Check Out Our Shop

Cleaning some Goretex Trail Runners

How would you wash a pair of Goretex trail runners (cloth)? Thinking in a sink and a soft brush and maybe adding a small amount of Atsko Sport Wash Laundry Detergent ?

Ended up getting spilled on last night..

I would probably thro them in an automagic washer with a healthy shot of powdered detergent
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I would probably thro them in an automagic washer with a healthy shot of powdered detergent
    Goretex official site says "Do not wash in a washing machine" under their footwear care instructions.

Cleaning trail running shoe?

I dunno, walk through some streams, maybe.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Goretex official site says "Do not wash in a washing machine" under their footwear care instructions.
    well yeah that might mess up the sole cuz often there is cardboard in there, I'd be more worried about the sole than the cloth parts I wouldn't worry so much about the gortex which is probably just the membrane, I've always washed gortex ski gear with powderd detergent

just scrub the outer clean with a brush and detergent

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well yeah that might mess up the sole cuz often there is cardboard in there, I'd be more worried about the sole than the cloth parts I wouldn't worry so much about the gortex which is probably just the membrane, I've always washed gortex ski gear with powderd detergent

just scrub the outer clean with a brush and detergent
    Cardboard? Shirley* you can’t be serious. Maybe somewhere but I haven’t bought a shoe/boot ever that I remember cardboard being used in the construction.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Cardboard? Shirley* you can’t be serious. Maybe somewhere but I haven’t bought a shoe/boot ever that I remember cardboard being used in the construction.

I remember when people who wore trail runners actually ran in them and didn't care how dirty they were.

Cleaning some Goretex Trail Runners

I heard that pissing on them will clean them up and they’ll stay clean. It’s like nature’s Scotch Guard.

Other than hosing some mud off or banging the dust out of them I never thought about cleaning them

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I remember when people who wore trail runners actually ran in them and didn't care how dirty they were.
    Pepperridge Farms also remembers.

Well last night I did in fact take a bit of water, added a very small amount of the Atsko Sport Wash in the water, and a brush. I scrubbed them with the brush. Then I rinsed them again in just some water to get any of the sports wash out and let them dry over night. Seem to be just fine and wore them today for a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Going back further, we ran in regular running shoes, as there weren't any trail-soecific shoes. The Hi Tech Badwater was the first that I was aware of, back around 1989. Honesty, until recently, the old Nike waffle soles were better than most of the "trail shoes" that showed up on the scene.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

I also thot it was pretty strange but I have pulled up the sock liner and found cardboard

It’s most likely fiber board and not paper cardboard

or something,

For shits and giggles I took a look at various shoes in the boot room and 30-40 % were more or less card board under the sock liner