Mt Greylock clearing

For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Here is the post from TT

I'll be going to the nov. 6th one with the cartel

[TT]
    hello all, i have recieved permission to informally organize some trail work days on the thunderbolt and the bellows pipe.

i talked with the head of the state reservation and he was very open to letting a group tackle the overgrown ski trails on the mountain.

in talking with heather linscot( a local woman who lives at the bottom of the mtn; her father entered and won one of the ski races held back in the day!!) we have decided on two sundays; oct. 30th ans nov.6th.

i will be at the first work day, and i am hoping heather can make the second, although i don't think it's mandatory we be there.

we will be mostly taking out prickers and brush form the top of the ski run, that is where the most work is needed. it all depends on turnout. i have also got the go ahead on widing the a.t. portion of the ski trail that connects the summit to the ski trail proper. the a.t portion is in dire shape , very overgrown.

we will be using loppers and small hand saws. anvil loppers will be your best friend for the day, they are strong and can cut 2 inch thick when needed.

any and all help is welcome, thinkinig about meeting at 9 am at the thiel/gould road clearing at the bottonm of the tbolt/bellows.

hope to see a good turnout, will be adding on info as it comes . thanks in advance for the support![/TT]
    Harvest the ride.

bump I'm gonna try to make the 30th
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

page 2 bump

anybody else thinking about coming?

one last hopeful page 2 bump

Wink

You go clear, I'll go ski it

First of all I would like to thank everyone over the years who helped make this possible

We first skied the Thunderbolt in 2000 and have made it back almost every year since. Sadly not this year.

How ever the stoke stays alive in me and this video certainly brought back memory's. A friend linked my buddy to it because she knew we go there. What she didn't know was that we were stars. I remembered the young guy filming, but seeing it 20 years later is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    First of all I would like to thank everyone over the years who helped make this possible

We first skied the Thunderbolt in 2000 and have made it back almost every year since. Sadly not this year.

How ever the stoke stays alive in me and this video certainly brought back memory's. A friend linked my buddy to it because she knew we go there. What she didn't know was that we were stars. I remembered the young guy filming, but seeing it 20 years later is insane.

Neat! I used to hike Greylock when I was a kid. I'm originally from Pittsfield.

Nice. I love Thunderbolt. One of the best OG ski trails around. Should be a must ski for every East coaster.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

i've had many absolute tits days on greylock! awesome when its in..

This is an awesome video. I try to ski the Tunderbolt every year, but it seems I only succeed every other... I missed it this season, sadly.

I loved the segments from 2000!

Telemark tips!

Fkna nice bump
    . . .

A whippet...I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    A whippet...I laughed.
    It's wicked steep guy!

Skied it a couple of times, fun memories. I also grew up not too far from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    A whippet...I laughed.
    Check out some of his other videos.

You might not laugh.