Thread: Winding down

Winding down

Time to give the prostate a rest

I biked a fuck load this summer and skied more then ever last year. I feel like a dick waving ass saying it but I’m in the best shape I’ve been in for the last 12 years. Anyway my degenerate job gives me much free time and I’m addicted to getting stronger. Anyway, any one have the link that has been posted before about ski specific training ( it had pitchers and stuff, mostly pushups and sit-ups, non weight training stuff). I don’t know what type of training that is called. Also a bunch of polymeric and balance, inner core hippy jumbo. Basically strength, coordination and flexibility routines all planed out in one article with compressive diagrams that don’t require a gym membership

Thanks much
    Last edited by Meconium; 10-05-2005 at 02:00 AM.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

I refuse to accept the fact that the biking season is winding down.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    I refuse to accept the fact that the biking season is winding down.
    Moab next weekend, you in? C'mon, it's only like 35 hours.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Wink

If it were under 30, I'd be so there.

on the phone buying light sets. biking is not winding down. blair witch steeze yo

I just ordered some... Supposed to show up tonight. Hopefully they work well.

One more trip to Moab this fall is in my plans, then retiring the bike. No more $$$ to spend on bike gear (i.e. lights), since I'm spending / spent all my dough on new skiis, boots, board, boots, avi gear, class, olympics........I think I'll be starving for a few months, and pushing my car. But I feel okay about it, the season is ending, my drive to bike everyday is dwindling. Snow is here!

PS Also hitting the gym, a lot, and will still be unprepared when the busy snow season begins.
    Last edited by yentna; 10-05-2005 at 01:24 PM.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

Based on your location, you may be in Utah. If in the SLC neighborhood go hang with these folks:

http://www.utahnordic.com/training/f...ttraining.html

Warning, they are a bunch of nordic ski racing hammerheads doing the classic Norwegian interval, plyometrics & ski imitation workouts. The fall sessions started ~a month ago & the intensity ramps up quickly, so if you attend be prepared to suffer. But it's good fun with a good bunch & you will be in great ski shape.

Wendy Fisher double secret training method. Find steep hill to hike, preferably at least 1000 vert. Find backpack. Fill said backpack w/ 30-50 lbs. of rocks. Hike said hill with said pack non-stop as fast as you can go, empty rocks from pack, practice dry land slalom on way down. Repeat. Then repeat again!!

Enjoy!!!!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    Wendy Fisher double secret training method. Find steep hill to hike, preferably at least 1000 vert. Find backpack. Fill said backpack w/ 30-50 lbs. of rocks. Hike said hill with said pack non-stop as fast as you can go, empty rocks from pack, practice dry land slalom on way down. Repeat. Then repeat again!!

Enjoy!!!!
    Good one.

Then recover at the top & bottom w/sets of crunches, dips & pushups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredgar
    Good one.

Then recover at the top & bottom w/sets of crunches, dips & pushups.
    Bring the PAIN!!!!!!!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Ski Training

A certain well-known Jackson local hikes up Snow King with a pack full of gallon water jugs. HEAVY! Dumps them at the top to save his knees. Descends and repeats. It must be working cuz he's killin' it.