Exclamation it finally happened !

I'm officially jonesing for snow ! I know I know shouldn't I be Pow obsessed at all times, well although it never leaves my mind the addiction is stronger at certain times and right now I am in need of a fix, the switch has been flipped and I want TURNS ASAP ! ! ! ! I noticed tuesday night when I was mtn biking, looking around at all the terrain had me thinking that would be a cool line, wow how sweet would that be if a wind lip was there, etc. I have made the summer - winter transition BRING IT ! So who else has recently started going into withdraw ? what was your moment of clarity ??
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Moment of clarity? I don't think I've ever had one.

First frost this morning got me pretty pumped, though.

I had my first powder dream last night. That usually marks the official beginning of the snow joneses for me.

It was awesome, well spaced bumps covered by a foot of fresh and not a soul on the mountain but me.

Anyone else dream of powder turns each Autumn or am I just a freak?
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Thumbs up

Skiing is my lullaby. I make turns every night til I drift off.

That said, I am ready for the chairs to run. Cheap turns in just a couple of weeks. Oh yeah!

BTW, the mountains are all white up here right now...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

so funny - reading this thread made me remember my dream last night - which was about watching some guy ride switch through a HUGE bumpfield. He was flailing. So not so much of a stoke dream, but it did involve lots of snow.

CAN"T WAIT! Now I just hope my shoulder heals in time for opening day (please please please please....)
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

dreams are one thing but who has tried on some gear recently ???
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Thumbs up

RIBBON O' DEATH!

A-basin as well, how 'bout a HOORAY for the little guy!

-jones-

I've definitely made the tranisition, happened a few weeks ago when we had snow here, I rode my bike on 3 inches of it on one of the trails here, super stoked, 7 weeks, not to mention so high life last night, 7 weeks and 7 weeks too long.

My ski season is still probably about 2 months away at BEST...I'm dieing over here! Bring it winter you bastards!

Originally posted by watersnowdirt:
    [QB]so funny - reading this thread made me remember my dream last night - which was about watching some guy ride switch through a HUGE bumpfield. He was flailing. So not so much of a stoke dream, but it did involve lots of snow.

[QB]
    I would pay large sums of money to watch someone try that in real life. I'm thinking McConkey is the only one around who might be able to do it with some amount of grace.

I've had ski/pow dreams every night for the past six nights. I think that is the reason for my unexplainable ski gear shopping sprees lately!

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier:
    <STRONG>

I would pay large sums of money to watch someone try that in real life. I'm thinking McConkey is the only one around who might be able to do it with some amount of grace.</STRONG>
    sorry - should have clarified - he was snowboarding. But yeah, on skis would be rather impressive....
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Loveland won't make opening day

Sorry folks, but it's just too warm to blow snow right now at Loveland. Keep riding that bike a little longer. I got me some hockey skates for $20 at Recycled Sports. That's been a pretty fun distraction, even if you suck as bad as I do (seven times on ice skates in my life). Matt is so freaking good though...

And watch the Yankees! They're on firre!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

sprite, any word on whats left from the test patch at K mart
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

guns a-blazin'

Last edited by jibij; 10-06-2003 at 01:10 PM.

Re: Loveland won't make opening day

Originally posted by SheRa
    Sorry folks, but it's just too warm to blow snow right now at Loveland.

Of course who needs to blow snow, when it is going to snow 3 feet the day before opening day.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 10-06-2003 at 12:24 PM.

Re: Loveland won't make opening day

Originally posted by SheRa
    Sorry folks, but it's just too warm to blow snow right now at Loveland.
    I'm going to hold you to this!