Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    salvia is for wannabie bitches

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRider4Life View Post
    The one thing I learned from this thread so far:

I totally missed out on the real acid.

but...I have acquired an ounce of Salvia Divinorum leaves, 1.1g 6x Salvia Divinorum extract, and 1.1g 20x Salvia Divinorum extract. Should be an interesting time.
    Full TR to follow.

In high school we had shroom parties on several occasions. At one in Jensen Beach (Fl) I watched a large black man fall down backwards mid-pee. Funniest shit i ever saw cuz he just laid there laughing while he pissed hisself. A few minutes later I sat talking to a frog stuck to the bathroom window. After the party a number of us decided to walk to a friends house in Stuart. The route we took was 3 miles through the Savannahs (read palmetto forest and swamp). Because of the dense brush I carried a girl in my arms the entire way. For some reason, it didn't seem to matter. When we got there we went swimming and the one thing I still remember vividly is watching the waves traverse through the pool with the only light being the one coming from underwater. We always made tea from mushrooms we gathered in an area we called Alice in Wonderland. It was a wooded pasture that always had an especially green look to it.

Good times..
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    ....Eric Clapton with Mark Knopfler, at Royal Albert Hall, from the first mezzanine box (I bribed the owners of the box with a copy) ...

How much for a copy?????

The tape got lost along the way somewhere. I also lost the Chili Pepper tape...I do have shittons of others, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    YOu are a fucking douche. mushrooms+work=bad trip

STFU rookie. I've been doing hallucinogens since before you were born. One day young grasshopper you will learn.

By the way the best thing going is Mescaline. Ah the days of a buck a barrel in Central Park.

mmm...purple microdots...ozone park...

I think I worked a checkout counter at the supermarket once, that was great.
    I was on fire, never missed a penny...

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRider4Life View Post
    but...I have acquired an ounce of Salvia Divinorum leaves, 1.1g 6x Salvia Divinorum extract, and 1.1g 20x Salvia Divinorum extract. Should be an interesting time.
    Full TR to follow.
    Don't waste your time. I have tried that shit on several occasions with no effect at all. Some people I was with claim they tripped real hard for 5 minutes or so, but I got nothing.

Personally, I think it's just your mind playig tricks on you because you heard it would fuck you up. Whackness!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Europe '90 was my last tour...(I had done a shitload before then, 175~ or so shows between '81 and '91)

I have lots of stories...in a weird way, I kinda wish forums like this existed then...I have forgotten more great times than I remember...BUT, I am glad a LOT of it has been put in the permanent recycle bin!

I was a taper, carrying around tons of pricey gear, so getting lit properly was a very rare experience. We considered ourselves 'professional' deadheads, capturing the show in the finest manner possible, whether kosher or not, was THE goal.
    I rarely if ever even smoked, let alone dabbled in serious drugs during a show...Hell, one had to calibrate the omni sensitivity and pre-amp modes, DAT performance VS. D5 analog, X/Y mic orientation, clip levels, etc, as well as look out for crazy-ass expensive gear...silly anal retentive shit, which, Ironically, has pretty much all been surpassed by the releases by Dave Ganz and the Vaults.
    Even more Ironic is that I haven't given a rat's ass about GD music since before I quit,

(use 89' as a good 'I don't give a shit anymore' year.)

I did really enjoy taping LOTS of other bands all over the world, however.
    My tape of Red Hot Chili Peppers in '88,London, with Hillel Abel absent due to obvious overdose is a remarkable example.
    Or Eric Clapton with Mark Knopfler, at Royal Albert Hall, from the first mezzanine box (I bribed the owners of the box with a copy) are some good memories...all done with killer gear.
    Sadly, I have lost a few of these Gems over the years, moving like the gypsy that I was...

you tapers are some weird fucking people

You are a new-schooler, with access to lots of music these days.
    Back then, if you wanted it, and you wanted it to sound great, you did it yourself. And people appreciated it. I wouldn't do it now, but back then it was a culture of it's own.

I agree with rideit. there are some S-I-C-K audience tapes out there.. IMHO nothing beats a front of the board recording. and i was so bummed to see archive.org go down. wonder if ill pony up 45$ to see ratdog this summer...

man the good ol days.. i feel priveleged to have seen my first dead show MSG 1991... granted the tail end, but at least I saw some shows..

I have just recently rediscovered the joys of shrooms after about a six or seven year hiatus. About a month and half ago I was camping with a bunch of friends. Just as the sun is going down, were all sitting around the camp fire, some one starts passing around a big ol baggie of fungus. I didn't even know anyone had brought any, so it was a spur of the moment decision to gobble down a big hand full of the stuff. I'm not really sure how much later on this huge grin appears on my face and I start giggling at nothing in particular.
    Pretty soon the giggling turns in to full on uncontrollable all out belly laughing.
    I cant stop, dont want to stop. A couple of times I tried to say something, but no words came out, only more laughing. I have no idea what was going on around me or what was so funny. It seemed to last forever, but eventually the laughing started to taper off. I would stop for a minute or two and then start back up for a minute or two. Pretty soon I was back to being able to talk. Turns out, about 2 hours had gone by. I spent the rest of the night sitting around the camp fire talking about all kinds of crazy shit with everyone. It was one of the best times I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

there's a good salvia article in gq this month, a little history on it and some interesting facts

I agree. Taping used to be an art......ill take a cripy aud over and sbd any day.

There is a reason why the only remaining tapers are at least 35 years old, because they appreciate good quality recordings.

SBD recordings lack a certian 'presence' and punch, IMO.
    The sound of the venue, as it were. Every venue had different characteristics...bassy, boomy, echo-ey, warm, crisp...that was the cool thing about taping multiple times in different places, (especially front of board poaching) you could try different things in order to achieve different 'feel'.

SBD recordings lack the time delay elements and natural reverbertion that every venue posess.

(Bass is critical here...SBD recordings do not have any SPL in the equation)
    I bet in time digital equalization and timing manipulation of specific frequencies will be capable to 'improve' the stock (flat) soundboard recordings, that will be a VERY cool technological advancement.
    ( I wish I were smart enough to develop it, I have been thinking about it for 20 years.)

And great recordings would make you crazy kids trip harder.
    Last edited by rideit; 06-03-2007 at 10:13 PM.

LSD took a step backwards in 2002 when savvy ATF agents, looking through chemical warehouses for clues regarding anthrax production, stumbled upon orders for the base ingredients for acid. Led them to some guy in Kansas, who just happened to be the last guy producing the LSD crystal in the US. So from 2002-2005 Doses were either weak, bunk, or non-existent. Someone stepped up and began synthesizing the stuff again in '05. Its now more potent than ever.

Lots of casualties lately related to amateurs dosing to heavily. (I watched someone take a flying leap off a balcony and land on two unsuspecting hippies at a concert in SF.)

I love the stuff. But then, I've been to over 150 GD shows from 84-93. Lots of great gooneys, worlds, black pyramids, liquid. We stretched our minds out GOOOOOOD!!!!!

You haven't tripped until you've done an earthquake on a couple of hits of SFs finest.

Yup. I was the long hair tourist in the Haight Ashbury music store - I think that was the name of it, I never went back after the fucking roof fell in. After the panels started falling out of the roof I ran outside and started running like a banshee. Then I kind of pulled up as I saw a wave of pavement coming toward me. It looked like it was a foot high but who knows. I know I saw it, I raised up as it went under me - the most amazing thing. I kept expecting the street to split open underneath me, swallow me, and close back up.

Holy shit. Way too much stimulation for this Idahodian. Needless to say a very weird day just got weirder into the nighttime. The aftershocks were still happening and the place I was staying was just off the Haight but upstairs nonetheless. I was having nothing to do with staying in a building. We slept in the park that night. Or at least laid down and tried to rest. The city buses were the only thing that had lights. The whole city was pretty black except for these light "beetles" that were motoring around. Some very drunk people at different places. Traffic of couse was absolutely nuts. Lucky my street bike didn't get crushed by the chimney that fell about 10 feet away from it on the sidewalk.

So I had been on the road for about six weeks, up and down the coast, going to shows, camping out and this was at the end. The next day it took me all day to get out of the city and head for home. Rode into the Nevada desert into the middle of the night. Super tired looking for a place to crash for the night. Took off at some exit, went way away from the interstate down a side road. I thought I was golden to catch some badly needed zs.

Abour an hour after I laid down and just getting into some solid REMs and FTW, the ground starts shaking and these weird lights are coming at me and I don't have a clue what is going on. Apparently I had laid down about 25 feet from the rail line and something fairly high speed was coming through. Scared the shit out of me.

Many more tales of weirdness, but that was pretty strange.
    And people are strange when you're a stranger, faces look ugly when you're alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

fuckin hippies

interesting bump

Jong Luc Jongmaster- Good Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by jong_luc_picard View Post
    fuckin hippies

interesting bump
    One does not need to be a fuckin' hippy as you put so poorly to enjoy
    the wonders of hallucinogens!

Jong on un-enlightened in gaper bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Don't waste your time. I have tried that shit on several occasions with no effect at all. Some people I was with claim they tripped real hard for 5 minutes or so, but I got nothing.

Personally, I think it's just your mind playig tricks on you because you heard it would fuck you up. Whackness!
    Ooohhhh how wrong you are.

The leaves are hard to feel any effect from. But try taking a bong hit of 20x extract, hold it in for at least 20 seconds, and then get back to me on whether you think its just your mind playing tricks on you or not.

I watched someone take a really big hit of Salvia, and he genuinely went out of his mind. He stumbled downstairs, and the instant I spoke the word 'Salvia' he rushed back and explained very quickly how he had just entered and exited the red and blue matrix. Very interesting, and I like reading all these other trip reports.

Behold my fluffy goodness, you bastard.

Hippy Flip lately anyone?

No you didn't. You don't even have a job.
    "You'd have to have a heart of stone to not crack a smile while bobbing your head and wiggling your hips that much."
    -SIMMERS

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    No you didn't. You don't even have a job.
    Are you posting on the right thread?

-self employed

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Are you posting on the right thread?

-self employed
    Translation: "I sell mushrooms"
    "You'd have to have a heart of stone to not crack a smile while bobbing your head and wiggling your hips that much."
    -SIMMERS