Check Out Our Shop

Feeler packasport roof box

I have a packasport roof box with faded clearcoat that came with my camper older largish size that I’m debating selling since my yakima box is lighter and easier to install but also much smaller. Anyone interested? Not sure how to price it given the cosmetics.
    Name:  IMG_1567.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  129.6 KB

I might be interested. I have a white one, but bought a new car and my wife hates it and wants us to get a black one. I was going to paint my current one, but it might be easier to get the black looking good.

I think it would clean up nicely in a few hours with some polishing compound and a buffing wheel. I still need to visit you on kids skis but hopefully sometime soon now that duthie runs are back in and could throw it on to check out.

Keep it, so much nicer than the alternatives. I really like mine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s solid fiberglass.
    Paint it to color match your car. Or just white. Or black.
    Even a slight scuff and solvent wipe and spray cans would work. Assuming you can spray can paint without rubs and drips

They’re so expensive these days.

My Thule rusted out after ten years. Can’t even buy parts.
    My packasport is still rock solid after thirty. Other than needing new struts.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

I have an extra Thule and Yakima box I would trade you if that’s your jam. Both in excellent condition. I’m near Spokane but we get to Leavenworth/Seattle few times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ps. As far as I know all the packasports were boat hulls. Gelcoat molds with fiberglass layup.
    Maybe they switched to clear coat later
    But there’s no harm in trying a wet sand with 1000 grit and then rubbing compound.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

There is no question this box is way better built than my yakima, but I can drive into the work parking garage with either one on and the yakima is 2 minutes on or off solo and this is longer and hard to carry solo.

Clearly the right answer is to polish it up and trade the suv for a euro wagon but not sure that’s in the cards.

Dont' know if it will help, I searched quite a while to find the lowest profile crossbars I could get. Rolo bars let my packasport fit into a standard height garage on an X-5