Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

my favorite thing to do pull up when my friends are on shrooms
    If you open a second beer and don't miss a beat between sips, is that two beers or just one 24 ouncer? -Tye 1on

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I am laughing hard at that one.
    I was speaking only in terms of smaller/threshold doses.
    1-2 hits vs 1.5-2.5g of mushrooms.

I've found that at lower dosage lsd is just sort of in the background doing its thing, you can still interact with people and do YOUR thing. Mushrooms tend to take over, or at least fight hard to take over even at low doses.
    Your millage may vary obviously.
    At higher doses I wouldn't dare compare the two, apples and rocketships.

Quote Originally Posted by yodaottis View Post
    low dose - I'd be much more confident taking lsd than mushrooms and trying to play a sport/do something productive. I think there's an added degree of control with acid that can be difficult to find even on a small amount of mushrooms.
    high dose - no way, unless your job description is "human puddle"

I agree.

shrooms seem to work in "waves" for me. coherent one minute, sideways the next.

lesson learned: it's best to wait at least 10 minutes after you think your done tripping before eating more.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 06-01-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    Old's Cool.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I agree.

shrooms seem to work in "waves" for me.

lesson learned: it's best to wait at least 10 minutes after you think your done tripping before eating more.
    Or before you start. I had a few times where it was like "dude, I'm barely tripping, maybe I should eat another half an 1/8th".

or, candy flipping (e x lsd)- that tab isn't really working, lemme take two more. shit, this is how lake champlain must've looked in the jurassic era.

Or special brownies.
    not counting days 2016-17

The only thing worse than "This isn't working, let's take some more"

Is the 2am decision:
    "Fuck it, wanna just eat the rest?"

Quote Originally Posted by s.p.c View Post
    or, candy flipping (e x lsd)- that tab isn't really working, lemme take two more. shit, this is how lake champlain must've looked in the jurassic era.

my preferred "mind set" back in the day when going to shows.

I don't think my brain could handle that anymore. Gotta stick to the beer and a little green.
    Old's Cool.

advres Guest
    The only thing worse than "This isn't working, let's take some more"

Is the 2am decision:
    "Fuck it, wanna just eat the rest?"
    The next 2 days always sucked after those decisions.

I was speaking only in terms of smaller/threshold doses.
    1-2 hits vs 1.5-2.5g of mushrooms.
    If these are "Low Dose/Threshold" dosages for you then your dealer needs slapping. 2 hits of windowpane or 2.5g of Psilocybin should wreck you. Completely.

Other than that I actually agree with you - the hardest I've ever tripped was on shrooms. Nice not to have that oh-so-common strychnine clench either.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    It's probably good that I didn't go to the prescribed burn that day.

Whatever dude.....you could have grabbed all that underbrush by the balls and pulled out it's spleen.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Years ago a buddy of ours hooked us with some liquid on sugarcubes. He told us that is was 'LSD-25' and the more we took the better it got. My friend Matt and I each took 2 cubes only to find out later (much later) that they were triple dosed, so we ended up taking 6 hits each. Holy shit; liquid vision and laying around in the dirt for hours, unable to move, hardly able to breath.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    If these are "Low Dose/Threshold" dosages for you then your dealer needs slapping. 2 hits of windowpane or 2.5g of Psilocybin should wreck you. Completely.

Other than that I actually agree with you - the hardest I've ever tripped was on shrooms. Nice not to have that oh-so-common strychnine clench either.
    "Low dose" was a relative term. I was also talking in modern hits.
    1999 - 1 hit is NOT a low dose.
    2007 - 1 hit is enough to make getting stoned a little weird...

I was foolish to try putting an actual # to what I feel is threshold/low dose but if you got out of the game 5+ years ago...things have gone drastically down hill since then.

I wish there was a legal market where reducing potency by 75% and increasing price by 500% was a valid strategy.
    Hardest I have tripped was on lsd. A lot of lsd. But mushrooms have a way of getting all over me even at low doses that makes it difficult to enjoy myself.

Edit: "oh-so-common strychnine clench"
    Please be joking or hit up erowid, that's the kind of talk that DARE relies on.
    Last edited by yodaottis; 06-01-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post
    Years ago a buddy of ours hooked us with some liquid on sugarcubes. He told us that is was 'LSD-25' and the more we took the better it got. My friend Matt and I each took 2 cubes only to find out later (much later) that they were triple dosed, so we ended up taking 6 hits each. Holy shit; liquid vision and laying around in the dirt for hours, unable to move, hardly able to breath.
    oh man, that sounds all too familiar.
    Old's Cool.

Geez, I better go through my old stash box & make sure it's empty. If this is the kind of "dosage" these younguns are into it would kill 'em if they found some of the "old" Green/Red Dragon or whatever else might be hidin around.

It was very very common in blotter acid back in the day, especially the stuff you'd get in the Traveling Circus at Dead shows.... long before 1999 I'm sorry to say. If you found yourself clenching your teeth you assumed it had been cut with strychnine. Unfortunately beggars couldn't afford to be choosers, so you just dealt.

Edit: Wow. Talk about being absolutely certain of something for 20 years that you now find is flat out wrong:
    Strychnine is not the cause of tracers, cramps, nausea, or amphetamine-like LSD-effects. Its possible that poorly synthesized LSD might have other ergot derivatives in it, which might contribute to the harsh body load that some get on taking LSD. Also, the very close chemical relatives 1-Methyl-LSD and 1-Acetyl-LSD (which break down into LSD in aqueous solution) might be present in some street samples and might contribute to the harsh body load...
    That sucks about the potency. Pot went the other way (waaaaaay stronger now than in the 80's,) so I assumed Acid would at least stay constant. I don't see how you could lower the natural chemical content of mushrooms...?
    Last edited by Tippster; 06-01-2007 at 03:36 PM.

thanks Tipp, I learned something new today.
    Old's Cool.

You & me both. Wow - that's two things I learned today!

too much drugs: once smoked angel dust (or somethin) by accident. thought it was just really good weed at first, then didn't like it. a nice girl i knew calmed me down.

deepest shroom revelation: somewhere in the wilds of northern maine on a long solo canoe trip, spinning around while holding a fishing pole, looking at the red and white bobber, noticing how the white half always faced me just like the moon orbiting the earth, comprehending the enourmous amount of time the moon has been orbiting the earth, and how during this time all of life had evolved.

acid at work sorta: tripping with some dudes in the army in korea and trying not to laugh cause the army seems way too serious when you're on acid.

I once accidentally took 30 hits or so of liquid, in London, at a dead show.

I became entirely convinced that the whole Europe tour was put on by the US feds in order to bust every single dead-head at customs. I also saw Van Morrison and Satan fighting for Jesus' soul on the tube...they were at every station platform from wembley to Westbourne Grove. I don't know who won.

I also became convinced that the girl I was with literally had two faces.
    And there was a calvary funeral at 6AM, with dozens of horses, trumpets (I think) and a casket on a guerney.

It was very clean acid. (I don't believe great LSD has been made since about 1990, everything since then is pretty much fake or something else)

For the next installment I will discuss my horribly bad trip at Saratoga Springs in 85'. I lost my marbles for a few weeks on that one.

Or mushrooms at a Yes show in boulder in 85. I ended up making friends with a skunk, and hiding behind rocks naked in Flatiron Park, holding only a bible and a comic book.

What was this thread about?
    Last edited by rideit; 06-01-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

"Drugs: Never stop learning"

Think this would be a good add campaign?

Mushrooms shouldn't change over the years, different strains will have different potencies though.

Edit: We all need to party with rideit!

shrooms are fun, dont take too much at one time

ganja has gotten a shit load stronger(even since i can remember), especially in states where it is somewhat legal to grow

judging by my school, coke is making a huge comeback

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I once accidentally took 30 hits or so of liquid, in London, at a dead show.

I became entirely convinced that the whole Europe tour was put on by the US feds in order to bust every single dead-head at customs. I also saw Van Morrison and Satan fighting for Jesus' soul on the tube...they were at every station platform from wembley to Westbourne Grove. I don't know who won.

I also became convinced that the girl I was with literally had two faces.
    And there was a calvary funeral at 6AM, with dozens of horses, trumpets (I think) and a casket on a guerney.

It was very clean acid. (I don't believe great LSD has been made since about 1990, everything since then is pretty much fake or something else)

For the next installment I will discuss my horribly bad trip at Saratoga Springs in 85'. I lost my marbles for a few weeks on that one.

Or mushrooms at a Yes show in boulder in 85. I ended up making friends with a skunk, and hiding behind rocks naked in Flatiron Park, holding only a bible and a comic book.

What was this thread about?

hmmm brings back memories of days of old.. europe '90 rideit? damn!

once in 1992 i scored some very nice paper in san francisco.. pink sperm print.. was clean and still wet when i bot it. i ate 2 hits on a plane ride to las vegas. culminated in me with quarter eyes seeing pattern after pattern and an out of body experience in the airport listening to the slot machines.. it was one FAR out trip for sure.. no regrets!

any more good old time dead stories?

The one thing I learned from this thread so far:

I totally missed out on the real acid.

but...I have acquired an ounce of Salvia Divinorum leaves, 1.1g 6x Salvia Divinorum extract, and 1.1g 20x Salvia Divinorum extract. Should be an interesting time.
    Full TR to follow.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    hmmm brings back memories of days of old.. europe '90 rideit? damn!
    Europe '90 was my last tour...(I had done a shitload before then, 175~ or so shows between '81 and '91)

I have lots of stories...in a weird way, I kinda wish forums like this existed then...I have forgotten more great times than I remember...BUT, I am glad a LOT of it has been put in the permanent recycle bin!

I was a taper, carrying around tons of pricey gear, so getting lit properly was a very rare experience. We considered ourselves 'professional' deadheads, capturing the show in the finest manner possible, whether kosher or not, was THE goal.
    I rarely if ever even smoked, let alone dabbled in serious drugs during a show...Hell, one had to calibrate the omni sensitivity and pre-amp modes, DAT performance VS. D5 analog, X/Y mic orientation, clip levels, etc, as well as look out for crazy-ass expensive gear...silly anal retentive shit, which, Ironically, has pretty much all been surpassed by the releases by Dave Ganz and the Vaults.
    Even more Ironic is that I haven't given a rat's ass about GD music since before I quit,

(use 89' as a good 'I don't give a shit anymore' year.)

I did really enjoy taping LOTS of other bands all over the world, however.
    My tape of Red Hot Chili Peppers in '88,London, with Hillel Abel absent due to obvious overdose is a remarkable example.
    Or Eric Clapton with Mark Knopfler, at Royal Albert Hall, from the first mezzanine box (I bribed the owners of the box with a copy) are some good memories...all done with killer gear.
    Sadly, I have lost a few of these Gems over the years, moving like the gypsy that I was...
    Last edited by rideit; 06-02-2007 at 09:15 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident