Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Any new thoughts on bunions since 2018? I have a pretty mild tailor's bunion on my right foot, went to see a podiatrist yesterday and he recommended surgery to shave down the spur. I have pain from it sometimes, but it hasn't been severe since I got rid of some hiking boots with a narrow toe box. My thought is surgery is premature but the podiatrist said it was better to get it while it's small because it's a less involved procedure.

Has anyone had this done? How'd it go?

Bunion (your results may vary)

I’ve only heard of bunions being corrected surgically. Not shaved down. I’d be wary of doing that since it’s not addressing the core issue of the bunion’s movement. Get a second opinion

I have bunions full blown hammer-toe on the right, never had treatments, they look bad but don't cause pain even after 30+ years in ski boots, 10 hrs a day, 4-5 days a week.

My sister ( 40 year flight attendant) had the same features and had one surgically fractured and straightened and the other shaved. Total waste of time, pain & money.

Invest in good shoes and insoles/orthotics.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"