Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre
    YOU'RRRRE A FFFFUCKING NNNNERRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!
    For once, I have to agree with you Ogre.

How big did you get it printed out? My camera is 4.1 MP, but I've never printed anything larger than 20x30 out, so I didn't know how clear it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    the same type of white bread, stupid, ingonorant people
    Hey, who you callin' ingonorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas
    How big did you get it printed out? My camera is 4.1 MP, but I've never printed anything larger than 20x30 out, so I didn't know how clear it would be.
    I only got an 11.5 x 14 but it came out super clear. I am sure it would have still looked good at twice that size but certainly not as sharp. It was also pretty reasonably priced as i recall because I shopped around and some of the places were wicked expensive in comparison.

I think I'm going to try some 20x 30 or bigger shots of k-peak I have that are pretty hi-res.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I had ingonorrhea once- it's not so bad, except that it makes you buy incredibly ugly, overpriced "artwork."

Plus my dick fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    Hey, who you callin' ingonorant?
    yeah, no spell check this AM (manually or auto). guilty as charged

This one is much better...

There's a whole swack of better paintings out there with a ski motif....like this one.

<lurker mode on>

I celebrate his entire collection.

His kid goes to my school.
    Salt, Sweat, Sugar on the asphalt

Quote Originally Posted by mike_h
    There's a whole swack of better paintings out there with a ski motif....like this one.

<lurker mode on>
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    BWWAAHHHHAAAAA!!! That's great.
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw
    Celebrate over on Gapicski instead... if you're going to troll, don't jump on the bandwagon of someone else. That's just unoriginal and pathetic.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw
    Hahaha...BakerBoy needs to brush up on his Office Space.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Hahaha...BakerBoy needs to brush up on his Office Space.

Sorry, too busy brushing off my avy gear and sled-tuning books. I'm out, bitches!
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

the Fountain of Youth

the Fountain of Youth

This is a beauty...

Voting for successful multimedia trolling.

Thumbs up

My Grandma would poop on it...

I don't know guys - I could really see a 1960's Keene "Big-Eyed" poodle on skis painting in my bathroom.

Especially if I could find one in black velvet.
    ADD and damn proud of it.

I just painted this little ditty. What do you think? It's mostly white because it's snowing in the background.

I had never heard of the guy or seen any of his art, so i googled some reviews, here is an excerpt from one I really liked:

"It is the pervasive acceptance of and clamor for the materialistic manifestations of Kinkade's rather limited artistic vision—the sanctification, if you will, of his penchant for depopulated and nonsensical rural scenery—that serves to only increase the hair-lifting horror that lurks beneath his sun-dappled streams and glowing rustic manses.

Yes, horror. Horror of the worst kind, the horror wrought from juxtaposing innocuous items or idyllic surroundings with sudden ghastly consequences. The kind of thought-erasing horror that comes from watching a huge cylindrical brush used in an automatic car wash smash through your windshield. The kind of throat-parching, temple-pounding, sweaty-knees horror that comes from watching the stitched simpleton's smile on a Raggedy Ann doll suddenly gape open into a bloody drooling leer.

Do not misunderstand me, here. Kinkade's art does not evoke Clown Fear, or Marionette Fear, or Dick Cheney Fear, or Disney Audio-Animatronic Fear—I'm talking about that Mother of All Fears: When Paradise Turns into Hell.

For this Halloween, if you want to scare the dickens out of discerning adults and impressionable children, forget about the works of Poe, King, or Koontz.

Just take a good look at the artwork of Thomas Kinkade.

Upon close examination, Kinkade's rural dystopias appear to possess the following common themes:

1) Hellish glow seen emanating from every closed window to every sealed-up cottage, clocktower, inn, horse barn, church, etc. All of Kinkade's structures seem consumed from within by raging infernos. What might be laughed off as artistic excess suddenly trickles icily down your spine when you realize that Kinkade's rustic incinerators are operating at full tilt regardless of the time of day, prevailing weather conditions, and the particular season depicted in the painting!
    2) All of his structures bear multiple chimneys that are exhaling thin, vertically-stretched spires of exhaust smoke which are indicative of extremely hot fires within, and of virtually no air movement without. Again, these chimneys are operating in all seasons and weather conditions. Why are the fires burning so hotly all the time? What's cooking? You don't want to know!
    3) There is an inexplicable absence of people, despite the presence of livestock, abandoned agricultural implements, raging chimney fires, what have you. In Kinkade's peaceful landscapes, it seems as if a sort of aestheticically-directed neutron bomb had detonated, leaving standing only the charming buildings, bucolic beasts and majestic landscape

There is something terrible going on in these paintings."

Full Text

Quote Originally Posted by HankStamper
    the Fountain of Youth

This is a beauty...
    All this picture needs is baby moses floating down the river.

Schmear, please give me permission to have that printed for my ski house!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by lph

Upon close examination, Kinkade's rural dystopias appear to possess the following common themes:

1) Hellish glow seen emanating from every closed window to every sealed-up cottage, clocktower, inn, horse barn, church, etc. All of Kinkade's structures seem consumed from within by raging infernos. What might be laughed off as artistic excess suddenly trickles icily down your spine when you realize that Kinkade's rustic incinerators are operating at full tilt regardless of the time of day, prevailing weather conditions, and the particular season depicted in the painting!
    2) All of his structures bear multiple chimneys that are exhaling thin, vertically-stretched spires of exhaust smoke which are indicative of extremely hot fires within, and of virtually no air movement without. Again, these chimneys are operating in all seasons and weather conditions. Why are the fires burning so hotly all the time? What's cooking? You don't want to know!
    3) There is an inexplicable absence of people, despite the presence of livestock, abandoned agricultural implements, raging chimney fires, what have you. In Kinkade's peaceful landscapes, it seems as if a sort of aestheticically-directed neutron bomb had detonated, leaving standing only the charming buildings, bucolic beasts and majestic landscape

There is something terrible going on in these paintings."

Full Text

thats good shit right there....

thomas kincade is fucking HORRIBLE...

i take shits that are more artistic than his garbage

Quote Originally Posted by HankStamper
    How is this not art?

Just wondering can you bend slate as it looks like in the painting. Would be a neat trick. Looks like he took a hatched roof and turned it into slate.

I take it this guy pushes out the limited edition prints and people buy them up cause the last set went way up in value. The market for this stuff will eventually crash.
    Last edited by DougW; 12-01-2006 at 02:10 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

is that a slate mailbox as well?