View Poll Results: Would you like to see the aliases revealed?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's air the laundry

157 72.69%
  • Nope, keep 'em on the down low

59 27.31%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Out The Aliases

I'll pay pal you a dollar if you do it!

Whhee, look at the votes

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

I don't have an alias. That is all I know.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by A-wreck
    O'berhard franz
    heh it's cool that people considered that insanity to be mine. (if I remember him correctly)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Thumbs down

outting the aliases would something epic ski would do. I can't believe we are even considering this. We would lose a lot of funny on this board if that happened.

Lots of harmless ones where i don't want to know who they are. This is dumb.

some ISP in summit county would account for a 1/3 of registered users
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I voted to out them all, but I really am not that vested in the outcome. As far as I'm concerned I'm alias free.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    some ISP in summit county would account for a 1/3 of registered users
    Pot, kettle, bunker...

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    outting the aliases would something epic ski would do. I can't believe we are even considering this. We would lose a lot of funny on this board if that happened.

Lots of harmless ones where i don't want to know who they are. This is dumb.
    What alias is so funny there would be some great loss if it was gone? There are plenty of funny people around here, but I can't think of any alias that I'd actually miss.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl
    What alias is so funny there would be some great loss if it was gone? There are plenty of funny people around here, but I can't think of any alias that I'd actually miss.
    Commish, the referee, god, trump, and any others that have given a good laugh for a specific topic. It's just a part of board. I would be pissed if we did this, and I don't even have any aliai...

I have an alias. I used it a couple times then forgot what it was. I could probably find it if I really cared but I don't so who fucking cares. If the aliases start getting outed some people will be pissed (there was someone with marital problems that comes to mind). If you start outing aliases you can't stop at a few and not all of them. If youout all of them someone will probably have to fuck around for a while gathering info.

In the end it will only cause a breakdown of the board. Everyone with an alias outed will be pissed at Frozen (assuming he is the "outer"). Frozen has stated in the past that he has never outed an alias (at least publicly on the board, I don't know if he has sent PMs around to his buddies telling who was pissing them off at the time, nor do I really care). I think aliases should remain as they are.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

This would have been more effective as a public poll so we could see all the shitty aliases voting "no."

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    Yeah, except for phUnk.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to studying for my mechanics school finals...
    vapor lock - bitch.

I guess I'd better resurrect Jenny Tull.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver
    I have an alias. I used it a couple times then forgot what it was. I could probably find it if I really cared but I don't so who fucking cares. If the aliases start getting outed some people will be pissed (there was someone with marital problems that comes to mind). If you start outing aliases you can't stop at a few and not all of them. If youout all of them someone will probably have to fuck around for a while gathering info.

In the end it will only cause a breakdown of the board. Everyone with an alias outed will be pissed at Frozen (assuming he is the "outer"). Frozen has stated in the past that he has never outed an alias (at least publicly on the board, I don't know if he has sent PMs around to his buddies telling who was pissing them off at the time, nor do I really care). I think aliases should remain as they are.
    Good point. Besides,ONS allready stated the Brett has 14 alias (no wonder he deleted the thread last night).

I think, if the collective wish of this community is to come clean and start fresh, letting bygones be bygones, the more appropriate response would be for alias mongers to out themselves. It's cleaner, more honest and more appropriate.

Though in certain cases, you'll find idiots taking credit for aliases that aren't theirs and who just as quickly will come up with 14 more.

If, though, the community is just interested in airing dirty laundry, then that's something that needs a much longer look and which I've got no interest in.

For the record: Pnr = part-time Geronimo, part-time Poppa Woody. The others that share those aliases with me use them to far greater effect. So you pretty much are left with just plain old Pinner.

EDIT to add: The ignore feature is marvelous. Try it. It works both online and in real life.
    Last edited by Pinner; 10-28-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Oh shut up already, you idiot. You're the only one who doesn't know who Ogre is.

They Schindlerpiste unabridged dictionary defines Alias as: (n) Pussy; yellow bellied faggot to the nth degree. One who is afraid to stand behind his/her thoughts and words.

Thumbs down

seriously squawman. Ogre is used to be funny, and is generally one of my favorite aliases.

From the guy who says "say it in person and see what happens"....stop arguing with someone you don't know who it is. Maybe you should listen to him.

i am iceman, when i'm not busy practicing dental medicine.

If you out the aliases, the terrorists win. What kind of country is this? Canada?
    You look like I need a drink.

aliases are for pussies, if you have something to say...say it, dont hide
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

I am bklyntrayc - and I wear a BRO BRA

I used to be 1/3 of Yoda.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

out thyself

lets give ons a break. those who have nothing to hide should out themselves. im pow11. my attempt at humor tanked. im sorry crash. like Z said, aliases are ok if its meant to be funny. even if its stupid, it has its place. aliases designed to take anon potshots or to bolster one self by pretending to be someone else are weak.
    you can never buy beer, you just rent it

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieBunker
    lets give ons a break. those who have nothing to hide should out themselves. im pow11. my attempt at humor tanked. im sorry crash. like Z said, aliases are ok if its meant to be funny. even if its stupid, it has its place. aliases designed to take anon potshots or to bolster one self by pretending to be someone else are weak.
    Respect, p11. (and the rest of you bums, too)

edg