and outside edges differently, detuning the outside tips and tails for about 10-12 inches, the inside for about 6 inches, I can feel the difference carving on anything firm, it keeps the skis form hooking up and allows them to release out of the turn more easily. On the spatulas, though, I just throw 'em down and click in.

Check it out, I made a ski-related post!

Stickers on the left ski, only.

Guilty!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ