Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brenticles
    Question: i'm pretty new to TGR (i've bought a few things through the site) and i just saw this whole thing about the utah mini. is this thing for anyone? if so, i'm there. i've only skiied utah for 4 days, its a long way from oklahoma, but want to real bad again. do yall all already know each other? i just don't want to bust up on someone else's party. thanks
    Well, you have to have a signed permission slip from your parents if you want to go on this field trip!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    The consensus is that I-80 is better to take. Might take you up on that offer if necessary. I think if I was going to drive though, I'd drive straight to SLC.
    I25 North to Fort Collins, cut off 14W to 287N to Laramie to I80 W, will save you 45 minutes normally.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

We set this up every year for the TGR/Powder community, the Maggots.

Many of us do know each other, some from skiing all over, at summits, at mini's, at a bar, on business trips, on trips of a lifetime, crashing on people couches across the country or world for that matter, making a ski through feedback on this forum, you name it, it has been done.

I welcome you to contribute more than just your money, post up, you will never get to know anyone by being timid.

You are welcome to come and get crazy with us, get to know more on the board here and come ski.

You have to start somewhere, but bring your A game!

Considering we have had maggots from as far as the Netherlands for the Utah Mini, I think Oklahoma is not too far.

More the merrier.

Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by brenticles
    Question: i'm pretty new to TGR (i've bought a few things through the site) and i just saw this whole thing about the utah mini. is this thing for anyone? if so, i'm there. i've only skiied utah for 4 days, its a long way from oklahoma, but want to real bad again. do yall all already know each other? i just don't want to bust up on someone else's party. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    I25 North to Fort Collins, cut off 14W to 287N to Laramie to I80 W, will save you 45 minutes normally.

Maybe if you drive 287 at 80mph (65mph posted).....beware colorado maggots...you ft. collins people know this, but wy287 is a nasty bitch if the weather is shitty. Very bad juju surrounding that road...I avoid it at all costs unless it's summer time and during the day.

287 is a heavy traffic 2 lane (by my wyoming standards) and will only save you 10min vs taking the I-25 to I-80 through Cheyenne....thats a timed fact, if you average 5mph over speed limit on both roads....granted if the weather is that bad, Happy Jack summit just outside of laramie will be bad, but not nearly as bad as 287 usually.

at 80mph average, from denver, taking I-25 and I-80, and one 30 min stop, your looking at 5.5 hours from Denver to Green River. From GR it's 2.5 hours to BCC/LCC at 80mph with no stopping.
    Last edited by LaramieSkiBum; 11-03-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Just wanted to let anyone who is flying into SLC know that if you book your flight on Expedia, you get all kinds of lift ticket options. For my trip in January, I bought the 3 out of 7 day Canyons pass for $130. For my tentative trip for the Mini (depends on things), I have a 3 out of 7 day Alta/Bird/Solitude pass for $117. There's also a discounted 4/7 pass and offers for Deer Valley and for PC.

Cool

Cross-post but I have plenty of couch/bed/floor space in Sandy. Pm if interested. Cheap beers and pizzas might be required for compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps
    I'm gonna round up a couple of NY college buddies and go thurs - monday....i'm probably gonna be staying with my friend at U of Utah so if anyone wants to throw down and go to a frat party one of the nights let me know.
    i can't wait to begin my season and meet up with more mags this year......
    p.s. i have watched Tangerine Dream 5 times since Sunday......
    I'm at the U and am willing to throw down and party on Friday night. Who is the friend you are staying with at the U? I prolly won't know him just being a freshman, but maybe.

Just sent in my deposit for Gordy's 2/10 Alta camp. Looking forward to schooling all you 'tards w/ my mad steeze.
    Last edited by irul&ublo; 11-07-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy

I welcome you to contribute more than just your money, post up, you will never get to know anyone by being timid.

Buzz

Oh, that's my problem .

So...I joined the forum a couple weeks ago, havent posted much. I really like this Utah get together. I live right near the bottom of Big Cottonwood, and I would love to help out. I can give rides up to the canyons, flip burgers, ect. Skiing with everyone would be a blast, although I am not sure how much partying I can do with ya (unless you want to influence a minor ).

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold
    So...I joined the forum a couple weeks ago, havent posted much. I really like this Utah get together. I live right near the bottom of Big Cottonwood, and I would love to help out. I can give rides up to the canyons, flip burgers, ect. Skiing with everyone would be a blast, although I am not sure how much partying I can do with ya (unless you want to influence a minor ).
    One thing you should know...some people drink, some don't so it's no big deal.

We all just get together to ski pow, talk about pow and enjoy some really good company. Sounds like we'll be partying at skiguides and boarderlines, so don't worry about the bar scene.
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    We all just get together to ski pow.
    There you go, Liz has said it will snow that weekend and we all will be skiing pow! Woo-hoo!

One thing you should know...some people drink, some don't so it's no big deal.

We all just get together to ski pow, talk about pow and enjoy some really good company. Sounds like we'll be partying at skiguides and boarderlines, so don't worry about the bar scene.
    Drinking never has been a problem for me, the only problem is being 18, and being way under age.

I got radios!

Sounds like we'll be partying at skiguides and boarderlines, so don't worry about the bar scene.
    WHOA, WHOA, there -

just to clarify what AC is saying (even though I know she's a smart chica and this is what she meant) - and what I think you're being smartly aware of bryanthebold and that's appreciated -

is that if you are underage AND drinking at any party hosted by a maggot, you WILL NOT, under any circrumstances, be allowed to do anything stupid like driving - cause then we'd be responsible if something happens. of course that holds true for any of age maggot as well.

but it's a mutual respect issue too. we respect your right to party, just respect us enough to not get us in trouble. just pass out on the floor like any self respecting maggot would do.

we party hard, but we also party smart... (well, except for woodsy, but he learned his lesson)

but, as liz also said, it really doesn't matter if you're drinking or not (you don't have to drink to be cool in our crowd) we have fun anyway.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

what she said...i guess it's just understood that you don't do anything stupid, at least that's how i feel about our maggot friends here in utah.

you'll be fine. just be careful, be respectful and come ski with us.

you'll have fun.
    you sketchy character, you

i guess it's just understood that you don't do anything stupid, at least that's how i feel about our maggot friends here in utah.
    shit. guess im out.

BZ - I'll probably wait to see what conditions look like, think im gonna spend my 21st here though. Damn utah 3.2.
    Drive slow, homie.

Sounds good, I feel like I am some what of an adult these days, so dont worry.

I cant wait to get onto the hill with everyone, its gonna be awesome!

thanks to you guys who answered my post. i think i'm going to try and fly in on Thursday night and ski Fri, Sat, and Sun. will there be people who can pick up from the airport, etc? bryan, do you think I can crash at your place?

is there anything other than an A game?

brenticles, I can help you out with a ride from the airport, and you might also be able to crash at my house, although I live with my parents, so I would have to talk to them about it. Anyone else who needs a ride from the airport, hit me up, I am sure I will be able to help.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by powwrangler
    I'm at the U and am willing to throw down and party on Friday night. Who is the friend you are staying with at the U? I prolly won't know him just being a freshman, but maybe.
    grad student here, need an easy class for spring?
    the bird + snow + my last semester = everybody passes!

...also willing to party at the U.

Hey man, yeah his name is willy wabiszewski but he's a senior so not sure if you would know him. I'll be headin to the U a few times this year to crash at his frat house and get a few days at alta/bird so i'll definately hit you up when i head out there.

so is there going to be enough snow for this summit or what? Geeze, I hope so.

(just messin with you guys, I'm sure it's going to dump soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    so is there going to be enough snow for this summit or what? Geeze, I hope so.

(just messin with you guys, I'm sure it's going to dump soon)

I am going to hunt you down if you keep it up there Mr. Zero!!

There better be, hell, last years snow had much to be desired. By the time the MINI hits, it should be good.

Well, that is if Tuffy comes, he is the one that always brings the storm. Someone better get on that guy to get his ass out to Utah. Pronto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps
    Hey man, yeah his name is willy wabiszewski but he's a senior so not sure if you would know him. I'll be headin to the U a few times this year to crash at his frat house and get a few days at alta/bird so i'll definately hit you up when i head out there.

What frat is he in?

What frat is he in?

He's in Phi Delta Theta.......i'm gonna be out there Jan 8th to stay at U of U as well