Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RIP Carl Skoog

RIP Carl Skoog

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    10 years. Wow. Good guy. If you haven't heard, in August of this year, Carl's sister-in-law (Lowell's wife), Steph Subak, was killed in a fall while backpacking in the Sierra.
    Yeah, pretty brutal. That family has been through a TON. And yeah, really awesome family. Couldn't happen to a better one. Serious vibes to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    10 years. Wow. Good guy. If you haven't heard, in August of this year, Carl's sister-in-law (Lowell's wife), Steph Subak, was killed in a fall while backpacking in the Sierra.
    You're kidding? That's rough. In the summer of 2006 my wife and I climbed Ranier with RMI and in our group was Lowell (pretty sure it was Lowell, but it may have been Gordy, my memory is a bit fuzzy) Skoog and he was going to scatter the rest of Carl's ashes at the summit. I remember feeling lucky to get to climb up with him for such a special trip and pestered him with questions about his trips with his brother to the point he was probably annoyed. At least I got a chance to climb with him in spirit. But I also felt kinda sad that no one else in our group even recognized the name. I was kinda shocked that not even our guides had heard of him. RIP Carl
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."