View Poll Results: Should Scott Gaffney make a ski movie for 2006??

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

6 2.63%
  • Yes

47 20.61%
  • Yes, and sponsors should give him all the $$ he needs.

175 76.75%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Exploding muskrats on snowboards. Blindfold gap jumping. Heli tow ins. Cougars in clothes too small for them. Big holes dug in draglift trails. Maniacs in charge of avalaunchers. Riding snowmobiles into buildings. Midgets being thrown out of trams. Hucking all of Bad News in a bouncy castle. That sort of thing has soul.
    On second thought, I think Roo should make the movie

NO QUESTION!!

We desperately need more "real" movies. I mean Seth and the boys doing Lincolns off 50 footers on an Alaskan face is mindblowing....but doesnt get me stoked for skiing the way Walls or Emersion does.

On a stormy Friday night, when I know I am not going to be sleeping anyhow, I dont put in MSP....I always reach for a Gaffney flick. I like seeing guys skiing the same type terrain I ski, and showing me what is really possible.

That is inspiration.

Please give us another flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik
    ...side note- Make sure to keep voting, he's sleeping in his Isuzu trooper in my drive way right now, and I'll make sure he sees this thread tomorrow morning after a surf sesh.
    Cody, who is 24 and had been living in the van in California, is, as Michelle says, "a little touched in the head...."
    hippie road trip (thanks, Sprite!)

Something new is definately needed.

Scott can do what ever he wants,& it'll be good.I love seeing big lines in AK ,as well as Berthoud pass with Robb ,or the Cali backcountry with Shane.I'd like to see some more footage of Scott skiing as well.

Jeez,...his commercials for sponsors are even hilarious! I'd like to see some more spoof ads like Schit cola or snowlerblades,or the machete one,or Redbull,Powder & have them foot the bills for him.

As far as music goes,I'm kind of biased.I'm not real big on most of the music that have been in films for years,but then again I haven't been real happy with the music industry since before the Communications Act of '96 that allowed the merger of all media into 3 companies! F*ck Clear Channel!

Unless of course,they make me rich!
    Calmer than you dude

Squawllywood: The Movie would be really cool. Like a documentry based version of the book with local skiers and pros ripping up each of the lines mentioned...
    Salt, Sweat, Sugar on the asphalt

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Hey huckasoreass,

If you don't make a new movie, I'm going to hav eto kill myself. We don't watn that do we. So please maeka new flick... It's a moral imperative!
    Alcohol + stupidity = ^

Ugh, my head hurts this morning. Seriously though, please make another movie. And for the love of god, please film bad roo hucking all of bad news in a bouncy castle. That would rule soooo hard.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by minddoc
    Go for it Scott you have my $29.99
    Bump cuz
    Id pay $50.00 for another Gaffney movie.

I wasn't going to log in while traveling but this thread pulled me in

to help get funding for your next flick, why not make DVD version's of Walls of Freedom, 1999 & Immersion and sell them along with the new movie in a "box set" (what Greg Stump did)

that way the money you'd get from the other copies helps pay for the new movie and gives your fans a chance to get replacements for the worn out VHS copies we all have

it helps us to help you

maybe add a bonus DVD of blooper or other cool footage that never made it into other movies

I'm sure most people here would consider paying in advance for the box set to give you upfront production money to do another film

food for thought

The New York Post reported in July that several high-profile Manhattan dentists were offering sets of temporary teeth veneers to make patients' smiles resemble those of celebrities, at $1,000 to $2,000 a set; more popular veneers were the "Halle," the "Britney," the "Gwyneth," and, of course, for men, the "Tom" and the "George." And The Wall Street Journal reported in July on people who pay "lifestyle designers" up to $450 an hour to construct fanciful, all-new personnas for them, including proper wardrobe and home decor down to which gifts to give and which vacations to take. For example, an ad agency owner who wanted to project a "carefree" image had to be told to buy herself a turquoise 1955 Thunderbird and wear cowboy boots and a bright red scarf around town. [New York Post, 7-17-05] [Wall Street Journal, 7-15-05
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Anyone ever read The Art of War or it's subsequent spin-offs? I think someone should take that to the ski-mountaineering front and make a movie.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

How sick would it be if Stump made a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    The New York Post reported in July that several high-profile Manhattan dentists were offering sets of temporary teeth veneers to make patients' smiles resemble those of celebrities, at $1,000 to $2,000 a set; more popular veneers were the "Halle," the "Britney," the "Gwyneth," and, of course, for men, the "Tom" and the "George." And The Wall Street Journal reported in July on people who pay "lifestyle designers" up to $450 an hour to construct fanciful, all-new personnas for them, including proper wardrobe and home decor down to which gifts to give and which vacations to take. For example, an ad agency owner who wanted to project a "carefree" image had to be told to buy herself a turquoise 1955 Thunderbird and wear cowboy boots and a bright red scarf around town. [New York Post, 7-17-05] [Wall Street Journal, 7-15-05
    Can you tell me who I am?

What is "Sick Bird"

CAW!

CAW! CAW!!
    CAW!

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9
    Can you tell me who I am?
    Can I see your teeth?

I was walking your teeth the other day when the refrigerators started dancing. They'd flip out their vegetables and shake their lettuces in some vegan can-can. Salad spinners swooned and got dizzy, passing out from turpenhydrate overdoses and the vegetable hospital staff began to crack from exhaustion. Fortunately, the Church of the Divine Beet sent their envoys down to flog the overexcited observers with limp linguini. Finally things calmed down.

I took your teeth to the tooth park. They flossed and brushed with other teeth and pined for the days when they graced the cover of Uncle Meat. They barked out "poots" and worried their eczema until it looked like the face of Margaret Thatcher. Then it was time to go home.

I left your teeth in your backyard. If I could see them again, I'd know.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Who worked with Kent K on the "The Kent Kreitler Story" That was also a great movie. Very motivating!

Who worked with Kent K on the "The Kent Kreitler Story" That was also a great movie. Very motivating!
    JK....but Kent put in a TON of work himself, me thinks. JK also did The Waiting Game. Good shite.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

huh, i had a bit of a different take on that movie, maybe i need to watch it again, i have only seen it once.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    JK....but Kent put in a TON of work himself, me thinks. JK also did The Waiting Game. Good shite.
    When is "the waiting game" coming out? I ordered it and have not seen it. And no info on their site.

[QUOTE=CorneliusAnd agreed on not using the word progessions or showing park jib sequences on an empty slope at twilight. I usually piss during that point of the movie so they do serve a purpose.[/QUOTE]

bwah! i always use the jib sections to sneak out and take a piss, the score another beer and sneak it in....

As long as he doesn't pull a Stump and produce an advertisement a-la "The Power of Four"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

When is "the waiting game" coming out? I ordered it and have not seen it. And no info on their site.
    There is no movie, it's all a hoax, hence the name.

bump, cuz I need another movie.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    There is no movie, it's all a hoax, hence the name.
    I am starting to think this is true. At least the trailer was good