Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Kinkade=Ass Clown

This is our generation's velvet elvis painting. Expect to see them in tag sales by the highway in 20 years also....

Dead on, boomer.

Pure cheese-steeze
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

I will be laughing my way to the bank when my five Kincades significantly appreciate over the next 25 years. 60 Minutes did a great special on him, and when he dies, their value will go through the roof. I hope this forum (and snow for that matter!) is still around in 25 years.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by HankStamper View Post
    I will be laughing my way to the bank when my five Kincades significantly appreciate over the next 25 years. 60 Minutes did a great special on him, and when he dies, their value will go through the roof. I hope this forum (and snow for that matter!) is still around in 25 years.

Hey GIRLYMAN

Ze Tomas Kinkade is for ze HOMOS! No vonder you like it!!!
    Vell I hope you leaf enough room for my FIST because I am going to RAM IT INTO YOUR STOMACH!!!

Hey Arnold, YOU shut the fuck up. The arnold "pump you up" jokes were funny like 20 years ago. Seriously, you're a fucking DORK.

Kinkade = Bastard Hellspawn of Bob Ross and Norman Rockwell

(Nothing against those two of course)
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I will have another beer!

Fucking awesome troll. Mad props.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Kinkade = Bastard Hellspawn of Bob Ross and Norman Rockwell

(Nothing against those two of course)
    BWAAAAAA!!!!!!

The 18th Century called they want their paintings back.

Zazzle? Is that like Rasterbator?

dude, do you posses critical thought? that 60 minutes piece (from what I recall) essentially lambasted the guy for being a phony and spewing out product that was as far from real art as you can get. they essentially said this is speculation based on a bogus market that his empire has created, and that in reality, only other ass-hats (e.g. kinkade collectors) would want to buy these things, and therefore, the prices would decrease - eventually crash, as no serious art collectors want them.

you are killing me: "this sweet kincade gets me stoked for skiing" ummmm, yeah, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    the sad truth is that we all know who he is and his paintings. how does something like this happen? so many awesome unknown artists out there and here we have this crap mass marketed.
    Good point. I bet the people who buy his shit, are the same ones who voted for Bush. I'd like to go to his stores and photograph the morons.... "Oh Honey, look here!, this one has lights!...."

PSS- Great troll!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    They look like art you'd hang up in a house that had a wagon-wheel table, orange rugs, brown paneling, and advocado green fridge.

Sprite
    Now that really hurts
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    All this picture needs is baby moses floating down the river.
    Face down.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Art as in Norman Rockwell?? Yeah, maybe.

Art as in TGR stoke? Not really.

Take it to gapicski, they'll love it.
    Rockwell is miles beyond this guy.
    Rockwell did some pretty interesting socio-poitical commentary (it's not the stuff of his you usually see) but this guy is, well, I'll 9th the shit comment.
    But I laugh when I see it, so it isn't s if it has no effect.

It's painting, but it isn't art.

Epic memebers hopefully know better than this - I'm pretty sure some of them own some serious art.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

bump. i want to know if there are any other kinkade collectors who also like to ski.

Dude. Fuck off. Just fuck off. No one is interested in the bullshit faux-art you're trying to push. I haven't seen paintings that bad since I shagged your Mom in a Motel 6.

Whore.

Thomas Kincade: Painting:: Kenny G.: Jazz.

Nice troll, by the way.

Did this troll bump it's own thread?

The first post was a clever troll. The next 11: not so much.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Bisump for some summer Kincaid stokeage.

Seriously, I just bought one at the mall.

Ballstein - Bad call, at least from an investment perspective. It appears the market has become quite saturated with his art work.

I sold one of my Kinkade paintings to see what the market was like this past winter, as I was getting a bit nervous about the value of my collection.
    I lost ~$200, making the mistake of selling it with no recourse. Paid about $400 and it sold for $175.

Unless it has sentimental value, I would advise returning it for a refund if it's not too late. A friend told me about the 60 Minutes tv special on Kinkade and I watched it - only wish I had seen it before I started collecting his stuff!
    I still love it though and will probably hold on to it for at least 10 years to see if things improve. If not, I'm sure my kids will love to have them as family heirlooms.

It's Kinkade, not Kincaid. People always seem to get the spelling wrong.

Also, check out his web site if you like his stuff. His brother is touring around and talking about growing up with Thomas. Should be some great stories. Additionally, I think there's a tour of originals. Don't think the Seattle Art Museum will display his stuff. Too stuffy and Kinkad's work is too popular with the masses.

Kinkade's idyllic paintings remind me a lot of my childhood in the north woods. Except for without the anal rape!

I'm sure my kids will love to have them as family heirlooms.
    Nothing says "memories" like your parent's kitschy mass-market artworks. They'll probably get sold for $10 at the estate sale.
    Change is good. You go first.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbd View Post
    Nothing says "memories" like your parent's kitschy mass-market artworks. They'll probably get sold for $10 at the estate sale.
    My wife didn't like her childhood memories and I didn't have any. So we bought a bunch of some random familiy's shit at an estate sale and spread it around our house. I never met any of them but judging by the smiling photos and sports trophies they were probably a happy, well-adjusted bunch.

I sold one of my Kinkade paintings to see what the market was like this past winter, as I was getting a bit nervous about the value of my collection.
    I lost ~$200, making the mistake of selling it with no recourse. Paid about $400 and it sold for $175.
    wow you are ballin'