Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post "The OFFICIAL Utah Mini Thread 2006"

TGR and Backcountry.com have stepped up as sponsors this year!
    Feb 9, 2006- Feb 14, 2006 are the dates.

If you get in early, you can take your boarding pass from the airline to PCMR, Deer Valley, or the Canyons to ski for the rest of the day.

Lodging info to come.

Other info to come.

This year theme is "Kiss", keep it simple stupid.

Have a question, ask it here, Altachic, Skiguide and myself are the go to peeps. Im consulting on this one, heading toward retirement.

So what Mountains on what days?

The Party (ies) thread

The original Poll thread

Early Flight, ski free the rest of the day

A Must Read for anyone coming to this event!!

Please read and keep checking back for new updates as they happen!

Altachic, Skiguide and Buzzworthy have gotten this together for your pleasure and for the pure fact of being in the "know" of what's going on, where we'll be, when and some of the events that we're looking forward to.

Friday Feb 10th-Some will be skiing the bird and others Alta. We will ALL be meeting at Goldminers at the base of Wildcat at the end of the day...meaning you can find all of us there by 4:30-4:45pm. (Buzz may be there earlier). We'll be upstairs at the bar or outside shootin' the shit after skiing High Boy with Xover. Team 13 and TETON GRAVITY RESEARCH has generously kicked in some Schwagg to raffle at GMD on Friday, so be there is you want to get your hand on their goods.

***We then head to SOMEONE'S PLACE (TBA) for some good times, drunkeness, craziness, hopefully even some nakedness. Make sure you have blankets/sleeping bags too, as we are rounding up as much warmth as we can. Any Utards who can help offer blankets/Bags, please bring em Friday with you to the mountain.

A few other things:

Stickers for this year??????? Who wants to design and take care of this???

BRING RADIOS if you have them!! Channel 5-13 is the official maggot channel. For a back up if too much traffic, 4-19!!

Cell phones are a damn good idea too!!

Discount Tickets: Alta said no. Snowbasin we are still holding our breath. Snowbird told me no too. So we are looking at the sport shops for a few bucks off.

Links:

http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

http://www.skinsee.com/

REI, Sports Den, Canyon Sports, Smith's (maybe) offer a few bucks off too.

Hotel Links:

Sandy, UT (really close to LCC, 1/2 hour drive)

Best Western Sandy
    BW has full breakfast included!!!

Lots of Hotel Links Here:

Sandy, UT Hotels:

Downtown SLC:

Hotel, General, Transportation and Lots of other info:

The Ultimate Hotel Site for SLC:

All Info in a nice little package:

Ogden Hotels for Snowbasin if wanted:

Utah Snow Report:

Let Altachic, Skiguide or Buzz know if you still need anything. If you can, rent a car. That will be most helpful to get you where you need to go. Find a bunch of you and get it together, or call canyon transportation to get yourself from the airport to Alta on Friday so we can all meet at Goldminers. Thanks all, look forward to meeting you.

Altachic- snowskirules@yahoo.com
    Buzzworthy- buzzron@gmail.com

Keep checking back for anything new!!
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 01-31-2006 at 02:40 PM.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

This mini goround, DTM and I WILL make it to the Basin (hoping that's a sat or sunday!)!

I vote for Alta on friday like we usually do...any other days i'm cool with wherever, even a BC day would be nice.
    you sketchy character, you

Thumbs up

The first day of the mini is on my 21st birthday. You will blessed with 3 feet of blower.

Or it may just rain Jager. Either way its pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    This mini goround, DTM and I WILL make it to the Basin (hoping that's a sat or sunday!)!

I vote for Alta on friday like we usually do...any other days i'm cool with wherever, even a BC day would be nice.
    I too would like Basin Sat or Sunday. Alta Friday as normal is also my vote.

Other mountains you want to hit? Solitude (cause I never made it last year, Skiguide's fault ) (que Foggy )

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    I too would like Basin Sat or Sunday. Alta Friday as normal is also my vote.

Other mountains you want to hit? Solitude (cause I never made it last year, Skiguide's fault ) (que Foggy )
    I say Snowbasin Sunday - and leave Sat. open for Snowbird/brighton/solitude goers.

the two main parties are looking like Friday & Saturday night, perhaps best to keep everyone down in South Salt Lake.

(this is of course, based on my theory and experience that I will not be likely to actually leave the house for the drive up to Basin the day after a party, much like the solitude day)
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    I say Snowbasin Sunday - and leave Sat. open for Snowbird/brighton/solitude goers.

the two main parties are looking like Friday & Saturday night, perhaps best to keep everyone down in South Salt Lake.

(this is of course, based on my theory and experience that I will not be likely to actually leave the house for the drive up to Basin the day after a party, much like the solitude day)

Good plans I think. I will be likely to drive up to Basin, as I need to drive further north then to get home, so no fucking jello shots (or a damn tray of them) for me this time Skiguide and MacDaddy!!!

Or Baileys in the am coffee, or beers at 10 am or..........I got new skis and will be on them, unless I board. I am so decisive right now.

Any word on if Gordy plans to offer an Alta clinic that weekend yet?

Buzzy told me earlier that Gordy planned to do so and I confirmed that w/Gordy a couple of weeks ago. He said the details will be on the website shortly.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    Buzzy told me earlier that Gordy planned to do so and I confirmed that w/Gordy a couple of weeks ago. He said the details will be on the website shortly.
    Yes, Irul is correct. It will be an Alta camp during that time, however it is his only Alta camp this year and will be a regular camp as opposed to a "Maggot special" camp.

It is not on his site yet, but contact him if you plan to enroll, as there are only so many spaces Stroup.

gordy100@msn.com or info@straightlineadventures.com

Airfare is still holding at 264 for round trip right now. NE people keep an eye out for sub 200 flights out of Manchvegas (although I have a freebie with the cattlecar (AKA Southwest)).

Got my tix for $229 direct from Tampa.So schweet.

we are gonna stay in town and rent a car, so we can hit multiple mtns. Any call on where is best to stay? We plan on riding at Alta and the Bird most days, with a trip to Soli. and Snowbasin. We will prob. ride the Canyons the day we fly in, for free.

Digging up last years lodging info, will edit into first post.

edit: edited in. If links do not work or you need more info or advice on where to stay depending on the next days activities for best time management and or money management, let me know, this is number 3 Mini for me, I think.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 11-01-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Marking it on my calendar... best chance for me is Feb. 9 (Thurs) thru Feb 12 (Sun). Not sure yet on lodging or transportation, but will definitely take the early start freebie up at Park City somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Digging up last years lodging info, will edit into first post.

edit: edited in. If links do not work or you need more info or advice on where to stay depending on the next days activities for best time management and or money management, let me know, this is number 3 Mini for me, I think.
    Thanks Buzz- I think we will base camp at the Best Western in Sandy- it looks like the best non-ski resort option. I need a hot-tub and pool. Breakfast is always good too.

I like this plan:

Friday-Alta, then the usual Goldminers meeting for drinks/food then party afterwards
    Saturday-solitude or bird-party afterwards
    Sunday-Snowbasin for shizzle!-take a big nap after we all eat dinner

Those are the days i can ski, as i will be working Thursday and Monday.
    you sketchy character, you

Two friends and I are driving from Sac. ROADIE!!!!!!! whooo hooo!!!!!!

Plans are to arrive on Tues. the 7th or Wed. the 8th. I'm signing up for Gordy's camp on Fri-Sun, then we'll prob ski Mon the 13th too. Both of my friends are really good skiers and former Alta dirt bags for a couple of years. if any NorCal maggots need a ride, let me know.

We will bring some real beer with us.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I'm gonna round up a couple of NY college buddies and go thurs - monday....i'm probably gonna be staying with my friend at U of Utah so if anyone wants to throw down and go to a frat party one of the nights let me know.
    i can't wait to begin my season and meet up with more mags this year......
    p.s. i have watched Tangerine Dream 5 times since Sunday......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    I like this plan:

Friday-Alta, then the usual Goldminers meeting for drinks/food then party afterwards
    Saturday-solitude or bird-party afterwards
    Sunday-Snowbasin for shizzle!-take a big nap after we all eat dinner

Those are the days i can ski, as i will be working Thursday and Monday.

Ditto, I like what I see and I still have to get that Friday off, been traveling quite a bit. Since I did not make Solitude last time I think I need to get my fix. Basin is waiting for me Sunday.

Good plan chief!

Ditto, I like what I see and I still have to get that Friday off, been traveling quite a bit. Since I did not make Solitude last time I think I need to get my fix. Basin is waiting for me Sunday.

Good plan chief!
    Buzz, was that reference to NO discount tix last year or this year??

you may want me to take a stab at that this year, or again, for that matter.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    Buzz, was that reference to NO discount tix last year or this year??

you may want me to take a stab at that this year, or again, for that matter.
    Oh, that was last year. I will try again, but I have no idea the count, so kinda hard to talk to em without a number. I can work on it once we know more.

I most likely will be making the journey, hopefully with some other maggots in tow?

Z - you down?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

u colorado maggots are welcome to stay the night at my apt. on the way...i'm on I-80 2.5 hrs out of SLC if you come that way, you guys would prob. take 70 i guess though

discovery inn is where i always stay on multiday trips down there...pretty close to lcc / bcc

we still thinking a keg? or mini keg?
    Last edited by LaramieSkiBum; 11-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.

Question: i'm pretty new to TGR (i've bought a few things through the site) and i just saw this whole thing about the utah mini. is this thing for anyone? if so, i'm there. i've only skiied utah for 4 days, its a long way from oklahoma, but want to real bad again. do yall all already know each other? i just don't want to bust up on someone else's party. thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LaramieSkiBum
    blah blah blah blah

we still thinking a keg?

Hell. Yes.

Tasty suds are always welcome, especially in kegular format.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Quote Originally Posted by LaramieSkiBum
    u colorado maggots are welcome to stay the night at my apt. on the way...i'm on I-80 2.5 hrs out of SLC if you come that way, you guys would prob. take 70 i guess though
    The consensus is that I-80 is better to take. Might take you up on that offer if necessary. I think if I was going to drive though, I'd drive straight to SLC.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."